Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Special Teams & Extra Points

I will say this, me personally, as a rule, I would prepare my team to look at most all 4th downs as we are going for it, and all 2pt conversions as we are going for it.

That way, psychologically and emotionally, we are not under as much pressure as our opponents.

To my team, the fact that we practice, from the opening camps, that the 4th down is ours, the 2pt conversions are ours, that we are supposed to be going for 2pts, we are supposed to be going for 4th down, therefore our percentage of successful execution would eventually be way higher than the normal league average success rate.

As well as there would be a natural reduction in the negative effect of failure.

I find that Sims never take repetition advancement into account, I am used to that by now.

If the Sim shows teams On Side Kicks 2% of the time with a 5% success rate and my team kicks On Side Kicks 90% of the time, it is only logical that the success rate should go way up above everyone else's 5% success rate.

Same with 2pt and 4th down conversion attempts as well as short yardage.

The more My team Practices week after week and attempts these in game, the higher our team's level of confidence will grow, and the success rate will naturally increase dramatically over the average.

Before the naysayers stop reading and post a reply about how wrong I am.

The same thing has already happened in the NFL with the forward pass.

It used to be the only time teams would throw the ball was on 3rd down and longer then 4.

Only throwing the ball on 3rd down put a lot of pressure on QB's to make the correct read and throw against a defense that was ready for the play.

We saw a lot of three and out drives and poor 3rd down conversion rates from teams with mediocre to good QB's for decades.

Now a days, they are willing to throw the ball on every down, it is a lot more common in today's NFL, on any given Sunday, for a team to have one of the two dozen mediocre QB's like Mitchell Trubisky and Baker Mayfield to throw the ball 35-45 times in a game, than for a team to have the one or two QB's like Jimmy G and Teddy Bridgewater who are more likely to only throw the ball 15-20 times a game.

Analytics tell you that the more you throw the ball the more chances you have to have successful chunk plays.

Funny thing is, it's the same for the Running game.

Bottom line is that the more you do anything in sports, the better your team gets at doing it.

On Average.

Yet, what I was not prepared for, is that your sim, is set up to diminish the effectiveness of anything that is done above the average, (accept the forward pass.)

Clearly, I believe I have shown, your Logic is flawed, and your evaluation and administration of problem-solving solutions is nowhere near logical when confronted with reality, even an alternative reality such as this one.

Ummberrto, your logic is flawed for two reasons. First, you haven't mentioned the team you're playing against, only your team's prep. Second, some things are just harder to do than others. Because your team, as an example, does an onside kick every time they kickoff doesn't mean they should necessarily have a better chance at recovering it for two reasons- the opposing team will have seen your team's tendency for that situation, and the play is a hard play to succeed at. In this game (football- not the sim) practice doesn't necessarily make perfect- it just makes you better at what you do, but for every thing that you're trying to get right, there is an opposing force trying to make sure you fail. That's where talent comes into play, you don't seem to be taking that into account....
    Last edited by Bottle2k; 06-20-2022 at 01:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by UmmBerrto View Post
    Copy and paste
    That's what I did though....

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wind From West View Post
    Watch old film of Dante Hall, ha!
    I wish I could give rep here.

Hold up……you want the sim to account for the psychological and emotional nature of your team running fictitious practices?

😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂

“I will say this, me personally, as a rule, I would prepare my team to look at most all 4th downs as we are going for it, and all 2pt conversions as we are going for it.

That way, psychologically and emotionally, we are not under as much pressure as our opponents.
    To my team, the fact that we practice, from the opening camps, that the 4th down is ours, the 2pt conversions are ours, that we are supposed to be going for 2pts, we are supposed to be going for 4th down, therefore our percentage of successful execution would eventually be way higher than the normal league average success rate.”

“The more My team Practices week after week and attempts these in game, the higher our team's level of confidence will grow, and the success rate will naturally increase dramatically over the average.”