Thread: Ant Given Sunday Subroutine

Any Given Sunday Subroutine

Do you guys have some sort of Any Given Sunday subroutine in the algorithm for games? Especially Challenge games?

I ask because nobody is able to keep a real winning streak going.

Anytime I see someone getting close to ten or eleven wins in a row, boom, penalties and turnovers appear like crazy, next thing you know that team is 5-5 or 6-4 in their last ten.

Just an observational based query, not just my team, plenty of others. It's almost a guarantee that if I challenge a good team that is 8-2 or above in their last ten, I usually win, and the same team that is 5-5 in their last ten and I will often lose
    Unless I'm the team that is on a roll then boom all of the sudden I am 5-5 again.

So if I am aware and play that algorithm out, like some people, I can clearly increase my odds of gaining in the elo rankings.

As some have obviously done.

If that is the case, how is that natural and fair?

Just so you know, since you guys have not been honest about everything to this point, I am not going to believe you if you say that you didn't program an inhibitor that stops teams from being statistical dominant over the field.

My guess is you probably think you needed to do that to force competitive balance, which is crap.

Put the numbers in and let the sim run, that is natural and fair.

Normally I edit, but I'm on the can and my legs are getting numb.
    Last edited by UmmBerrto; 06-15-2022 at 04:24 PM.

King of the World
    Blog Entries
    The sims take no account of Elo or records.
    Lead Developer of Sandbox Simulations

Quote Originally Posted by cdcox View Post
    The sims take no account of Elo or records.
    Or performance?

We have all read where you have continually informed us that the sim is regulated to what you consider the average of where they should be.

King of the World
    Blog Entries
    Is your argument that the context in which NFL stats are compiled are irrelevant? We disagree. The game will continue to improve in the direction of making an increasingly realistic simulation. That doesn’t seem to be what you are interested in. We’re okay with people who don’t like this direction to find a different product that meets their interests.
    Lead Developer of Sandbox Simulations