PDA

View Full Version : League Season Calendar

Tannhauser
02-12-2022, 01:35 AM
I have teams in Bengals1 and Bills1. My rosters are squared away, but I know that's not the case for everyone.
Any word as to what the calendar is for game planning and the season start?

Chilly
02-12-2022, 03:29 AM
I'm in Bengals1 as well. I believe it is scheduled to open up for gameplanning the week after the Super Bowl and simulations will start 2 weeks after the super bowl.

Chilly
02-12-2022, 03:33 AM
I'm also in Titans1...we are in free agency, but haven't had anyone with an active bid in a couple days. When can we switch to game planning for that league?

Kevin
02-16-2022, 02:37 AM
I'll check on the schedule. I know that we have to get the availability databases set, which happens after the Super Bowl. But I don't know that that impacts game planning.

On the subject of availability, one thing that I'll suggest is to be sure that you've got good position coverage. I had a team last season that had a few games where we were starting three guards and two centers on the offensive line because I thought my tackles were good, but they'd all missed half the season, and apparently it was all the same half. Oof. Also, be sure that you've got your kicker, punter, and long snapper lined up.

smackawits
02-16-2022, 11:03 AM
is a long snapper a must........normal center won't do?

smackawits
02-16-2022, 11:03 AM
Kevin..PLEASE have cd turn on the game planning....PLEASE!

Kevin
02-17-2022, 11:35 PM
Smackawits, you don't have to have a long snapper, but the system will assign the next best player to take over those duties. It might be a player on your roster, or it might be a street free agent.

Honestly, long snappers don't mess up very often, but it's annoying when they do. So I guess it's all about risk tolerance.

Kevin
02-17-2022, 11:37 PM
On the game planning, yeah, yeah. I don't know how those systems interact, so I'll leave it to cdcox to make that call. I apologize, and that's a system improvement to consider in the future. It seems reasonable. But right now the data are being processed to start the season, so I don't think we'll be making that type of coding change immediately.

TheeMasterBolt
02-18-2022, 02:01 AM
If you don’t sign a long snapper, there’s a good chance you get punts blocked. Long snapper is an official NFL position for good reason. You might as well get one or get a game winning field goal snapped high and over the head of the holder

cdcox
02-18-2022, 03:24 AM
Just so everyone knows, when game planning in your league turns on, free agency turns off. For now they are mutually exclusive stages of the game.

Tannhauser
02-19-2022, 03:32 AM
On the subject of availability, one thing that I'll suggest is to be sure that you've got good position coverage.

Vaguely related to this, I have Jimmy GQ at QB who only missed his bye week, but he's backed up by Kyle Trask who was a health scratch (behind Tom Brady) all year. When Jimmy GQ's bye week comes along, how would that theoretically be handled?

Kai
02-19-2022, 07:43 AM
I thought the 'GQ' was a typo till I saw the second one lol.

For your question, pretty sure all you gotta do here is look at your player availability page. It shows Jimmy GQ unavailable for weeks 5 and 16. While Kyle Trask isn't listed as availably at all this year.
My suggestion to you is to drop Kyle Trask and find a QB in free agency who is available to play weeks 5 and 16 or you'll most likely be stuck with a 'street player' for those weeks

TheeMasterBolt
02-25-2022, 12:38 AM
Also, bye weeks don’t affect a players availability. If the player was available during his NFL bye week, he will be available that week for you. It’s not like fantasy rules. It goes off injuries