Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: L-R position question

L-R position question

I know there is a slight out of position penalty for playing players at same position they are listed at but just the other side (example: playing a LG at RG).

My question is do I play my best player at his natural position and move the other one to the other side? Or, do I play my best player, out of position on the other side, and keep the lessor skilled one at his natural position?

Is it better to take the slight out of position penalty on my better player or the lessor player? Which arrangement would give me the best max possible for the combo?

Quote Originally Posted by PaperLions View Post
    I know there is a slight out of position penalty for playing players at same position they are listed at but just the other side (example: playing a LG at RG).

My question is do I play my best player at his natural position and move the other one to the other side? Or, do I play my best player, out of position on the other side, and keep the lessor skilled one at his natural position?

Is it better to take the slight out of position penalty on my better player or the lessor player? Which arrangement would give me the best max possible for the combo?
    This is the reason that other games have a ratings system.

We out here with little to no information about how the players we have are preforming from play to play, let alone additional information from the start about where to line guys up in the first place.

But, hey, it's not a perfect world, it's an alternate one.

And in the reality, your best guess is all you get to work with because many have proven that PFF or Madden ratings don't mean much anyway.

Oh, and should you happen to find something that works too well, it will be coded out by the clipboard Nazis that run the asylum.

Quote Originally Posted by PaperLions View Post

I really do not think it matters, i have a very good offensive line and Taylor only gets 3 yards a carry. I really believe everything Umberto is saying, he just isn't saying it nicely. I don't think that the info we put in for games plans and such do anything. I have my team set to run the ball around 85% but it is around 50% in the sim, there have been games where the first 7-8 plays are all pass. Who starts the game is weird also, my #2 RB usually gets the first few carries every game. There are a lot of changes that need to be made!

Quote Originally Posted by tophardtjr View Post
    I really do not think it matters, i have a very good offensive line and Taylor only gets 3 yards a carry. I really believe everything Umberto is saying, he just isn't saying it nicely. I don't think that the info we put in for games plans and such do anything. I have my team set to run the ball around 85% but it is around 50% in the sim, there have been games where the first 7-8 plays are all pass. Who starts the game is weird also, my #2 RB usually gets the first few carries every game. There are a lot of changes that need to be made!
    If youre a running team and get behind, it seems the sim takes over and starts throwing the ball.
    Adjust your "Hurry Up" & "Run out the clock". It seems to have helped me stay to my plans.

As far as L-R, I go by what they're listed as. If they're listed as just a G, I'll put them on either side. I have several tackles on a team I inherited and they're mostly listed as just a T, just a few RT & LT listed. Like Darrisaw is listed as just a T, so I'll move him back and forth if need be.

Ive used Safeties in LB positions just to keep from using a FREE AGENT and zero recognition for doing anything so who tfk's.

A guards listed as a LG and all his stats show him being a RG. Like I said, wtfk's.

Oh, and Urbumto is a TROLL!!!
    It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see he's not happy.

Hes only here to stir the pot. Every group has one. You can't beat him up with common sense cause he doesn't have any to recognize it when confronted.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind From West View Post
    Oh, and Urbumto is a TROLL!!!
    It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see he's not happy.

Hes only here to stir the pot. Every group has one. You can't beat him up with common sense cause he doesn't have any to recognize it when confronted.

Wind from the west?
    That's called Hot Air?
    Right?

Quote Originally Posted by UmmBerrto View Post
    Wind from the west?
    That's called Hot Air?
    Right?

Wind from the west living in the Vancouver, Wa. area meant rain.
    We could see the volcano, Mt. St. Helens from our house.
    Smart guy.

Is that all you got?

Wind from the west living in the Vancouver, Wa. area meant rain.
    We could see the volcano, Mt. St. Helens from our house.
    Smart guy.

Is that all you got?

So, it's usually cool/cold in Vancouver, when the hot air/wind from the west comes, there is rain.

Like I said, hot air

As always, you have no idea wtf youre talking about, lol.

As always, you have no idea wtf youre talking about, lol.

So, rain does not come from mixing cool and hot air fronts?

Yeah, I might have to cut you off from conversation also.

Have you never once watched the weather portion of any news site?