Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: QB rushing

Quote Originally Posted by UmmBerrto View Post
    Duh,
    That is the truth of any football formation.
    But you can adjust to things in real life in this what we have set goes. It's taking advantage of a flaw in a game

Duh,
    That is the truth of any football formation.
    You're also completely ignoring the fact that players/coaches in real life have brains and the ability to think and adjust on the fly where the players in this do everything based on an algorithm.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingswood View Post
    Slight difference in that we can't gameplan against the run at all. All of our blitzes, regardless of the situation, only apply to the pass. Sandbox determines the run blitzes. That means the only way of defensively gameplanning against the run is via personnel. You still never answered my question about the nerfed running. How do you know that running was nerfed in 2te and 3te sets?

I tried jail break blitzing him. I got my ass whupped, 0-36. Most games are within 5 points.

It wont do me any good to bitch to cox about my D plans changing on their own (I log each plan). "I'll get to it when I have a chance" but whenever someone bitches about play, he adjusts, smh...lol.

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JackCarsten View Post
    I think what cdcox is saying is that rbs and qbs and wrs lose effectiveness in real life based on the number of hits they take. All he is doing is attempting to make this more realistic.
    Yeah. We also have to model to prevent low-touch players from becoming superman in the sim. If a guy got 10 carries for 140 yards in the NFL because he happened to break one long run, we have to recognize that he's not going to get 300 carries for 4,200 yards if he's used heavily. Anomalies with low frequencies are going to revert to the mean as the frequency goes up.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind From West View Post
    I tried jail break blitzing him. I got my ass whupped, 0-36. Most games are within 5 points.

It wont do me any good to bitch to cox about my D plans changing on their own (I log each plan). "I'll get to it when I have a chance" but whenever someone bitches about play, he adjusts, smh...lol.
    I refresh before and after every adjustment. The page times out after a minute so you have to constantly refresh. If you refresh and it stays then it's saved.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Yeah. We also have to model to prevent low-touch players from becoming superman in the sim. If a guy got 10 carries for 140 yards in the NFL because he happened to break one long run, we have to recognize that he's not going to get 300 carries for 4,200 yards if he's used heavily. Anomalies with low frequencies are going to revert to the mean as the frequency goes up.

Out of curiosity, does the same thing happen with a low possession player who gets a lot more work.

In other words if a back last year had 20 carries for 30yrds will his production regress to the mean when getting 200 carries?

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post

Also, what about when A QB that is not so great? So the Head Coach limits the number of times he calls pass plays, Like a Jimmy G or a Taysom Hill? Does that QB all of the sudden regress to being better now that the sim has him throwing the ball 50+ times a game?

Because Hill is a Beast in this game, and I KNOW SOME PEOPLE would love to think Hill is a Good QB and should be Starting in the NFL, But seriously. Nobody is winning anything with Jimmy G or Taysom Hill throwing the ball 50+ times over two games, let alone in one game.

Ijs

Also, what about when A QB that is not so great? So the Head Coach limits the number of times he calls pass plays, Like a Jimmy G or a Taysom Hill? Does that QB all of the sudden regress to being better now that the sim has him throwing the ball 50+ times a game?

Because Hill is a Beast in this game, and I KNOW SOME PEOPLE would love to think Hill is a Good QB and should be Starting in the NFL, But seriously. Nobody is winning anything with Jimmy G or Taysom Hill throwing the ball 50+ times over two games, let alone in one game.

Ijs
    Taysom Hill is not a beast in this Sim. He's better than he is in real life but he's not putting the team on his back either. The players that seem to have the most obnoxious advantages are Braxton Berrios and Deonte Harris, neither of which had a single game last season with 100 yards and they combined for 5 receiving TD's on the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingswood View Post
    Taysom Hill is not a beast in this Sim. He's better than he is in real life but he's not putting the team on his back either. The players that seem to have the most obnoxious advantages are Braxton Berrios and Deonte Harris, neither of which had a single game last season with 100 yards and they combined for 5 receiving TD's on the year.

I beg to differ, Taysom is routinely a problem, How many of the old top 10-15 teams in challenge play have him at QB?

Dude just came back from a 28-7 deficit against me this morning, came down to the last drive.

Until the change in QB running that NOBODY noticed until Lamar, Taysom was QB for five of the top 10 Teams in Elo.

So yeah, Taysom isn't running for 180 yrds on 20 carries anymore, but he is still a problem beyond his real NFL value.

I think that is why a couple of y'all are so mad at me running Lamar crazy, causing the change in code, Because, now, your golden boy Taysom, has taken a little tarnish.

I beg to differ, Taysom is routinely a problem, How many of the old top 10-15 teams in challenge play have him at QB?

Dude just came back from a 28-7 deficit against me this morning, came down to the last drive.

Until the change in QB running that NOBODY noticed until Lamar, Taysom was QB for five of the top 10 Teams in Elo.

So yeah, Taysom isn't running for 180 yrds on 20 carries anymore, but he is still a problem beyond his real NFL value.

I think that is why a couple of y'all are so mad at me running Lamar crazy, causing the change in code, Because, now, your golden boy Taysom, has taken a little tarnish.
    Nobody on here wanted taysom as a first choice. We get stuck with taysom and we work with what we got. Nobody cares that you ran with Lamar 100%. It may work in the challenges but all anyone cares about is league play. What's annoying is that you're the only one crying about something that affects all of us. Every single one of us found other ways to maximize our strengths. Week 13 Taysom Hill ran for 100 yards against Dallas so it's not like he's not known for QB runs. Besides that your actual complaint wasn't even about Taysom's running. It was about Hill throwing 50 times a game and being a beast. I just had Hill throw 50x in a game because I always manage to get turnovers on my own side of the field back to back to back. He definitely did not bring me back throwing 50x while barely completing 50%. Not exactly impressive. So while I get what you're saying, he's better than what he is in real life (his running in PFF is 91.9) but he's definitely not a beast. If you're getting beat through the air consistently by taysom hill then you might want to take a better look at your D.