Thread: PFF or Madden?

PFF or Madden?

I have noticed a big difference in some players on how they are rated by PFF and Madden.

My Question is, which rating system is more important or influential in this simulation?

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Our policy is to not share how we develop performance data because we want the game to be more about football instincts and your own subjective judgments than on optimizing a particular set of known performance stats. I will say, though, that we use multiple sources of data for our modeling so no one system is going to be the magic bullet.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Our policy is to not share how we develop performance data because we want the game to be more about football instincts and your own subjective judgments than on optimizing a particular set of known performance stats. I will say, though, that we use multiple sources of data for our modeling so no one system is going to be the magic bullet.
    Ok, I can understand that, no two GM's are going to get the exact same info in their individual research,
    and even if they get similar recommendations,
    each organization will process and apply that info differently.

My new question is, as this draft begins here tomorrow, there is a number assigned to each player,
    does that number have any bearing on the players past or future performance,
    within this system you have created?

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    The ID numbers are just that: identification. You'll note that the lowest numbers correlate to more years in the league, but that's because each year as rookies come into the league they get added onto the list and thus get higher numbers.

Ok thanks, just wondering.