Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trades

How so? If they're a ghost team, it'll never be accepted?

King of the World
    Blog Entries
    Someone takes over a ghost team with the the intention to trade players to a confederate in the league at bargain basement prices. We publicize all trades through trade announcements to allow people to protest trades, but we obviously don't want to spend a lot of effort undoing trades. It may also mess up statistics. Not sure on that with out checking the code. We might look at this again later.
    Lead Developer of Sandbox Simulations

you have to trust the people in the group to make it work and if not then you don't have it in your game. were here to have fun and see if we can build a championship just like the pro do you say this is the best football game and you keep your team each year and you draft collage players each year so you can build your team.  so trust the people that are paying you to play the game see what happen first.  I like your game very much but I would love to see how I would do with trades so i am hoping you will see what happen.

Quote Originally Posted by pit1232 View Post
    you have to trust the people in the group to make it work and if not then you don't have it in your game. were here to have fun and see if we can build a championship just like the pro do you say this is the best football game and you keep your team each year and you draft collage players each year so you can build your team. so trust the people that are paying you to play the game see what happen first. I like your game very much but I would love to see how I would do with trades so i am hoping you will see what happen.
    I have been playing in various leagues for 58 years.......and the "trust" you talk about has always been an issue. Certain people will always take short-cuts and look for "cheat codes", so to speak. There is no way to insure that everyone would play by the same rules, particularly when so many ghost teams are available.

Quote Originally Posted by cdcox View Post
    Someone takes over a ghost team with the the intention to trade players to a confederate in the league at bargain basement prices. We publicize all trades through trade announcements to allow people to protest trades, but we obviously don't want to spend a lot of effort undoing trades. It may also mess up statistics. Not sure on that with out checking the code. We might look at this again later.
    Good example of what you said is like trade deadline where someone takes over a ghost team and sees they'll miss playoffs and trades players for draft picks to speed up rebuilding process and free up cap space. And the other team has 1 or 2 missing pieces to make playoff run so they'll be happy to give up those draft picks etc.
    Biggest thing for me would be revisit the free agency in season, but add a fee to the salary cap total if move is made or keep it to max amount of moves. Im in a week where 3 of my 4 guards are out and 2 of my 3 runningbacks are out (which is on me for not seeing that before season started), but now I'm stuck with street free agents at rb and backup tackle at guard.

Quote Originally Posted by JackCarsten View Post
    Good example of what you said is like trade deadline where someone takes over a ghost team and sees they'll miss playoffs and trades players for draft picks to speed up rebuilding process and free up cap space. And the other team has 1 or 2 missing pieces to make playoff run so they'll be happy to give up those draft picks etc.
    Biggest thing for me would be revisit the free agency in season, but add a fee to the salary cap total if move is made or keep it to max amount of moves. Im in a week where 3 of my 4 guards are out and 2 of my 3 runningbacks are out (which is on me for not seeing that before season started), but now I'm stuck with street free agents at rb and backup tackle at guard.

What you are saying is normal, if it's the deadline and I'm looking to dump and rebuild, teams actually do that in real life.

As long as the deadline is the same as the NFL, what is the issue?

I am guessing that people were taking over teams and making trades to help a buddy in a different league?

I guess that can be an issue, don't other games just have a period of trade verification and approval?