Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: QB rushing

Quote Originally Posted by Wind From West View Post
    Dude, c'mon.
    You bitch about the sim not being realistic but yet you run Lamar 50+ times, never passing or using another RB and then complain of adjustments, lol?
    Show me an NFL game where thats been done and its normal.

You can't have it both ways.

This from the same guy who gets ridicules numbers from his defense?

Pure hypocrite.

As interesting as an all out run offense sounds, I agree with the changes against a running QB. This sim is not sophisticated enough to set up a "spy" defense, adjust mid-game to a QB regularly running or placing extra o-line as TEs. Allowing a fast QB to run 30 times a game, not get hurt against an NFL D, or deal with mid-game adjustments feels like a glitch which needs to get fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Lutegolfer View Post
    As interesting as an all out run offense sounds, I agree with the changes against a running QB. This sim is not sophisticated enough to set up a "spy" defense, adjust mid-game to a QB regularly running or placing extra o-line as TEs. Allowing a fast QB to run 30 times a game, not get hurt against an NFL D, or deal with mid-game adjustments feels like a glitch which needs to get fixed.
    Then allow me to spread those carries amongst three QB's like old school Football used to do.

Secondly, they already took away the ability to dominate the line of scrimmage with an all out RB attack by restricting the productivity of the two and three TE sets.

If you don't get all you need to be a throw 40 passes a game offense, your squad is middle of the pack.

If you have the parts to run 50 times a game well in this sim, your success is coded out.

Does not matter if it is RB's, QB's, WR's or a combination of all positions.

That is not realistic, you can't attack success just because you don't want that kind of success.

That is basic classism.

The creators have been doing that for a long time. Why put restrictions on what RB's can achieve in 2 and 3 TE sets?

Take away those restrictions on 2 and 3 TE sets and I wouldn't try to run the QB position 50% of the time, I would still run my QB's, but not that much.

Facts are, Nobody has a defense that can hold up to 50+ runs a game, Behind a large group of Run Blockers, with Multiple backs.

Yet this truth has been coded out of the sim.

While fear of Individuality of Thought has coded it out of the NFL.

In the beginning days of football, teams put up 30-50 points, week after week game after game, without even knowing what a forward pass was.

A team with a 250 Play all run Playbook is not predictable or easy to stop.
    Last edited by UmmBerrto; 06-10-2022 at 06:47 AM.

I must have missed something. What evidence do you have that the effectiveness of the run is coded to be less successful in 2te and 3te sets and that the defense isn't just more difficult to run against? Did they say that somewhere?

My biggest issue with it is there isn't any real way to game plan against it. For example if you pass 50% and QB run 50% all out of 5wr I can't guard either thing without completely allowing the other so no matter what atleast half of your gameplan will work at a ridiculous unreasonable level and that still doesn't mean I completely shut down the part I gameplan for

Quote Originally Posted by Cmcm2297 View Post
    My biggest issue with it is there isn't any real way to game plan against it. For example if you pass 50% and QB run 50% all out of 5wr I can't guard either thing without completely allowing the other so no matter what atleast half of your gameplan will work at a ridiculous unreasonable level and that still doesn't mean I completely shut down the part I gameplan for
    Duh,
    That is the truth of any football formation.

Quote Originally Posted by UmmBerrto View Post
    Duh,
    That is the truth of any football formation.
    Slight difference in that we can't gameplan against the run at all. All of our blitzes, regardless of the situation, only apply to the pass. Sandbox determines the run blitzes. That means the only way of defensively gameplanning against the run is via personnel. You still never answered my question about the nerfed running. How do you know that running was nerfed in 2te and 3te sets?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingswood View Post
    Slight difference in that we can't gameplan against the run at all. All of our blitzes, regardless of the situation, only apply to the pass. Sandbox determines the run blitzes. That means the only way of defensively gameplanning against the run is via personnel. You still never answered my question about the nerfed running. How do you know that running was nerfed in 2te and 3te sets?
    First of all,
    You can Blitz the Run, you don't think Blitzers have an effect on the run? I don't believe that for a second

Secondly,
    Read the history within the communication.

Thirdly,
    How does personnel have an effect on the run?
    Last edited by UmmBerrto; 06-10-2022 at 10:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by UmmBerrto View Post
    First of all,
    You can Blitz the Run, you don't think Blitzers have an effect on the run? I don't believe that for a second

Secondly,
    Read the history within the communication.

Thirdly,
    How does personnel have an effect on the run?
    First of all,
    Watch your tone with me boy.

Secondly,
    The "communication" is vague. I've read everything since I've been here and I must've missed the part where they said runs are less effective in 2te and 3te sets. Either they came right out and said it or you're making an assumption based on your own failures.

Thirdly,
    If you can't figure out how having a dime personnel set is less effective against the run than having a base personnel set then you're not intelligent enough to make half the noise you're making.

Fourth,
    You're wrong. Read the gameplan.
    "In the tables below, you are specifying blitzes designed to rush the QB as opposed to blitzes designed to disrupt the running game. A certain number of run blitzes are automatically factored into your run defense."

Next time you let your little twitter fingers run try knowing what you're talking about first. Next time you talk to me come with some respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingswood View Post
    First of all,
    Watch your tone with me boy.

Secondly,
    The "communication" is vague. I've read everything since I've been here and I must've missed the part where they said runs are less effective in 2te and 3te sets. Either they came right out and said it or you're making an assumption based on your own failures.

Thirdly,
    If you can't figure out how having a dime personnel set is less effective against the run than having a base personnel set then you're not intelligent enough to make half the noise you're making.

Fourth,
    You're wrong. Read the gameplan.
    "In the tables below, you are specifying blitzes designed to rush the QB as opposed to blitzes designed to disrupt the running game. A certain number of run blitzes are automatically factored into your run defense."

Next time you let your little twitter fingers run try knowing what you're talking about first. Next time you talk to me come with some respect.

disrespect? where?

I see where you are...

Where did I disrespect you?

Yeah, I just went through this whole scroll, I don't see any disrespect from me to you.

Not sure what you are confused about, please explain yourself.
    Last edited by UmmBerrto; 06-10-2022 at 11:12 PM.