PDA

View Full Version : A new league's draft - just for fun

Kevin
03-04-2022, 09:40 PM
Our newest league is doing their initial veteran draft, and I thought it might be fun for everyone to watch it. I'll post it round by round, maybe one round per day. Here's round one.

1 Boston Atom Smashers Josh Allen
2 King Of Prussia Maulers Patrick Mahomes
3 Bemidji Conquistadors Justin Herbert
4 Brooklyn Bombers Joe Burrow
5 Abbeville Alligators Lamar Jackson
6 Clifton Mustangs T.J. Watt
7 Milwaukee Gaslighters Dak Prescott
8 Los Angeles Trojans Mac Jones
9 Mooresville Yard Dawgs Aaron Donald
10 Charleston Hurricanes Jalen Hurts
11 Rock Island Rampage Cooper Kupp
12 Saint Louis Archers Derrick Henry
13 Montpelier Avalanche Micah Parsons
14 Rochester Spartans Kyler Murray
15 Norfolk Admirals Trevor Lawrence
16 Princeton Tiger Sharks Aaron Rodgers
17 Indianapolis Immortals Nick Bosa
18 Riverside Riders Deebo Samuel
19 Lutz 86ers Ryan Tannehill
20 Honolulu Hitmen Ja'Marr Chase
21 Massillon Tigers Matthew Stafford
22 Detroit Vipers Myles Garrett
23 Miami Dolphins Russell Wilson
24 Rochester Rhinos Tom Brady

TheeMasterBolt
03-06-2022, 06:09 AM
Crazy how Aaron Donald was picked in 1st round and he may retire.

Cmcm2297
03-06-2022, 06:35 AM
Crazy how Aaron Donald was picked in 1st round and he may retire.

I thought I heard that he said he wanted to try and run it back, could be wrong. wasnt me that picked him either way

Kai
03-06-2022, 06:59 PM
Ive heard both. If it were me I probably wouldn't have taken him that high with the uncertainty.

Also, this league seems pretty active, is there any chance there is an open team in this league? Would love to have another shot at the draft.

Cmcm2297
03-06-2022, 08:58 PM
Ive heard both. If it were me I probably wouldn't have taken him that high with the uncertainty.

Also, this league seems pretty active, is there any chance there is an open team in this league? Would love to have another shot at the draft.

I'm in this league as well as our others it is pretty active 8 or 9 of us are in a FB group chat too its been cool

Kevin
03-07-2022, 12:47 AM
I find the rise of Cooper Kupp to be interesting. He's come a long way from being a mid-round pick.

Kevin
03-07-2022, 12:55 AM
Round 2:

25 Rochester Rhinos Davante Adams
26 Miami Dolphins Trent Williams
27 Detroit Vipers Jonathan Taylor
28 Massillon Tigers Justin Jefferson
29 Honolulu Hitmen Jalen Ramsey
30 Lutz 86ers Tristan Wirfs
31 Riverside Riders Derek Carr
32 Indianapolis Immortals Chase Young
33 Princeton Tiger Sharks Bobby Wagner
34 Norfolk Admirals Joey Bosa
35 Rochester Spartans Rashawn Slater
36 Montpelier Avalanche Penei Sewell
37 Saint Louis Archers Christian McCaffrey
38 Rock Island Rampage Tyreek Hill
39 Charleston Hurricanes Michael Pittman Jr.
40 Mooresville Yard Dawgs Stefon Diggs
41 Los Angeles Trojans Duane Brown
42 Milwaukee Gaslighters Rashan Gary
43 Clifton Mustangs Trevon Diggs
44 Abbeville Alligators DeAndre Hopkins
45 Brooklyn Bombers Maxx Crosby
46 Bemidji Conquistadors Terry McLaurin
47 King Of Prussia Maulers CeeDee Lamb
48 Boston Atom Smashers J.C. Jackson

Kevin
03-07-2022, 02:25 AM
If not for always being dinged up, I'd think that Bosa might be the steal of this round. When he's on the field, he's really good. But there are lots of solid picks here.

Knorr
03-08-2022, 12:18 AM
Hey Kevin - How about making sure all the league are moving forward instead of reporting draft picks “for fun”. The league I’m in had issues day one with a ****ed up draft that after 5 rounds was on hold for a month, then had to be to restarted - then there was no word about the next step which was signing /FA stage until there were multiple complaints, now the stage has ended (back in January), you said in an email that the Game planning stage would take place in two weeks - about 2 months ago and since nothing. What the hell are you doing? If you don’t know what league I’m talking about - I gotta ask how many other leagues are as screwed up as the one I’m in?

cdcox
03-08-2022, 04:01 AM
Knorr, almost all of the leagues are waiting for me to finish processing the data. There is a tread on this forum "Countdown to Simulation of the 2021 Sandbox Season" where I have been posting progress updates. Game planning for all leagues will begin most likely on Saturday (afternoon). The data processing is really labor intensive, but we are almost there.

Kevin
03-09-2022, 07:50 PM
Round 3

49 Boston Atom Smashers D.K. Metcalf
50 King Of Prussia Maulers Jordan Mailata
51 Bemidji Conquistadors Kolton Miller
52 Brooklyn Bombers Creed Humphrey
53 Abbeville Alligators Arik Armstead
54 Massillon Tigers Darius Leonard
55 Milwaukee Gaslighters Patrick Surtain II
56 Los Angeles Trojans Mike Evans
57 Mooresville Yard Dawgs Nick Chubb
58 Charleston Hurricanes Andrew Van Ginkel
59 Rock Island Rampage Tyron Smith
60 Saint Louis Archers Kirk Cousins
61 Montpelier Avalanche Kyle Pitts
62 Rochester Spartans Darnell Mooney
63 Norfolk Admirals DeForest Buckner
64 Princeton Tiger Sharks Trey Hendrickson
65 Montpelier Avalanche Denzel Ward
66 Riverside Riders Travis Kelce
67 Lutz 86ers Jeffery Simmons
68 Honolulu Hitmen AJ Terrell
69 Indianapolis Immortals Elgton Jenkins
70 Detroit Vipers Quenton Nelson
71 Miami Dolphins Demarcus Lawrence
72 Rochester Rhinos George Kittle

Kevin
03-14-2022, 02:07 AM
Round 4

73 Rochester Rhinos Cameron Heyward
74 Miami Dolphins Xavien Howard
75 Detroit Vipers Brandon Scherff
76 Massillon Tigers Mark Andrews
77 Honolulu Hitmen Fred Warner
78 Lutz 86ers DeVonta Smith
79 Riverside Riders Joe Mixon
80 Boston Atom Smashers Trent Brown
81 Princeton Tiger Sharks Brian O'Neill
82 Norfolk Admirals Minkah Fitzpatrick
83 Rochester Spartans Najee Harris
84 Indianapolis Immortals Braden Smith
85 Saint Louis Archers Jamal Adams
86 Rock Island Rampage Corey Linsley
87 Charleston Hurricanes Taylor Moton
88 Mooresville Yard Dawgs Jimmy Garoppolo
89 Los Angeles Trojans Saquon Barkley
90 Milwaukee Gaslighters Orlando Brown Jr.
91 Clifton Mustangs Ryan Jensen
92 Abbeville Alligators Marshon Lattimore
93 Brooklyn Bombers De'Vondre Campbell
94 Bemidji Conquistadors Jaylen Waddle
95 King Of Prussia Maulers A.J. Brown
96 Clifton Mustangs Ryan Ramczyk

Kingswood
03-14-2022, 09:21 PM
I've created a spreadsheet with the draft details along with their positions and position groups. I'm still editing it to include PFF grades and Madden ratings. If you care to take a slightly more in depth glance you can view the link. There were a lot of trades during this draft too so I'd like to find a way to add the transaction history. I already cleared all my announcements unfortunately.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RdGxIIkY2AacojZ76_brdrF91vLFRZqnuBrs7_NAiNk/edit?usp=sharing

tigerchen
03-14-2022, 09:27 PM
I've created a spreadsheet with the draft details along with their positions and position groups. I'm still editing it to include PFF grades and Madden ratings. If you care to take a slightly more in depth glance you can view the link. There were a lot of trades during this draft too so I'd like to find a way to add the transaction history. I already cleared all my announcements unfortunately.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RdGxIIkY2AacojZ76_brdrF91vLFRZqnuBrs7_NAiNk/edit?usp=sharing

Would be huge if you can get the ratings. My spreadsheet is all stats - i need a comprehensive way to quantify some of these guys.

Kingswood
03-15-2022, 05:11 PM
I'm still working on them. So far I have QB's, WR's, HB's, K's, P's completed. I also did the first round. I'm hoping to have the rest of the offense finished tonight and the entire thing done by the end of the week.

Kingswood
03-16-2022, 03:12 PM
Dolphins1 Draft Results are now completed with PFF and Madden overall ratings. Here is the link again if anyone is curious:

Kevin
03-19-2022, 03:49 AM

Whoa, nice work. Were you able to automate that or did you do them all by hand?

This negates my need to keep listing rounds. I was doing it so people in other leagues and new leagues can check out one draft. But it's all here.

Kingswood
03-19-2022, 08:41 PM
Unfortunately, I'm not smart enough to do things automatically so I took the meticulous route.

Kevin
03-22-2022, 03:43 AM
Unfortunately, I'm not smart enough to do things automatically so I took the meticulous route.

We have much in common.

UmmBerrto
05-08-2022, 01:33 PM
Dolphins1 Draft Results are now completed with PFF and Madden overall ratings. Here is the link again if anyone is curious:

Does anyone else find it interesting that a dozen or more QB's have a higher PFF grade then Pat Mahomes?

UmmBerrto
05-08-2022, 01:42 PM

Or does anyone find it fascinating that the rating for Quinton Nelson is so low with PFF and yet so high with Madden?

I have been wondering what that was all about since the first day I read through this chart. I just didn't want to wake up any of the other GM's I was drafting against, especially when you guys gave a very vague answer about there not being a Magic Key the first time I brought it up.

I am just really interested in what the other guys think about PFF and Madden having such huge gaps in their ratings for some of the NFL best players.

Anybody care to talk about it?

Kevin
05-16-2022, 02:39 AM
Or does anyone find it fascinating that the rating for Quinton Nelson is so low with PFF and yet so high with Madden?

I have been wondering what that was all about since the first day I read through this chart. I just didn't want to wake up any of the other GM's I was drafting against, especially when you guys gave a very vague answer about there not being a Magic Key the first time I brought it up.

I am just really interested in what the other guys think about PFF and Madden having such huge gaps in their ratings for some of the NFL best players.

Anybody care to talk about it?

I have no idea how Madden comes up with their ratings. I know that PFF has people who watch game video and subjectively decide whether a player completed his assignment well. That might mean saying that a cornerback had good coverage on a play where he wasn't thrown at, so there's going to be some subjectivity there. I wonder if Madden does that, or if they're basing ratings off of stats (not that a player like Quentin Nelson has a lot of stats from the NFL).

I think the bottom line is that there's probably a lot of subjectivity in ratings, and one's system might lead to differences compared to someone else's system. Still, though, you'd think that there'd be reasonably high consistency. I guess that's why they play the games.

UmmBerrto
05-16-2022, 07:10 AM
I have no idea how Madden comes up with their ratings. I know that PFF has people who watch game video and subjectively decide whether a player completed his assignment well. That might mean saying that a cornerback had good coverage on a play where he wasn't thrown at, so there's going to be some subjectivity there. I wonder if Madden does that, or if they're basing ratings off of stats (not that a player like Quentin Nelson has a lot of stats from the NFL).

I think the bottom line is that there's probably a lot of subjectivity in ratings, and one's system might lead to differences compared to someone else's system. Still, though, you'd think that there'd be reasonably high consistency. I guess that's why they play the games.

I'd be curious to know what you think about Pat Mahomes?

He has a rather low grade of PFF?

Also, have they, (PFF) ever given a public explanation as to why they rate Pat so low?

I guess I can look that up on my own.

Kevin
05-20-2022, 04:29 AM
I'd be curious to know what you think about Pat Mahomes?

He has a rather low grade of PFF?

Also, have they, (PFF) ever given a public explanation as to why they rate Pat so low?

I guess I can look that up on my own.

I've heard a lot of questions (both on Sandbox and in other venues) about why Patrick Mahomes isn't rated higher by PFF. I have no idea, but one possible theory is that he's willing to take risks more than most other quarterbacks. I wonder if that might lead to more judgments that he wasn't successful on a particular play? That's the only thing I can think of.