Thread: Game Play

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cdcox View Post
    I will make a few comments about free agents in Sandbox.
    • The stats for free agents mimic low attempt players in the NFL, on the theory that hundreds of players every year in the NFL start the season as free agents but end up playing. Many NFL teams start a player some time during the season that was sitting on their couch opening weekend.

• Free agents will occasionally make some big plays or have good games. Umberto listed some good NFL examples.

• If you look in any Sandbox league, most FA with significant snaps aren’t doing great. QB ratings in the 60s or below. WR dropping 10% of their passes. Etc.

• Kevin mentions a great point that all FA at a given position on a given team are lumped together.

• But looking at the big picture, FA are performing a little better than they should. Over the next couple weeks I will likely tone down their average performance by another notch.
    Just saw I was challenged and I was sacked 8 times, threw 3 ints, and fumbled 4 times... in one game? We had similar pressure percentages but I never got to him once. Explain to me how Jimmy G is better at evading a sack than Justin Fields. His receivers aren't better, his line isn't better, yet somehow I'm the only one struggling? This is what's infuriating. There is so little consistency that it makes everything a joke. If SFA are going to outperform NFL starters and my team play is going to be so hit or miss why should we even bother? What is the point of setting up a gameplan and lineup, or even drafting if players aren't going to perform realistically? You don't want to give ratings, which I'm all for, but then you don't want to make the players realistic. The only difference between SFA and starters at this point is that starters have a name. Everything else seems entirely randomized.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingswood View Post
    Just saw I was challenged and I was sacked 8 times, threw 3 ints, and fumbled 4 times... in one game? We had similar pressure percentages but I never got to him once. Explain to me how Jimmy G is better at evading a sack than Justin Fields. His receivers aren't better, his line isn't better, yet somehow I'm the only one struggling? This is what's infuriating. There is so little consistency that it makes everything a joke. If SFA are going to outperform NFL starters and my team play is going to be so hit or miss why should we even bother? What is the point of setting up a gameplan and lineup, or even drafting if players aren't going to perform realistically? You don't want to give ratings, which I'm all for, but then you don't want to make the players realistic. The only difference between SFA and starters at this point is that starters have a name. Everything else seems entirely randomized.
    I have not played a game yet as my league is still in the initial free agent period. But that is something they need to fix, there is no reason for that to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingswood View Post

Dude, my team, CCA, sacks the hell outta teams and forces plenty of turnovers. Ask dj's left nut, leader of Challenge. I sacked Dak 10 times and forced I think 6 turnovers last time we played and am 3-1 against him, lol.

Did you pay attention to whos sacking you? Its not a DE or LB, lol.

I have several D gameplans I use for certain teams. I'm all about Defense. Don't care the NFL is all Offense.

You gotta change **** up!

Quote Originally Posted by Wind From West View Post
    I pay attention to everything lol. Most of the time it is a DE or LB. It's rare I'm sacked by DB's or DT's.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind From West View Post
    Dude, my team, CCA, sacks the hell outta teams and forces plenty of turnovers. Ask dj's left nut, leader of Challenge. I sacked Dak 10 times and forced I think 6 turnovers last time we played and am 3-1 against him, lol.

I have several D gameplans I use for certain teams. I'm all about Defense. Don't care the NFL is all Offense.

You gotta change **** up!
    So, it is ok that your Defense is doing all this, but will they change the code to reduce your advantage?