Thread: Clock Management/Extra Points

Clock Management/Extra Points

When you finally get around to updating this sim, can we expect better clock management and XP tries? As a coach/GM, there would never be a time I would run down the clock to take a game to OT nor would I ever go for 2 when I'm down 4 instead of kicking the XP and being down a FG. There seems to be an excessive amount of games that are decided by poor decisions that we, ourselves, did not get to make.

Had a challenge game between Kingwood Shadows and Newport Beach Neptunes and with 50seconds left in the 4th qtr I called a timeout after an incomplete pass.

Matt Gay kicks 62 yards, returned for 130 yards by Kene Nwangwu Touchdown, conversion

Obviously that's too many yards.

Call me aggressive, but there's not a chance I punt when I'm down with so little time on the clock.

4th Q 2:27 4th and 5 Kingwood 25 Sam Koch punts 45 yards, returned for -3 yards by Isaiah McKenzie
    Rochester 16, Kingwood 13

Just called a timeout after a incomplete pass, I understand the code is going through a rewrite at the moment however after that is finished I think we all agree there needs to be some changes to clock management. Thanks

King of the World
    Blog Entries
    Got it. Thanks for the feedback.
    Lead Developer of Sandbox Simulations

2pt or 1pt after touchdown

There is one other thing i like to know when you are down by two score and you just score a touchdown in the 3rd Qu. with 12 mins. left and you are going for 2pt and you don't make it and you go down to score another touchdown in the 4th qu. and then you go for a one point and not for 2pt to tie it and then you lose by the one point that if you kick it in the 3rd Qu, you would have tie the game but you lose it because of the there is soming wrong there. I would have like to go to ot to see if I could have won the game

I've had a couple instances where I would call a timeout prior to punting. Obviously I'm not trying to save my opponent time on the clock. Thanks for considering all of this feedback