Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: QB rushing

ingenuity - with an i

Quote Originally Posted by Wind From West View Post
    OK, I got the mirror out to reflect my fingers...

Get over yourself. Its a game online, lol. My tone, you a funny guy!

Learn how to gameplan!!!

My gameplan is to work with what this abandoned team has to offer.

In this sim Lamar can't pass with any consistency, (such is his real life.)

I was happy to run a traditional offense, but even with D-hop and a couple of other WR's as well as Miles Sanders at HB, no offense can do much with a 50% QB completion percentage.

So, if my QB can't complete a pass, but can run, then as a Head coach on any level, I am going to work a system that works for my personnel.

I would have happily picked up a bunch of Run first QB's from the couch, split the load and ran all those guys into concussion protocol.

But the powers that run this thing do not allow us to do that.

Can't change QB's mid game, can't disperse caries amongst QB's, that is not my choice, that is the owners choice.

So, after trying several specific different gameplans over the last 7 weeks, It became obvious that Lamar and Sanders would have to carry the load on the ground 100% of the time, if this team is to be competitive.

The resulting algorithm and results prove that Lamar could not be trusted to throw even one pass when it mattered.

(And it matters quite often, because the defense doesn't stop anyone.)

Now maybe my defensive woes are my fault, because of my defensive gameplan, but as I said in another post, without formations in the play by play, all adjustments to play calling are blind for both the offense and the defense.

I understand that any QB who runs the ball a lot will take damage, that is fine with me. That is real life.

I only ask, allow me to carry the number of QB's i want to and allow me to spread the carries around to them.

Also remove the unrealistic restrictions from the short yardage play calls that were added just because people were having success running the ball.

It' is really foolish that the only success you will allow is what you see in the NFL on Sundays, even when the basic algorithm tells you that the success should happen.

You guys put all the info into the system and when people had success doing things that the NFL has become too afraid to do, you change the code.

That is not alternative reality football, that is manually manipulated mirroring of todays NFL.

That is not what you advertised.

You advertised the opportunity to test my own wits against others, and each thing I do that stands out, you have written the code to Hammer down.
    Last edited by UmmBerrto; 06-10-2022 at 01:29 AM.

King of the World
    Blog Entries
    NFL QB rushing stats are complied when the QB has the element of surprise. The defense is defending against the pass and the QB pulls the ball down and picks his way through a broken field. Or there is a relatively rare designed QB run. In his peak rushing season, Lamar Jackson, averaged less than 12 carries per game, including scrambles on a designed passing play. NFL teams are free to direct snap to their best few rushers and run it down the throat of the defense. No modern NFL team does that because a predictable NFL offense is easier to defend. A few teams tried running the wildcat a few years ago and had some early success. It was short-lived because it became predictable and early success could not be sustained.
    Lead Developer of Sandbox Simulations

Quote Originally Posted by PaperLions View Post
    ingenuity - with an i
    Ok, Thats your rebuttal?

I'm trying to figure out why someone would want 5 rushing QB's to run the ball 100% instead of just getting 5 RB's... If you really wanted to you could split the carries between your QB, HB, HB2, HB3, and FB. QB's tend to cough up the ball and get injured more frequently. It's not realistic to expect to run with QB's 100% of the time and be effective, in any era. You can say as much as you want about the size of your line but size typically comes at the cost of speed and DLineman and Linebackers aren't exactly pushovers. Add in the fact that the defense can utilize their hands and there's no reason why you should realistically expect 4ypc or 5ypc running with a QB 60x a game. To put things in perspective the best running QB in the league, Lamar Jackson, has fumbled 5% of the time he gets hit. Derrick Henry averages a fumble less than 0.8% of his hits. That means you're more than 6x as likely to fumble with Lamar Jackson as you are with Henry. In addition, Henry averages 4.9ypc for 16 carries per game. If you take out his first two years where he was underutilized he's averaging 20 carries per game and still holding strong at right around 5ypc. Lamar Jackson is averaging 6ypc with 10 carries a game. Expecting Lamar Jackson to maintain that ypc when it's doubled or tripled is not realistic, especially when the D knows it's coming.

Quote Originally Posted by cdcox View Post
    NFL QB rushing stats are complied when the QB has the element of surprise. The defense is defending against the pass and the QB pulls the ball down and picks his way through a broken field. Or there is a relatively rare designed QB run. In his peak rushing season, Lamar Jackson, averaged less than 12 carries per game, including scrambles on a designed passing play. NFL teams are free to direct snap to their best few rushers and run it down the throat of the defense. No modern NFL team does that because a predictable NFL offense is easier to defend. A few teams tried running the wildcat a few years ago and had some early success. It was short-lived because it became predictable and early success could not be sustained.

You stated your case, however, you did not do so while addressing the points I made, that already speak against your statements as being useless.

I am committed to the run and in more ways then just some one way version of the wildcat that Miami was running in the hopes that Michael Vick would take the helm after he was released from prison.

Which is the reason Miami brought the wildcat in, and the reason they stopped using it, (because he did not come).

Your philosophy is wrong.

San Fransico is having success because they run the ball in ways nobody else does, those plays are just adaptations on George Halas, Chuck Knoll, Papa Bear and Mike Shanahan's playbooks to fit the personnel on the field.

You are closed minded, short sighted and wrong.
    Last edited by UmmBerrto; 06-10-2022 at 02:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingswood View Post
    I'm trying to figure out why someone would want 5 rushing QB's to run the ball 100% instead of just getting 5 RB's... If you really wanted to you could split the carries between your QB, HB, HB2, HB3, and FB. QB's tend to cough up the ball and get injured more frequently. It's not realistic to expect to run with QB's 100% of the time and be effective, in any era. You can say as much as you want about the size of your line but size typically comes at the cost of speed and DLineman and Linebackers aren't exactly pushovers. Add in the fact that the defense can utilize their hands and there's no reason why you should realistically expect 4ypc or 5ypc running with a QB 60x a game. To put things in perspective the best running QB in the league, Lamar Jackson, has fumbled 5% of the time he gets hit. Derrick Henry averages a fumble less than 0.8% of his hits. That means you're more than 6x as likely to fumble with Lamar Jackson as you are with Henry. In addition, Henry averages 4.9ypc for 16 carries per game. If you take out his first two years where he was underutilized he's averaging 20 carries per game and still holding strong at right around 5ypc. Lamar Jackson is averaging 6ypc with 10 carries a game. Expecting Lamar Jackson to maintain that ypc when it's doubled or tripled is not realistic, especially when the D knows it's coming.

I did not say my QB should run 100% of the time I said I want to run the ball 100% of the time and I said that I set the QB to have 0% passing because Lamar sucks and he is going on injured reserve in a week anyway. In this sim the RB running options are limited, You can't get any real offense generated in short yardage because they changed the code when people were having the success that the code said they should be having.

Also, to answer your question straight up, when your QB's do run, they get the benefit of having the RB as an extra blocker in front of them to fill out the tunnel.
    Last edited by UmmBerrto; 06-10-2022 at 02:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by UmmBerrto View Post
    You stated your case, however, you did not do so while addressing the points I made, that already speak against your statements as being useless.

I am committed to the run and in more ways then just some one way version of the wildcat that Miami was running in the hopes that Michael Vick would take the helm after he was released from prison.

Which is the reason Miami brought the wildcat in, and the reason they stopped using it, (because he did not come).

Your philosophy is wrong.

San Fransico is having success because they run the ball in ways nobody else does, those plays are just adaptations on George Halas, Chuck Knoll, Papa Bear and Mike Shanahan's playbooks to fit the personnel on the field.

You ae closed minded, short sighted and wrong.

So much "wrong" with this post. Vick never played for Miami.

I had my doubts before but I'm sure now, you don't know wtf youre talking about, lol.

So much "wrong" with this post. Vick never played for Miami.

I had my doubts before but I'm sure now, you don't know wtf youre talking about, lol.

I degress. I got past the 2nd paragraph and threw my arms up. Didn't see the (because he did not come) cause I honestly give up.

But I'll stand by my 2nd sentence, lol.

I degress. I got past the 2nd paragraph and threw my arms up. Didn't see the (because he did not come) cause I honestly give up.

But I'll stand by my 2nd sentence, lol.
    If you are not going to read the entire post, Why do you think you should have the right to make a comment about it?

Is that not pure Hypocrisy?

You think you should be heard, However, you can not first listen?