Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: If I might be so bold as to make another suggestion?

If I might be so bold as to make another suggestion?

Making every draft pick a 10-minute pick, even when locked in, would set the rounds rather nicely.

For example, every pick set at 10 min would make every 24-pick round a 240-minute round.

That would mean that each round would take exactly 4 hours.

The first round of each day could be scheduled to run from 8am to noon.

Each team would know exactly when their pick is coming up.

After the first round, there could be a one-hour break before the second round starts at 1pm, running to 5pm.

After another one-hour break the third round could run from 6pm-10pm.

This would give three rounds a day, with enough advanced warning and slow enough movement to allow for men to be keep up with their draft boards.

As well as move the draft process along in a manner that may prove to be more efficient.

24 rounds in 8 days or 27 rounds in 9 days.

Seems to me it would minimize headaches and complaints.

But then again, I could be wrong.

Sincerely,

Robert Cal Richards Jr.

not a bad idea until the last sentence.......

Quote Originally Posted by smackawits View Post
    not a bad idea until the last sentence.......

Not quite sure I get what you are saying?

you could have left the last sentence out...your idea was good and deserves some attention for future leagues.

King of the World
    Blog Entries
    I appreciate the input. So as someone who works 10-12 hour days pretty regularly, this would require me to put and rank at least 60 players on my draft board every night. That is about a 3 hour task for me. I one or two rounds per day is about all I can handle.
    Lead Developer of Sandbox Simulations

Quote Originally Posted by cdcox View Post
    I appreciate the input. So as someone who works 10-12 hour days pretty regularly, this would require me to put and rank at least 60 players on my draft board every night. That is about a 3 hour task for me. I one or two rounds per day is about all I can handle.

Might I then ask, what is the plan when there are actually 24 individual teams drafted by 24 actual humans?

When each of those 24 teams is run by an actual independent person?

What is your plan to maintain the speed of the draft then?

Or, is it your plan, to start every league, with ghost teams, that never auto pick, as your means to control the speed of the initial draft, for all time?

And continue to later offer those miss-drafted bot teams as secondary abandoned teams for bored and frustrated gamers to adopt as a means to pacify the multitude?

I'm just asking for a friend.

Personally, I am enjoying most every moment of this.

Sincerely,

Robert Cal Richards Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by UmmBerrto View Post
    Might I then ask, what is the plan when there are actually 24 individual teams drafted by 24 actual humans?

When each of those 24 teams is run by an actual independent person?

What is your plan to maintain the speed of the draft then?

Or, is it your plan, to start every league, with ghost teams, that never auto pick, as your means to control the speed of the initial draft, for all time?

And continue to later offer those miss-drafted bot teams as secondary abandoned teams for bored and frustrated gamers to adopt as a means to pacify the multitude?

I'm just asking for a friend.

Personally, I am enjoying most every moment of this.

Sincerely,

Robert Cal Richards Jr.
    Why are you like this? I've been reading a bunch of you comments / messages. You make this community toxic. This game isn't perfect, but you attitude is far worse.

Quote Originally Posted by tigerchen View Post
    Why are you like this? I've been reading a bunch of you comments / messages. You make this community toxic. This game isn't perfect, but you attitude is far worse.

Am I not asking a legitimate question?

Your game is for the intelligent, is it not?

Intelligent people ask questions about things that don't add up.

It's a matter of our nature.

So, I'm just asking, what is the plan for the future?

How do you plan on controlling the speed of the draft when 24 humans lock in their draft board?
    Last edited by UmmBerrto; 05-04-2022 at 07:36 PM.

King of the World
    Blog Entries
    We have some plans on the stove to increase engagement they aren’t ready to roll out yet, but they hopefully will be in the next few weeks.

I’m not worried about the draft ever going too fast in practice. Let’s do a thought experiment where 24 people were fully engaged, each had 100 players on their draft board and all had auto draft turned on. Boom, four rounds get executed instantly. What do you think happens next? All the draft boards are empty and half the people will be away from the game for many hours living their lives. The draft will slow down to the normal pace. With a very active league you can average 20 minutes per pick over the course of the draft or two rounds per day. Faster than that just isn’t likely to happen.
    Lead Developer of Sandbox Simulations

Quote Originally Posted by cdcox View Post
    We have some plans on the stove to increase engagement they aren’t ready to roll out yet, but they hopefully will be in the next few weeks.

I’m not worried about the draft ever going too fast in practice. Let’s do a thought experiment where 24 people were fully engaged, each had 100 players on their draft board and all had auto draft turned on. Boom, four rounds get executed instantly. What do you think happens next? All the draft boards are empty and half the people will be away from the game for many hours living their lives. The draft will slow down to the normal pace. With a very active league you can average 20 minutes per pick over the course of the draft or two rounds per day. Faster than that just isn’t likely to happen.

Then why the Ghost teams?