Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Game Play

Quote Originally Posted by Kingswood View Post
    Anyone else getting sacked 10 times a game, 4 times on the first 4 plays? Make it make sense.

QB - Justin Fields - 2nd fastest QB in the league
    LT - Elgton Jenkins - 11th tackle on PFF
    LG - Chris Lindstrom - 6th guard on PFF
    C - Conner McGovern - 9th center on PFF
    RG - Michael Onwenu - 3rd guard on PFF
    RT - Braden Smith - 13th tackle on PFF

Perhaps the problem is Justin.

His stats were not very good last year.

Regardless of how fast he is, dude was way over matched play after play.

Not sure what his sack percentage was last year, because I just couldn't take watching the ineptitude.

Perhaps next year, fields will be better.

Also, in my own personal opinion, Young QB's need a run game, even in an alternate reality.

Reality is, I can't offer you much help, I just got here.

Quote Originally Posted by UmmBerrto View Post
    Perhaps the problem is Justin.

His stats were not very good last year.

Regardless of how fast he is, dude was way over matched play after play.

Not sure what his sack percentage was last year, because I just couldn't take watching the ineptitude.

Perhaps next year, fields will be better.

Also, in my own personal opinion, Young QB's need a run game, even in an alternate reality.

Reality is, I can't offer you much help, I just got here.
    You're probably right. He did have a game last year where he got sacked 9 times. I just expected that with a better line and receivers it would balance out a bit more. Lessons learned.

Quick suggestion that is probably not a quick code update.

How about, instead of a SFA, program the computer to add a random real player at that position who is not signed to a team in that league?

Basically, the equivalent of picking up a real guy from waivers, another team's practice squad, own practice squad, the carousel or the couch.

Teams are constantly bringing guys in mid-season to fill holes and give opportunities when injuries occur.

My guess is you have already considered that as a step down the road.

You have what looks like a few hundred unused available players in each league.

Or let us pick up guys from the free agent list for $1 during the season and release our own guys to injury reserve?

Probably too much to make happen right now.

I like the idea of the random guy that the computer assigns, because then I can click on that guy and look up his real stats and ratings, even if I don't yet get to pick who is assigned to my team to fill a hole.

I understand that that is exactly what a SFA is, I'm just saying that having the real name and face of a specific player might help the GM's psychology.

I also am guessing that you realize that too.

Or another idea, expand our rosters to match what the NFL has available when including the practice squad.

Just the random thoughts of an outsider.
    Last edited by UmmBerrto; 05-28-2022 at 01:36 AM.

You're probably right. He did have a game last year where he got sacked 9 times. I just expected that with a better line and receivers it would balance out a bit more. Lessons learned.
    I understand

Quote Originally Posted by UmmBerrto View Post
    Quick suggestion that is probably not a quick code update.

How about, instead of a SFA, program the computer to add a random real player at that position who is not signed to a team in that league?

Basically, the equivalent of picking up a real guy from waivers, another team's practice squad, own practice squad, the carousel or the couch.

Teams are constantly bringing guys in mid-season to fill holes and give opportunities when injuries occur.

My guess is you have already considered that as a step down the road.

You have what looks like a few hundred unused available players in each league.

Or let us pick up guys from the free agent list for $1 during the season and release our own guys to injury reserve?

Probably too much to make happen right now.

I like the idea of the random guy that the computer assigns, because then I can click on that guy and look up his real stats and ratings, even if I don't yet get to pick who is assigned to my team to fill a hole.

I understand that that is exactly what a SFA is, I'm just saying that having the real name and face of a specific player might help the GM's psychology.

I also am guessing that you realize that too.

Or another idea, expand our rosters to match what the NFL has available when including the practice squad.

Just the random thoughts of an outsider.
    good ideas well presented

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by smackawits View Post
    good ideas well presented
    That's reasonable. I have no idea how much coding that would involved, but it's certainly something we can consider as an improvement.

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tcavity4566 View Post
    Quick Question....

Is there anyway to minimize the amount of penalties your team receives? Like if we use players who are less penalized throughout the year? I am top the leaderboards on penalties and it is NOT a list you want to be high on....
    Yeah, we code in the real players' likelihood to draw penalties (with some normal random variation, of course), and some players are penalty magnets in real life. If a lineman or cornerback is grabby in real life, he'll be grabby in these leagues, too.

I just played a challenge game where Rothlisberger fumbled 4 times.....in a little over 1 quarter of 1 game. Lmao. He fumbled a total of 11 times all of last year.

Just saw I was challenged and I was sacked 8 times, threw 3 ints, and fumbled 4 times... in one game? We had similar pressure percentages but I never got to him once. Explain to me how Jimmy G is better at evading a sack than Justin Fields. His receivers aren't better, his line isn't better, yet somehow I'm the only one struggling? This is what's infuriating. There is so little consistency that it makes everything a joke. If SFA are going to outperform NFL starters and my team play is going to be so hit or miss why should we even bother? What is the point of setting up a gameplan and lineup, or even drafting if players aren't going to perform realistically? You don't want to give ratings, which I'm all for, but then you don't want to make the players realistic. The only difference between SFA and starters at this point is that starters have a name. Everything else seems entirely randomized.

Dude, my team, CCA, sacks the hell outta teams and forces plenty of turnovers. Ask dj's left nut, leader of Challenge. I sacked Dak 10 times and forced I think 6 turnovers last time we played and am 3-1 against him, lol.

Did you pay attention to whos sacking you? Its not a DE or LB, lol.

I have several D gameplans I use for certain teams. I'm all about Defense. Don't care the NFL is all Offense.

You gotta change **** up!

Anyone else getting sacked 10 times a game, 4 times on the first 4 plays? Make it make sense.

QB - Justin Fields - 2nd fastest QB in the league
    LT - Elgton Jenkins - 11th tackle on PFF
    LG - Chris Lindstrom - 6th guard on PFF
    C - Conner McGovern - 9th center on PFF
    RG - Michael Onwenu - 3rd guard on PFF
    RT - Braden Smith - 13th tackle on PFF
    We sacked Newport earlier today 19 times, lol.

363 sacks in 71 games. Yeah buddy!