PDA

View Full Version : New season cleanup

TheeMasterBolt
01-06-2022, 06:02 PM
I know we’re rolling into new drafts and and free agencies in new league but I wanted to check back on expanding stats for leagues we had spoke about a year ago. Defensive stats are lacking. I think there is room to expand there.

Also, I think it would be super beneficial as an owner to see other owners tendencies. Right now, I have to go view their roster and then stats for offensive players to try and guess tendencies. Offensively, this is much easier but defensively it can be very difficult. Being able to see what a teams depth chart looks like could help me adjust my game plan. This could be in the game stats and play-by-play area for instance. Looking back at how depth charts are set up from actual games simulated give me an idea of how an opponent might play me if I go3 WRa to 4 WRs.

Also, I asked if we could remove the 5WR set and replace with 4WR/1TE. 5WR isn’t really a formation used in the NFL.

Lastly, end of year awards and pro bowl rosters would be fun. We have the stats, at least offensively. We can see the player thriving in different offenses and those struggling. It gives a different dynamic. Need a way to judge though. More in depth defensive stats, ways to judge OL (sacks given up/etc). Just need to expand things a bit

Dbillblood
01-06-2022, 10:13 PM
Agree with this completely. No way as is i can tell which of my olinemen are struggling. No way to know who is making the plays on D. No way to know which CB it is exactly who is getting beat most often. Just to many details that could be cleaned up with a little more box score detail

cdcox
01-06-2022, 10:25 PM
I agree that this kind of information would be useful and make the game more engaging. This is on the drawing board, but will will require a major rewrite of the simulation engine. We have some other game development priorities that will come first. Until the simulation engine becomes the top development priority, I can't give a reliable time estimate about when this might be available. Keep the feedback coming though. It is much appreciated.

TheeMasterBolt
01-07-2022, 12:54 AM
Can the 5WR formation be changed or the 4WR/1TE formation be added?
Just a thought and hopefully doesn’t need a complete rewrite of the engine?

Tannhauser
01-07-2022, 03:24 AM
More in depth defensive stats, ways to judge OL (sacks given up/etc). Just need to expand things a bit

Agree with this completely. No way as is i can tell which of my olinemen are struggling. No way to know who is making the plays on D. No way to know which CB it is exactly who is getting beat most often. Just to many details that could be cleaned up with a little more box score detail

Very much agree with these statements. Also understand a lot of work would need to be done to accomplish this. I assume the engine runs on units such as the OL is treated as the total of all the players abilities rather than individuals.