Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Patriots1

Patriots1

Patriots1 championship is over can we start preparing for the draft.

Thanks to the owners in Patriots1 for a great season. Parkersburg Hillbillies, from the start of the season I thought you had the best starting 22 in the league, and it was only injuries that made the difference. Fitting that the Superbowl would come down to a goal line stand. Congrats on a great season. Here's hoping for a rematch next year.

Quote Originally Posted by ddeyarman View Post
    Thanks to the owners in Patriots1 for a great season. Parkersburg Hillbillies, from the start of the season I thought you had the best starting 22 in the league, and it was only injuries that made the difference. Fitting that the Superbowl would come down to a goal line stand. Congrats on a great season. Here's hoping for a rematch next year.
    Great season and congrats. You had to go through the gauntlet to get to the championship and deserved the win. Forsure hoping I can get that rematch next season.

How long is our FA going to be? I'm guessing the rest of the leagues will cut down to 53 after the Super Bowl, which means we'd probably just be wrapping our draft if we're lucky. Should we expect to get a late start to this season as well?

King of the World
    Blog Entries
    Sorry for the slow response. I have some deadlines at work currently. I will try to get you all rolled over to the rookie draft on Saturday. I will give you a few days after that to set your draft board before the draft actually starts. Free agency will depend on when the bidding process winds down. I imagine you will start sims very close to the times of the other leagues.
    Lead Developer of Sandbox Simulations

Quote Originally Posted by cdcox View Post
    Sorry for the slow response. I have some deadlines at work currently. I will try to get you all rolled over to the rookie draft on Saturday. I will give you a few days after that to set your draft board before the draft actually starts. Free agency will depend on when the bidding process winds down. I imagine you will start sims very close to the times of the other leagues.
    what is the timing for the other leagues? cutdown to 53? Limited FA number of days? rookies added to rosters and able to put into lineup? starting date of the league?

King of the World
    Blog Entries
    All leagues except Patriots1 will be on the same timing. Patriots1 has to do the 2022 NFL draft, so their timing will be a bit different.
    Lead Developer of Sandbox Simulations

All leagues except Patriots1 will be on the same timing. Patriots1 has to do the 2022 NFL draft, so their timing will be a bit different.
    When will teams be opened to getting a real coach instead of ghosts?

Can you release the free agents at once or daily rather then once a week to speed up the process?

Quote Originally Posted by JackCarsten View Post
    Can you release the free agents at once or daily rather then once a week to speed up the process?
    The reason given why this is NOT done is because cdcox wants more owner participation in the off season. I concur with this decision. Unfortunately, in our league (BILLS-1) not even 1/2 of the owners participated in the rookie draft OR the free agency period (and no attempt was given to find replacement owners). Of course, those of us that participated took advantage of the free agency period to move our teams ahead. Unfortunately, the teams not participating are ghosted and will (if changes have not been made from last year) be performing above their level with the "street free agents" who apparently (due to their performances) are all-pros that have been overlooked by those of us actually paying attention (sarcasm). Some of the league teams have as few as 30 players. Some have no QB, Some have no kick returners. Some have no running backs. I could go on and on, but I am hoping someone monitoring these pages takes notice and at least fills the rosters with the dregs of the league with actual (bad) players so the teams are not relying on street free agents.