Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: QB rushing

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    so you like to run the single wing or a wish bone offence back in the good old days it work but time have change or have the fb run the ball as much as the rb and if the could have those formation you could run the ball all day

Quote Originally Posted by pit1232 View Post
    so you like to run the single wing or a wish bone offence back in the good old days it work but time have change or have the fb run the ball as much as the rb and if the could have those formation you could run the ball all day

Facts are, the ball can be run all day with the formations that they have currently.

Only problem is, when there is a high level of success, which there should be, they change the code to take away the obvious success, that very well exists in real life.

Dude, c'mon.
    You bitch about the sim not being realistic but yet you run Lamar 50+ times, never passing or using another RB and then complain of adjustments, lol?
    Show me an NFL game where thats been done and its normal.

You can't have it both ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind From West View Post
    Dude, c'mon.
    You bitch about the sim not being realistic but yet you run Lamar 50+ times, never passing or using another RB and then complain of adjustments, lol?

First off, watch your tone with me.

Secondly, I have the running plays set to run more with the running back then with the QB. For the very reason that I did not want to look like I was taking advantage of the sim.

Thirdly, as I said, If it were allowed, in this sim, I would gladly pick up four other QB's to split the carries between them all so that injuries and fatigue can be reflected.

And fourthly, If the code was not already changed to restrict Short yardage success, I would have gladly continued to run the RB's even more often then I was running them.

And finally, watch your tone with me.
    I allowed my tone to change when people said I was out of line. You should do the same. Watch your tone.

Dude, c'mon.

This from the same guy who gets ridicules numbers from his defense?

Pure hypocrite.

OK, I got the mirror out to reflect my fingers...

Get over yourself. Its a game online, lol. My tone, you a funny guy!

Learn how to gameplan!!!

OK, I got the mirror out to reflect my fingers...

Get over yourself. Its a game online, lol. My tone, you a funny guy!

Learn how to gameplan!!!

My gameplan is to work with what this abandoned team has to offer.

In this sim Lamar can't pass with any consistency, (such is his real life.)

I was happy to run a traditional offense, but even with D-hop and a couple of other WR's as well as Miles Sanders at HB, no offense can do much with a 50% QB completion percentage.

So, if my QB can't complete a pass, but can run, then as a Head coach on any level, I am going to work a system that works for my personnel.

I would have happily picked up a bunch of Run first QB's from the couch, split the load and ran all those guys into concussion protocol.

But the powers that run this thing do not allow us to do that.

Can't change QB's mid game, can't disperse caries amongst QB's, that is not my choice, that is the owners choice.

So, after trying several specific different gameplans over the last 7 weeks, It became obvious that Lamar and Sanders would have to carry the load on the ground 100% of the time, if this team is to be competitive.

The resulting algorithm and results prove that Lamar could not be trusted to throw even one pass when it mattered.

(And it matters quite often, because the defense doesn't stop anyone.)

Now maybe my defensive woes are my fault, because of my defensive gameplan, but as I said in another post, without formations in the play by play, all adjustments to play calling are blind for both the offense and the defense.

I understand that any QB who runs the ball a lot will take damage, that is fine with me. That is real life.

I only ask, allow me to carry the number of QB's i want to and allow me to spread the carries around to them.

Also remove the unrealistic restrictions from the short yardage play calls that were added just because people were having success running the ball.

It' is really foolish that the only success you will allow is what you see in the NFL on Sundays, even when the basic algorithm tells you that the success should happen.

You guys put all the info into the system and when people had success doing things that the NFL has become too afraid to do, you change the code.

That is not alternative reality football, that is manually manipulated mirroring of todays NFL.

That is not what you advertised.

You advertised the opportunity to test my own wits against others, and each thing I do that stands out, you have written the code to Hammer down.
    Last edited by UmmBerrto; 06-10-2022 at 01:29 AM.

ingenuity - with an i

Quote Originally Posted by PaperLions View Post
    ingenuity - with an i
    Ok, Thats your rebuttal?

King of the World
    Blog Entries
    NFL QB rushing stats are complied when the QB has the element of surprise. The defense is defending against the pass and the QB pulls the ball down and picks his way through a broken field. Or there is a relatively rare designed QB run. In his peak rushing season, Lamar Jackson, averaged less than 12 carries per game, including scrambles on a designed passing play. NFL teams are free to direct snap to their best few rushers and run it down the throat of the defense. No modern NFL team does that because a predictable NFL offense is easier to defend. A few teams tried running the wildcat a few years ago and had some early success. It was short-lived because it became predictable and early success could not be sustained.
    Lead Developer of Sandbox Simulations