PDA

View Full Version : Free agency in Cards 1

Cmcm2297
01-31-2024, 03:48 PM
We are at a point where we can sign rookies and resign players and the salary is still wrong teams have more money than they should

JohnMeynardie
01-31-2024, 03:51 PM
This needs to be fixed. Really a deal breaker. It has worked in every other league.

UmmBerrto
01-31-2024, 04:33 PM
This needs to be fixed. Really a deal breaker. It has worked in every other league.

It may not be a logical request.

IDK what it would take other than then going through each roster individually and attempting to calculate what each player would have cost on each team based on the years of their contracts.

53 players on 24 teams.

Even then it would still be a little off based on actual FA contract bidding wars from the first year.

JohnMeynardie
01-31-2024, 09:31 PM
It may not be a logical request.

IDK what it would take other than then going through each roster individually and attempting to calculate what each player would have cost on each team based on the years of their contracts.

53 players on 24 teams.

Even then it would still be a little off based on actual FA contract bidding wars from the first year.

If it can’t be fixed then those of us building for the future by holding on to money got screwed.

Kingswood
01-31-2024, 10:05 PM
If it can’t be fixed then those of us building for the future by holding on to money got screwed.

Idk how screwed anyone is either way. If you saved money you should still have more money than those of us who didn't save. It really should be an easy fix, though. It just requires him to actually fix it. If everyone was adjusted the same way, then we may be able to figure it out through my team. I don't remember exactly what I had left over, but, I don't think I did any FA bidding and I wasn't a part of the rookie draft at all. I'll do some quick contract math and deduct it from our initial salary cap and let you guys know what I find.

Kingswood
01-31-2024, 10:39 PM
I just ran some calculations, and I should've had $33 left over, which sounds about right. $33/2=$16.50+$450=$466.50. $792-$466.50=$325.50. I can't remember if we round up or down (I think it's up), which would mean I received an extra $325. If Cox subtracts $325 from everyone's cap, then we should be solid.

In case you're wondering, I also didn't trade away any players. I only traded for Mack, whose contract I left out of the calculations since Pit paid for it. I also calculated all 1 year signings at $0 since I didn't have any FA signings. If my math isn't mathing then let me know but I think this should be accurate.

JohnMeynardie
01-31-2024, 11:40 PM
I just ran some calculations, and I should've had $33 left over, which sounds about right. $33/2=$16.50+$450=$466.50. $792-$466.50=$325.50. I can't remember if we round up or down (I think it's up), which would mean I received an extra $325. If Cox subtracts $325 from everyone's cap, then we should be solid.

In case you're wondering, I also didn't trade away any players. I only traded for Mack, whose contract I left out of the calculations since Pit paid for it. I also calculated all 1 year signings at $0 since I didn't have any FA signings. If my math isn't mathing then let me know but I think this should be accurate.
That doesn’t work. I had 553, so i should have 726 (276 + 450). I have 857. So more, but … the way we would be screwed is those people with almost nothing should have around 450, a difference of about 275. Instead everyone is around 100 apart. So if you signed longer term deals you have vastly more than you should for free agency. There is a significant advantage to having spent your money last year, which we all would have done if we had known.

Kingswood
02-01-2024, 12:51 AM
That doesn’t work. I had 553, so i should have 726 (276 + 450). I have 857. So more, but … the way we would be screwed is those people with almost nothing should have around 450, a difference of about 275. Instead everyone is around 100 apart. So if you signed longer term deals you have vastly more than you should for free agency. There is a significant advantage to having spent your money last year, which we all would have done if we had known.

Yeah, you're right. If we didn't all get the same amount then it's definitely an issue.

cdcox
02-01-2024, 06:01 AM
Sorry, guys. This is one of my busiest weeks of the year at the real job. I will try to fix on Sat or Sunday. It may entail rolling the game back to just after the rookie draft. Hang tight.

JohnMeynardie
02-01-2024, 02:53 PM
Sorry, guys. This is one of my busiest weeks of the year at the real job. I will try to fix on Sat or Sunday. It may entail rolling the game back to just after the rookie draft. Hang tight.

Thanks CD, we appreciate the update.

College Football Commitee
02-01-2024, 03:08 PM
I save a lot of money , like almost $800 last year for this years rebuild. There where a lot teams that wher under and around $100 left , I would say over half the league . How can we resign vets or rookies if the salaries are not fixed ?

mdboucher
02-12-2024, 08:10 PM
I’m pretty ready to start FA up, how long until that’s likely to happen?

pit1232
02-13-2024, 12:42 AM
I’m pretty ready to start FA up, how long until that’s likely to happen?

I think we are all ready to start FA But I like to know how we are going to run it so we all know what to expect when we get into it. are we going to do it the way it is with a few teams each week or something different that all I like to know.

smackawits
02-13-2024, 01:28 AM
I found the "certain teams, certain weeks" method the best in the other leagues........sure beats the shotgun of letting everyone become available. A number of teams a week lets you do the proper research into the available players.

smackawits
02-13-2024, 01:29 AM
of course, as usual we are begging cdcox for some sort of schedule. I don't know why that is so hard to accomplish. People have commitments, vacations, etc and having a schedule would help tremendously. CD???????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????

Mark
03-04-2024, 04:31 AM
How long does the free agent period last?

Kingswood
03-04-2024, 05:04 PM
Indefinitely.

Mark
03-05-2024, 05:05 PM
Is there any sort of a schedule I can find where it says when things will be happening, like when cutdown would be, when we can start managing the team, all of that?

UmmBerrto
03-05-2024, 05:45 PM
Is there any sort of a schedule I can find where it says when things will be happening, like when cutdown would be, when we can start managing the team, all of that?

Unfortunately, we are at the mercy of the controlling factions

And the schedules that their daily lives allow them.

All we can due is check in daily, and prepare for the next step to take place.

Good news is, we are all in the same boat, together.

Mark
03-06-2024, 03:20 AM
Ok, thanks. Glad to know I am not missing anything then.

Mark
03-09-2024, 06:01 AM
Unfortunately, we are at the mercy of the controlling factions

And the schedules that their daily lives allow them.

All we can due is check in daily, and prepare for the next step to take place.

Good news is, we are all in the same boat, together.

When or how will we know what the league's calendar is? Just to clarify, at some point will we be on the regular schedule that is shown on the help page? There isn't anything to do now but check in every day until something changes?

UmmBerrto
03-09-2024, 06:29 PM
When or how will we know what the league's calendar is? Just to clarify, at some point will we be on the regular schedule that is shown on the help page? There isn't anything to do now but check in every day until something changes?

Patience is the key to this particular "Alternate Reality".

Mark
03-23-2024, 02:06 AM
Nothing seems to be happening here. The sticky as to when any season might occur has not been updated for some time and nothing is happening with the league... according to the league calendar the season should be in progress. I don't wish to continue spending time checking this website daily when there's nothing to do so I am going to return my team to league control. Do hope the rest of you are able to play eventually.

UmmBerrto
03-23-2024, 01:14 PM
Nothing seems to be happening here. The sticky as to when any season might occur has not been updated for some time and nothing is happening with the league... according to the league calendar the season should be in progress. I don't wish to continue spending time checking this website daily when there's nothing to do so I am going to return my team to league control. Do hope the rest of you are able to play eventually.

We all understand how you feel, and we have all voiced this to the owners.

All I can say is basically my interpretation of what their response has been over the years.

ie...

We don't want you to go, but please understand, that this game is designed to play one single season over 365 days, containg more than just games played. Look at us now in the real world, the NFL started FA just last week and already there is nothing much else going on in that process, yet we have several weeks of that nothing as we wait for the draft, at that point it will be months after the draft of not really much for NFL fans to do but speculate while hearing news about camps until the season finally starts.
Months between the draft and week one. Yet we don't leave the fandom of the NFL.

It isn't like other games.

Please be patient and enjoy the game for what it is.

Also, understand, that this game does not contain millions in investment like most other games.

Nor does it contain a giant staff to keep things moving moment to moment.

This game is the love child of a few individuals who, like yourselves, have normal everyday, American lifestyles.

They are doing,what they can as they can to keep there own lives together, at the same time as keeping this alternative reality together for us all who enjoy the sim.

(The best I can do to try and help you see what is)

I left once too, and after a year I chose to return.

When I left I was extremely upset and exhausted at trying to change the current state of this game.

When I returned, I did so, knowing that I must accept the reality of this particular alternate reality sim, so that I can participate and enjoy it fully.

From me to you, please don't go, the game will only get better, with more men sticking around and participating with a positive attitude.

Please reconsider. I believe I can speak for most fellow subscribers when I say, we would be happy to have you.