Thread: New Draft?????

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

New Draft?????

Yall should get peoples phone information, that way you can send text messages to people who have been waiting, for only you know how long, for their initial draft to take place.
    I get the feeling that half the guys who are in my league have already abandoned their teams, due to the laps in time between when they joined the site,
    and when this daft has actual begun.

Meaning, for us who are involved, this draft will be another thing that is dragged out much longer than it must needs be.

I hope these guys that aren't involved get automated with their picks from here on out.

If most of these guys have abandoned this group, this draft is going to take weeks for no good reason, if each empty spot is given 60 minutes every time....

This could have been avoided right off the back by making each person acknowledge their presence during the 48 hours between when the draft was set and the first round began.

Anyone who did not acknowledge a presence would have been automated from pick one.

And continually anyone who's slot takes the entire 60 minutes at anytime during the draft, should then be placed on automated picks until they return.
    Last edited by UmmBerrto; 04-27-2022 at 06:59 PM.

I agree with that

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    We've found that a lot of people won't set the autodraft version on even if they have their list prepared. You can think of it as added drama, I guess.

On a technical note, we initially planned to do text notifications of different game events, but we couldn't find a free way to do texts. Even if they're cheap, we would be sending enough of them that it would be a major financial issue to consider in our pricing. So we didn't do it.

King of the World
    Blog Entries
    The other thing is that if everyone had draft boards filled an auto pick turned on, no one would be able to keep up. Let’s say you had 100 picks on your draft board and everyone had auto pick turned on except one person, you’d burn through your draft board in 5 or 6 hours. It would take me at least 2 or 3 hours to add and sort 100 players to my draft board.

For me having to make on or two picks a day is the most I could handle, with working and other responsibilities.
    Lead Developer of Sandbox Simulations

Quote Originally Posted by cdcox View Post
    The other thing is that if everyone had draft boards filled an auto pick turned on, no one would be able to keep up. Let’s say you had 100 picks on your draft board and everyone had auto pick turned on except one person, you’d burn through your draft board in 5 or 6 hours. It would take me at least 2 or 3 hours to add and sort 100 players to my draft board.

For me having to make on or two picks a day is the most I could handle, with working and other responsibilities.

Chris,

Set a time delay of five or ten minutes for the locked picks.

Personally I have a draft board of about eighty picks locked in, so yeah, I thought this was for the intellectual?

For those who really want to know what it's like to be a GM in the NFL.

You refused to allow people to access the draft board until some random day that for most people never seemed to come, then on that random Monday several weeks after signing up, you drop a 48 hour notice, again mid week, that now they must find the time to get a draft board ready by Wednesday?

How many NFL operations behavior mirrors your own?

You guys need a wake up call.

As much as you have done, and as impressive as your product is.

Wake up, you are also the reason your retention is at 20%.

Sincerely,

Robert Cal Richards Jr
    Last edited by UmmBerrto; 04-28-2022 at 03:52 PM.

My guy, you paid $18. Have an ice cream sandwich and chill out a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Reggy View Post
    My guy, you paid $18. Have an ice cream sandwich and chill out a bit.

I don't enjoy being lied to.

I call out bull crap when I see it.

Quote Originally Posted by UmmBerrto View Post
    I don't enjoy being lied to.

I call out bull crap when I see it.
    You're crying this much and you haven't even played a game yet... all for something that you get for a year for the cost of an hour of work. You're being obnoxious. I call it out when I see it.