Quote Originally Posted by smackawits View Post
The reason given why this is NOT done is because cdcox wants more owner participation in the off season. I concur with this decision. Unfortunately, in our league (BILLS-1) not even 1/2 of the owners participated in the rookie draft OR the free agency period (and no attempt was given to find replacement owners). Of course, those of us that participated took advantage of the free agency period to move our teams ahead. Unfortunately, the teams not participating are ghosted and will (if changes have not been made from last year) be performing above their level with the "street free agents" who apparently (due to their performances) are all-pros that have been overlooked by those of us actually paying attention (sarcasm). Some of the league teams have as few as 30 players. Some have no QB, Some have no kick returners. Some have no running backs. I could go on and on, but I am hoping someone monitoring these pages takes notice and at least fills the rosters with the dregs of the league with actual (bad) players so the teams are not relying on street free agents.
I get why they did it week by week. I was only asking them releasing them at once to help us get caught up with timeline of the other leagues.