Thread: formation

formation

why dosen't it tell us what formation we are running on the downs so we know if that formation is working for us

King of the World
    Blog Entries
    I plan to include that in the next version of the simulator.
    Lead Developer of Sandbox Simulations

You might also want to change the base formation to 3 WR and no FB.

might i also recomend a quick change in that the lineups for each matchup should be published with the box score. That seems like something that would be separate from the Algo deciding everything its just a snapshot in time of the starting players shown side by side.

On a separate note something i have been curious about. In the Sim does the LCB or RCB cover WR1????

Quote Originally Posted by Rampage965 View Post

On a separate note something i have been curious about. In the Sim does the LCB or RCB cover WR1????
    I've been wondering about that too.

Quote Originally Posted by Fangowolf View Post
    You might also want to change the base formation to 3 WR and no FB.
    Nope, don't do that.

I am an avid supporter of the FB.

I am sure there are others who run the ball as well.

However, I would eventually appreciate more formation options.

I would also find it really cool if we could change the positions within the formations.

For instance, just because its a two WR set or three WR set does not mean I want WR1 and WR2 and three to all be the same,

or HB1, TE1, sometimes I might want WR4 and 5 to be in as WR1 and 2 or TE1 as WR3.

or TE3 as TE1 for a formation.

Basically allowing us to change each position in each formation, I can imagine that is quite an ask.
    Last edited by UmmBerrto; 06-06-2022 at 12:31 PM.

We can substitute just about anyone else, why not RB? I'd like to be able to use my WR in the backfield when my back ups are out, ala Debo.

King of the World
    Blog Entries
    To answer some questions:

LCB has priority to cover WR1 and RCB has priority to cover WR2. Matchups are not straightforward though, and change from play to play. For example, formations, blitzes, double coverage, all effect match ups on a play-by-play basis.

There is a balance between being able to control things at infinite detail and keeping the game easy enough to play. Different people will have different preferences for that balance. An option to include a TE in empty backfield sets has been requested, and we'll probably add that at some point.

There are a couple of reasons why we limit substitutions on offence. One is that this is a data driven game. We don't have much data on most WR running out of the backfield. The other reason is that in our initial testing some players found some unrealistic formations that gave unexpected advantages. Limiting where skill players can be lined up solved both problems.
    Lead Developer of Sandbox Simulations