Thread: When should a new owner be sought for ghosted teams

When should a new owner be sought for ghosted teams

Seeking opinions from members that may be submitted to cdcox and Kevin for immediate implementation.

Honestly I think inactivity during the draft, contract signing, and/or FA should prompt an account warning with a timed default delay so if it is ignored their ownership is removed after 24hours or something to that effect.

King of the World
    Blog Entries
    I have a system in place. I had refrained from making too many teams available at once. Now all neglected teams are available for take over. There are a ton of them.
    Lead Developer of Sandbox Simulations

Quote Originally Posted by cdcox View Post
    I have a system in place. I had refrained from making too many teams available at once. Now all neglected teams are available for take over. There are a ton of them.
    perhaps abandoned teams should be culled more often.....in any event, how do the abandoned teams get to 53 players?

King of the World
    Blog Entries
    For teams that have active owners, they could fill rosters by the normal means, although at this stage of the cycle, a team freshly taken over will find it challenging to find many good players. If the team is run by a bot, it likely will not have a full roster. That is the purpose of street free agents. Ideally, leagues would be nearly filled with active owners. That has proved challenging, but it isn't something we can really control.

The most active leagues are: Chiefs1, Raiders1, Bengals1, Dophins1, Jets1, Patriots1. If active players would focus on taking over teams in these leagues, it will help the game play.

Quote Originally Posted by cdcox View Post
    For teams that have active owners, they could fill rosters by the normal means, although at this stage of the cycle, a team freshly taken over will find it challenging to find many good players. If the team is run by a bot, it likely will not have a full roster. That is the purpose of street free agents. Ideally, leagues would be nearly filled with active owners. That has proved challenging, but it isn't something we can really control.

The most active leagues are: Chiefs1, Raiders1, Bengals1, Dophins1, Jets1, Patriots1. If active players would focus on taking over teams in these leagues, it will help the game play.
    If street free agents performed as such, I wouldn't have a problem. We have showed you examples of how street free agents performed WAY above average during the past season. This means the teams paying attention are the ones being penalized.

King of the World
    Blog Entries
    I plan to appropriately recalibrate the performance street free agents this year.