PDA

View Full Version : Draft Pick Trade Value Chart

PaperLions
03-01-2022, 07:59 AM
https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/article/11-How-does-the-NFL-draft-trade-value-calculator-work

The link above will take you to a site that shows the draft pick trade values in a chart created by Jimmy Johnson, later modified by Bill Belichick. It’s the value chart all NFL teams still use. For those of you looking to trade draft picks, this chart will tell you exactly what the offer needs to be to be fair and acceptable. I got a couple of really rough draft pick trades proposed to me already….this is helpful to present fair draft pick swap type trades. Every NFL team uses these same values.

Thinkinman9306
03-01-2022, 12:34 PM
This link while it may be accurate to account for. 7 rd college player draft. This is not even close to values, when drafting from every active player in the NFL. The gaps are way to wide especially in the first thru third rounds. And with all the talent available through the top 250 players I don’t see how anyone would ever trade picks using this scale. Unless of course you were on the receiving end on a trade that used this scale. I do understand that trade offers for picks could be outrageous at times but I figure it’s better to reject trading draft picks in the first 8-10 rounds.

Kingswood
03-01-2022, 01:44 PM
This link while it may be accurate to account for. 7 rd college player draft. This is not even close to values, when drafting from every active player in the NFL. The gaps are way to wide especially in the first thru third rounds. And with all the talent available through the top 250 players I don’t see how anyone would ever trade picks using this scale. Unless of course you were on the receiving end on a trade that used this scale. I do understand that trade offers for picks could be outrageous at times but I figure it’s better to reject trading draft picks in the first 8-10 rounds.

I completely agree. If this is in reference to the Initial Veteran Draft then it's entirely irrelevant. The disparity in talent is far too great. These are known talents and already the best at what they do. Also, while I agree trade offers should be mutually beneficial, this isn't the NFL. The market determines the value. What I value my pick at could be worth more to someone else. The NFL doesn't determine that.

TheeMasterBolt
03-03-2022, 05:56 AM
It’s in relation to the college draft