PDA

View Full Version : Sign-up for new "Active" league here

cdcox
08-06-2023, 12:52 AM
Kingswood started a thread desribing a new league for active players. Sign up in this tread, first come, first serve. I will keep the OP updated.

1. Kingswood
2. Cmcm2297
3. tobhardtjr
4. pit1232
5. eaglesphan79
6. JackCarsten
7. Samdarnoldsucks21
8. Rampage965
9. PaperLions
10. Dbillblood
11. Reggy
12. tcavity4566
13. JohnMeynardie
14. DJ’s left nut
15. smackawits
16. Chilly
17. TambaBerry
18. Phog
19. mdboucher
20. College Football Commitee
21. UmmBerrto
22. ddeyarman
23. Kevin
24. Mpawlows

Contingent list

1. JohnMeynardie
2. cdcox

Rampage965
08-06-2023, 01:13 AM
I feel like you could take the top 24 players in challenge play with over 200 matches and move on

PaperLions
08-06-2023, 01:36 AM
I’d like to sign up, too.

cdcox
08-06-2023, 02:08 AM
I feel like you could take the top 24 players in challenge play with over 200 matches and move on

I think we'll have better participation in the league if people have to opt in. Time to participate can vary for some people.

PaperLions
08-06-2023, 02:54 AM
We’re short a few teams in Dolphins1, but I could not have asked for a better league to be in. Most of the teams wanting to play in the new active league are guys I play with in Dolphins1. It’s full of owners that are very knowledgeable, competitive, and have at least have a plan…..some have very short term plans that can be week to week, or long term solutions with adding young promising players and trading for draft picks. If we run out of spaces in the new league, picking up a vacant team in Dolphins1 would be a great plan B if you want to be in an active competitive league, with the extra twist of taking on a rebuilding project among a group of owners that are active and competitive. There may be some other leagues that have open teams in a very similar league situation.

Dbillblood
08-06-2023, 04:50 PM
Ill take one

Reggy
08-07-2023, 12:11 AM
I’d do it.

tcavity4566
08-07-2023, 12:39 PM
I will sign up...

JohnMeynardie
08-07-2023, 07:12 PM
I’m in Dolphins1 and we do have a good core group. I’d be interested in the new league but I sure hope it doesn’t strip the Dolphins1 league, that is, people are adding not switching.

PaperLions
08-08-2023, 12:44 AM
I agree John…. I’m staying and doing both leagues.

JackCarsten
08-08-2023, 01:00 AM
Same her John
Lot of this is have another dolphins1 league and be able to draft after playing game knowing how to draft better and design roster better.

tcavity4566
08-08-2023, 12:28 PM
I want to add that I am in for the new active league however would like to keep the BILLS1 league i am in...

JackCarsten
08-08-2023, 03:24 PM
I want to add that I am in for the new active league however would like to keep the BILLS1 league i am in...

That’s fine point of this is have a league with active teams cause can’t tell you how annoying it gets when your in a division with active teams and are 9-1 tied for 1st and the division with not teams are 4-6 and in first.
And it’s more fun with active teams which is what makes dolphins1 fun. And by the team season for this league starts the other leagues will be in off season mode.

pit1232
08-08-2023, 04:41 PM
I would like to keep all my teams in each of my league that I am in. Hopefully they will all fill up one of these days. But we need a league that want 24 GM that will stay for a few years together to make it more fun. when we all sign up in the first league we thought all of the owner would stay together and not drop out but that did not happen so you could not see how you would do from the first year to when you drop out four or five years down the road. the reason the dolphins 1 league has that many owners is because we all join the league to help out when some one drop there team. but there are a few teams that only have 30 to 40 player on there roster and that is way divison has a losing division. so that is way the player that want this to work is to try and fine 24 players that want to stick together for a few years to help make this one of the best game to play in the years to come. I know there is a lot of thing that need to be work out in the game but the player that are the ones that want to add to the game to make it the very best. so when this new league get started we will all work it out in the long run

JackCarsten
08-08-2023, 05:06 PM
I would like to keep all my teams in each of my league that I am in. Hopefully they will all fill up one of these days. But we need a league that want 24 GM that will stay for a few years together to make it more fun. when we all sign up in the first league we thought all of the owner would stay together and not drop out but that did not happen so you could not see how you would do from the first year to when you drop out four or five years down the road. the reason the dolphins 1 league has that many owners is because we all join the league to help out when some one drop there team. but there are a few teams that only have 30 to 40 player on there roster and that is way divison has a losing division. so that is way the player that want this to work is to try and fine 24 players that want to stick together for a few years to help make this one of the best game to play in the years to come. I know there is a lot of thing that need to be work out in the game but the player that are the ones that want to add to the game to make it the very best. so when this new league get started we will all work it out in the long run

Agree my hope this league will help with the downtime between seasons and itll keep more people engaged. Kingwood and myself were talking about keeping people engaged and felt like this was the best solution. And my plan is to do a facebook chat like last group since we saw how that worked with dolphins1.

pit1232
08-08-2023, 05:46 PM
I agree with that. I like to get 24 players and see if there is any way we can work a draft out to make it fun and have it done in three or four days and built a team from bad to worst with all the team staying together for a few years. plus help cdcox make the game I think he has in his mine and we all work to make it that way. But we need players that are willing to make it work.

JackCarsten
08-08-2023, 06:29 PM
I agree with that. I like to get 24 players and see if there is any way we can work a draft out to make it fun and have it done in three or four days and built a team from bad to worst with all the team staying together for a few years. plus help cdcox make the game I think he has in his mine and we all work to make it that way. But we need players that are willing to make it work.

And the offseason between seasons is where we lost players so I'm hoping this will help eliminate that.

pit1232
08-08-2023, 10:27 PM
And the offseason between seasons is where we lost players so I'm hoping this will help eliminate that.

I know the off season is long and there not much to do but there is free agents that are put up each week to help people stay with the game and you can always try to make trade wth other player but half the time they dont what to do it or they dont like the trade. but only a fourth of them with counter the trade. any way we can keep 24 player to I like that so good luck and I know you are in some of the league I in so good luck

Kingswood
08-08-2023, 10:46 PM
...you can always try to make trade wth other player but half the time they dont what to do it or they dont like the trade. but only a fourth of them with counter the trade...

This is very true. We found that the group chat helps with trades as well

smackawits
08-09-2023, 12:47 PM
This is very true. We found that the group chat helps with trades as well

our league (Bills1) is so ghosted that we have zero trade discussions.....in two years only one coach has sent me a (really bad) trade request. I have sent two WITH NO REPONSE until I figured out over half the league are ghost teams.....

smackawits
08-09-2023, 12:48 PM
I would like to be in the active league also

Kingswood
08-09-2023, 03:24 PM
our league (Bills1) is so ghosted that we have zero trade discussions.....in two years only one coach has sent me a (really bad) trade request. I have sent two WITH NO REPONSE until I figured out over half the league are ghost teams.....

I know what you mean. I think more leagues are like that than not tbh. In Steelers1 there's a 10-0 bot team with only 38 players on their roster. I think a lot of owners dip out waiting for the league to initially start (before the veteran draft) and then a bit more ghosted during the extended off-season.

smackawits
08-09-2023, 05:02 PM
I know what you mean. I think more leagues are like that than not tbh. In Steelers1 there's a 10-0 bot team with only 38 players on their roster. I think a lot of owners dip out waiting for the league to initially start (before the veteran draft) and then a bit more ghosted during the extended off-season.

totally agree

Chilly
08-09-2023, 05:06 PM
I will play

JackCarsten
08-09-2023, 10:49 PM
Cdcox Kevin
Any interest in being teams 17 and 18

cdcox
08-10-2023, 02:50 AM
I'm definitely tempted, but not sure I have the time to do a draft at the moment. I end up spending about 2 hours a day populating my draft board. It would be fun for sure.

smackawits
08-10-2023, 11:12 AM
I'm definitely tempted, but not sure I have the time to do a draft at the moment. I end up spending about 2 hours a day populating my draft board. It would be fun for sure.

Is there a way one of us could help that process?

Kingswood
08-10-2023, 06:21 PM

What if the league started after the SB season so we're preparing for the '23 season? We could throw the rookies in with the initial draft and ride out FA until the next SB season starts. I'm sure you're not the only one who doesn't necessarily have time for a draft right now so maybe that could alleviate the time constriction and help fill out the rest of the league for some other owners

Phog
08-10-2023, 09:21 PM
I'll give it a go. Also, I believe tambaberry replied in the CP forum thread. You'll need to confirm this.

Edit: I would also like to remain in my current leagues. Thanks!

eaglesphan79
08-10-2023, 10:01 PM
So, what do we expect the timing of this to be?

1. We draft soon, and squeeze a season in with 2022 performance, during the 2023 NFL season.

2. We draft soon, but looking ahead to the 2023 Sandbox season (which would be different, because we'd be drafting players not knowing their 2023 performance yet)

3. We wait until after the NFL season, and then draft based on 2023 performance.

smackawits
08-10-2023, 10:45 PM

1. We draft soon, and squeeze a season in with 2022 performance, during the 2023 NFL season.

2. We draft soon, but looking ahead to the 2023 Sandbox season (which would be different, because we'd be drafting players not knowing their 2023 performance yet)

3. We wait until after the NFL season, and then draft based on 2023 performance.

I don't think we have a go on this yet

JackCarsten
08-10-2023, 11:32 PM

My guess is it’ll 2022 season unless majority want to wait until 2023. My thinking was have 2022 season in off season of other leagues so it’ll be caught up with other leagues by time 2023 starts and keeps everyone engaged between seasons. Biggest thing is find 6 more teams.

pit1232
08-11-2023, 12:30 AM
What ever we do I am in.

JohnMeynardie
08-11-2023, 09:14 PM
I’ll join if we’re starting January or February, based on ‘23 season. I don’t have the time till then.

PaperLions
08-14-2023, 10:54 PM
I’ve been pushing my brother to play Sandbox…..I’d say it’s 50/50 if he’d play with a chance to draft a team from the ground floor. Can I add him to contingent list here? His chances of playing Sandbox by taking over a team are close to zero.

JackCarsten
08-18-2023, 03:29 PM
Giving this a Bump hoping we can find the remaining 5 to 6 teams. Ummberto said he was interested in private message. Anybody else. With the other leagues seasons nearing complete this will give you something to do in the off season.

smackawits
08-18-2023, 06:17 PM
Giving this a Bump hoping we can find the remaining 5 to 6 teams. Ummberto said he was interested in private message. Anybody else. With the other leagues seasons nearing complete this will give you something to do in the off season.

I would prefer umberto stay retired

Wind From West
08-18-2023, 09:23 PM
I would prefer umberto stay retired

I thought about it. But hes the definition of piece of ****. I'm trying to eliminate drama in my life so I'll watch y'all bitch about the sim from the corner, lol.

mdboucher
08-18-2023, 10:35 PM
I'd like to join it

JackCarsten
08-18-2023, 10:36 PM
I thought about it. But hes the definition of piece of ****. I'm trying to eliminate drama in my life so I'll watch y'all bitch about the sim from the corner, lol.

We can probably do it without him if we just found the teams interested in joining.

Kingswood
08-18-2023, 11:08 PM
He's already back from what I've seen and he's a good GM. I'd rather it be as competitive as possible

Wind From West
08-19-2023, 07:26 PM
He's already back from what I've seen and he's a good GM. I'd rather it be as competitive as possible

Knock yourself out.

The only urrabumterd I can handle is a muted one. Apparently his disdain is accepted nowadays? Ive been gone for a while, its the reason I wont join this league cause I can't commit 100%.
F the terd and anyone else who thinks hes a quality person.

So much, "Im taking my toys and going home if I don't get my way." happening last time here. Didn't know who was still active, lol.

College Football Commitee
08-31-2023, 01:53 AM
College football committee is in , send us the link

pit1232
08-31-2023, 04:51 PM
dose any one know what is going on with this new league it been some time now just asking because I looking for it.

Kingswood
08-31-2023, 07:59 PM
dose any one know what is going on with this new league it been some time now just asking because I looking for it.

I think they might either be waiting for the league to fill entirely or for the current season to finish. Either way I'm hoping it kicks off next week. 20/24 is better than any of the other current leagues and having a full offseason for the draft and FA would be ideal

mdboucher
08-31-2023, 08:14 PM
I want to sign up for it

PaperLions
09-01-2023, 01:44 AM
I’ve got a cousin that would like to play too. I’ll vouch for him being active. He’s working non stop in my fantasy league for the last 8 years.

JackCarsten
09-01-2023, 07:55 PM
Paperlions cousin makes 19 I guess have him sign up and send his info to Cdcox
Md Boucher makes 20
College football committee makes 21
If umberto is in like he messaged me few weeks back that’s 22 if not wind from west hint hint hint
Kevin and cd cox would make 24 hint hint hint

PaperLions
09-01-2023, 10:54 PM
Thanks Jack. He’s stopping by Saturday afternoon - he’s very interested but he wants to see the weekly process of setting a gameplan, etc I’ll still pressure my brother join too. He was interested then he just put it on the back burner. My cousin, Matt Pawlowski, and my brother, Brian Pawlowski…..there won’t be any shady deals or bad lineups that will create any concern that would taint any league wide competition involving the three of us. No one has mentioned it, but I wanted to still put the spotlight on that…..this Sandbox stuff is hard to win, and we won’t do anything shady to make it any more difficult for the entire league.

JackCarsten
09-01-2023, 11:01 PM
Thanks Jack. He’s stopping by Saturday afternoon - he’s very interested but he wants to see the weekly process of setting a gameplan, etc I’ll still pressure my brother join too. He was interested then he just put it on the back burner. My cousin, Matt Pawlowski, and my brother, Brian Pawlowski…..there won’t be any shady deals or bad lineups that will create any concern that would taint any league wide competition involving the three of us. No one has mentioned it, but I wanted to still put the spotlight on that…..this Sandbox stuff is hard to win, and we won’t do anything shady to make it any more difficult for the entire league.

I get it my cousin plays with me and he makes it harder on me making trades cause he knows when I’m bluffing etc and what players I will overpay for. If you could get them signed up that would fill this league up perfectly cause not sure Kevin cd cox Kevin umberto are interested or not.

PaperLions
09-02-2023, 08:19 PM
Thanks Jack. I’m working hard on it!

UmmBerrto
09-02-2023, 10:25 PM
Paperlions cousin makes 19 I guess have him sign up and send his info to Cdcox
Md Boucher makes 20
College football committee makes 21
If umberto is in like he messaged me few weeks back that’s 22 if not wind from west hint hint hint
Kevin and cd cox would make 24 hint hint hint

Yeah, I'm interested.

I'd also be interested in a SandBox Bowl Champions League.

JackCarsten
09-03-2023, 01:37 AM
Yeah, I'm interested.

I'd also be interested in a SandBox Bowl Champions League.

Having trouble finding 24 active teams for an active team league so a champions league would be harder.

UmmBerrto
09-03-2023, 01:51 AM
Having trouble finding 24 active teams for an active team league so a champions league would be harder.

one day, perhaps

ddeyarman
09-04-2023, 03:02 PM
I am in, please

JackCarsten
09-04-2023, 04:05 PM
Ok 17/18 teams pending on JohnMeynardie being firm on his will only do it if it starts with 2023 season.
Umberto ddeyarman MdBoucher college football committee gives us 4 more so 21/22 teams. It’ll depend on Cdcox and Kevin or paperlions getting the teams to join. Almost there boys.

cdcox
09-04-2023, 05:35 PM
We're filled. If someone wants my spot, I would give it up. I could use the time I will put into the active league to make improvements.

cdcox
09-04-2023, 05:42 PM
I'm going to get the rookie draft going in all of the other leagues really soon, like maybe starting next weekend.

After the rookie drafts are over, I'll launch the active league. The schedule in the Active League will be draft veterans, draft 2022 rookies, short free agency, then simulate using 2022 data, all during the NFL 2023 season. Then we'll draft 2023 rookies and have a short free agency before simulating the 2023 season along with all the other leagues.

i have not yet figured out the mechanics to sign everyone up, so hold tight on that.

JackCarsten
09-04-2023, 06:02 PM
We're filled. If someone wants my spot, I would give it up. I could use the time I will put into the active league to make improvements.

Hopefully by time draft starts we can find someone to take your spot if you rather work on improving sandbox.

PaperLions
09-13-2023, 06:44 AM
I got my Cousin, Matt to signup and create his account on Sandbox. If we have room, how does he get into an open spot in the league? His email he used to signup with is: Matthew Pawlowski <matthew.edward.pawlowski@gmail.com>

He’s never played SandBox before but I’ve played Fantasy football in a league with him for 12 seasons. I’ll vouch for him being an active owner according to the way we define an active owner for this league.

JackCarsten
09-13-2023, 02:07 PM
I got my Cousin, Matt to signup and create his account on Sandbox. If we have room, how does he get into an open spot in the league? His email he used to signup with is: Matthew Pawlowski <matthew.edward.pawlowski@gmail.com>

He’s never played SandBox before but I’ve played Fantasy football in a league with him for 12 seasons. I’ll vouch for him being an active owner according to the way we define an active owner for this league.

I'm guessing he can take CDCox or Kevin spot. If everyone can confirm they still want to be in the active league just so nobody has gone offline since they said they'd be in.

tcavity4566
09-13-2023, 03:04 PM
Did this new active league start? I am confused...

JackCarsten
09-13-2023, 04:38 PM
Did this new active league start? I am confused...

No it hasn't started yet. PaperLions was asking about getting his cousin signed up for it and if there would be a spot for him. I told him we most likely would have a spot. And then I asked that everyone confirm they're still interested just to make sure nobody has gone inactive. Guessing the active league will be after the rookie draft or once free agency starts. CDCOX said he had to figure out the coding to make it work.

PaperLions
09-13-2023, 04:56 PM
I’m confirming my team in this league that I still want to be a part of it. My cousin Matt Pawlowski, his SB login name is Mpawlows and I’d like to confirm him, if he has a spot. He’s new but he’ll be active…I’ll vouch for that. I send him my weekly play by plays and Box Scores of my games and he goes thru it one play at a time. So he has strong interest. He’s the most active owner in my Yahoo FF league for over a decade.

JackCarsten
09-13-2023, 05:54 PM
I’m confirming my team in this league that I still want to be a part of it. My cousin Matt Pawlowski, his SB login name is Mpawlows and I’d like to confirm him, if he has a spot. He’s new but he’ll be active…I’ll vouch for that. I send him my weekly play by plays and Box Scores of my games and he goes thru it one play at a time. So he has strong interest. He’s the most active owner in my Yahoo FF league for over a decade.

There’ll be spot for both of you don’t worry.

cdcox
09-13-2023, 06:40 PM
Yes, I need to do some major rework of the simulator in the next several months so I won’t have time to draft a new league. Matt can have my slot.

PaperLions
09-13-2023, 09:33 PM
Thank you Jack and Cdcox. Matt has a login now, what should he do next, to create his team name and signup for this active league?

JackCarsten
09-13-2023, 11:52 PM
Thank you Jack and Cdcox. Matt has a login now, what should he do next, to create his team name and signup for this active league?

Once Cdcox has new league set up he’ll create the team. Until then I’d say wait.

JackCarsten
09-14-2023, 12:01 AM
But Cdcox let us know updates when you have them.

cdcox
09-14-2023, 03:28 AM
I will need to figure out how to allow people to sign up for an exclusive league leveraging current infrastructure. It will take some coding. I will dig into it after I get free agency going.

PaperLions
09-15-2023, 05:29 PM
Thank you, Jack.

College Football Commitee
09-15-2023, 05:54 PM
has the "active" league been started? I do not have any additional team listed under my teams"

Kingswood
09-15-2023, 11:24 PM
has the "active" league been started? I do not have any additional team listed under my teams"

No it hasn't...

UmmBerrto
09-21-2023, 05:20 PM
I've been trying to figure out how it is, that it seems that there are no more than three dozen active members

and yet there are several posts that get thousands of views?

How does that work?

Are there dozens of people who visit these pages but don't play the game?

ddeyarman
09-22-2023, 02:49 PM
Does anyone know when the initial draft for the new league will be?

JackCarsten
09-24-2023, 05:14 PM
Does anyone know when the initial draft for the new league will be?

Cdcox said after free agent starts he’s trying to figure out coding for new league

cdcox
09-25-2023, 03:07 AM
I hope to make the code changes to allow people to form their teams in the active league on next Saturday. Instructions will be provided in a separate thread. Only the people listed in the OP will have ability to sign up. Hopefully people sign up quickly to fill the league, so the initial player acquisition draft can begin. If the league doesn't fill in a week or so, we'll start looking for replacements.

UmmBerrto
09-25-2023, 03:37 AM
I hope to make the code changes to allow people to form their teams in the active league on next Saturday. Instructions will be provided in a separate thread. Only the people listed in the OP will have ability to sign up. Hopefully people sign up quickly to fill the league, so the initial player acquisition draft can begin. If the league doesn't fill in a week or so, we'll start looking for replacements.

Sounds Great,

Looking forward with great anticipation.

PaperLions
09-25-2023, 06:12 AM

I just wanted to be sure my cousin, Matt Pawlowski has a team in the league. I posted his info earlier in this thread, and he has got an account on Sandbox that he set up. He’s never played Sandbox before but I’ll vouch for him being an active owner in Sandbox, as I’ve played with him for 18 years in Fantasy Football and he’s been the league leader in waiver transactions and trades.

JackCarsten
09-25-2023, 01:44 PM
I just wanted to be sure my cousin, Matt Pawlowski has a team in the league. I posted his info earlier in this thread, and he has got an account on Sandbox that he set up. He’s never played Sandbox before but I’ll vouch for him being an active owner in Sandbox, as I’ve played with him for 18 years in Fantasy Football and he’s been the league leader in waiver transactions and trades.

Yes hes good to go.

JackCarsten
09-25-2023, 02:17 PM
Can everyone on the list just confirm they are in. Just so they’re no surprises and a rush to find new teams.
Ummberto paperlions myself paperlions cousin ddeyerman kingswood college football committee I know are confirmed based on participation in thread.

pit1232
09-25-2023, 02:45 PM
I am in and just waiting to see what next

Dbillblood
09-25-2023, 10:06 PM
im here. just dont need any sneak attack starts

Phog
09-25-2023, 10:31 PM
In for the new league

Samdarnoldsucks21
09-26-2023, 07:22 AM
im in for the league

Reggy
09-26-2023, 02:45 PM
I'm still in

mdboucher
09-26-2023, 03:59 PM
in for it, thanks

Longhorns#1
09-26-2023, 04:27 PM
im in if you need someone

Cmcm2297
09-26-2023, 06:39 PM
I'm still in

PaperLions
09-26-2023, 08:52 PM
I’m in, and my cousin Matt (listed at #24 on the updated list) is in for sure, as well.

JackCarsten
09-26-2023, 11:03 PM
im in if you need someone

great to hear from you and Hookem horns. I’m sure there’ll be a spot open for you.
Cdcox will you see if Kevin is interested in active league still if not
JohnMeynardie Are you a no for league if it’s 2022 season then 2023 as you said previously.

Rampage965
09-29-2023, 03:26 AM
Still in on this

Reggy
10-04-2023, 02:19 AM

tcavity4566
10-04-2023, 01:18 PM
Im in fo the league

tcavity4566
10-04-2023, 03:06 PM
How do you sign up?

Cmcm2297
10-04-2023, 03:38 PM
It explains it in the other thread you just have to go to create new team

JackCarsten
10-08-2023, 12:08 AM
Longhorns#1 hasn’t responded anybody else interested?

tcavity4566
10-08-2023, 05:16 PM
I'm signed up

CincyDan
10-08-2023, 07:43 PM
I'm signed up and ready to go!

smackawits
10-10-2023, 10:09 PM
I got my passel of **** ass players...15/28 not on a roster in 2023........2/28 players did not play in 2022.....so 61% of my players are dead already. Only 14/28 played any significant time in 2022. This is exactly why I wanted to draft ALL players instead of hustling for 51 players (yes, I might be able to keep 2 for 2023) in free agency. I am 90% sure I will not go thru this again. Gaylord Snowbirds might be up for new ownership tomorrow. This was even worse than the first time I went thru this....I only had to hustle for 48 free agents with that team.

JackCarsten
10-10-2023, 10:53 PM
I got my passel of **** ass players...15/28 not on a roster in 2023........2/28 players did not play in 2022.....so 61% of my players are dead already. Only 14/28 played any significant time in 2022. This is exactly why I wanted to draft ALL players instead of hustling for 51 players (yes, I might be able to keep 2 for 2023) in free agency. I am 90% sure I will not go thru this again. Gaylord Snowbirds might be up for new ownership tomorrow. This was even worse than the first time I went thru this....I only had to hustle for 48 free agents with that team.

Way I see it veteran players are depth players. You get the key players in veteran draft. Flip the players for other veterans or draft picks. I’ve traded 2 players I believe already for players I wanted.

CincyDan
10-11-2023, 12:02 AM

I'm a little confused. We're each drafting 25 players. Even if you threw back all of the players you were initially assigned, you're only "hustling" for 28 more undrafted players to fill out your 53 man roster. And that doesn't even take into account the seven rounds we'll be drafting immediately following the initial draft, bringing that total down to 21 if you keep each player you draft. I agree that I wish we were drafting more players, but i'm unclear on where the 51 figure mentioned above comes from.

JackCarsten
10-11-2023, 12:09 AM
I'm a little confused. We're each drafting 25 players. Even if you threw back all of the players you were initially assigned, you're only "hustling" for 28 more undrafted players to fill out your 53 man roster. And that doesn't even take into account the seven rounds we'll be drafting immediately following the initial draft, bringing that total down to 21 if you keep each player you draft. I agree that I wish we were drafting more players, but i'm unclear on where the 51 figure mentioned above comes from.

Idea is 25 players veterans draft and 28 randomly assigned which makes a full roster then you have free agency so you can cut add and release players as needed. 51 figure was just exaggerated from venting. I get being upset about the random veterans but best way to do something about is make trades.

cdcox
10-11-2023, 12:40 AM
Ah crap. I spent a good deal of time curating the player database for 2023, forgetting that this league was starting in 2022. If people want me to, I can update the 2022 database and re-do the autoassignment, keeping the draft order the same. If I did this, all the autodrafted players would have been active in 2022. Sorry for this screw up. Let me know if you want me to fix it. I could do this on Saturday, while keeping the beginning of the draft the same.

Kingswood
10-11-2023, 12:42 AM

I feel your pain man. There's not a single player on my initial roster that should be on anyone's Sandbox team. A 53 round draft would've been far better, especially since everyone is active.

Reggy
10-11-2023, 12:47 AM
I’d be good with either drafting from scratch or re-doing the auto assign

JackCarsten
10-11-2023, 12:50 AM
Cdcox could you do a 53 round draft if it was for 2023 season?
I’m ok redoing autoassign given Jordan Davis, dj reader, tj watt were auto assigned.
Could you keep the trades that were done or would they all be reversed?
Would my draft board be erased?

mdboucher
10-11-2023, 12:53 AM
I would vote for redoing the players to the 2022 database.
I'd also vote for zero assigned players, just draft the whole league. Either 53rd draft or keep a shorter draft and acquire whoever isn't drafted as free agents to fill your roster. The presence of some probowl level players and some young talent in the assigned pool just starts things out lopsided

UmmBerrto
10-11-2023, 12:57 AM
Why are so many people so upset about playing a game that we all have played before?

You knew what to expect.

Why can't you just enjoy playing the game?

I understand the frustration of the newbies.

When I was a newbie, I was frustrated.

However, when I came back, I signed up for what is here.

I came to play this game the way it is.

Why can you not be grateful to play the game the way it is?

There are still things that I don't like about the game.

However, I understand that those things are not going to change anytime soon.

Why can't you just be in appreciation for what is?

Kingswood
10-11-2023, 01:00 AM
I’m ok redoing autoassign given Jordan Davis, dj reader, tj watt were auto assigned.

I was wondering about the trades too. Either way though I'd prefer to walk it back. If the full draft is at all an option then that would be preferable too.

JackCarsten
10-11-2023, 01:00 AM
Why are so many people so upset about playing a game that we all have played before?

You knew what to expect.

Biggest frustration for some was players like tj watt, dj reader, Davonte Wyatt, jordan Davis, rashan Gary, being automatically assigned. But I agree best thing to do is enjoy the game.

Kingswood
10-11-2023, 01:03 AM

You knew what to expect.

So nobody can offer an opinion or state a preference? How dumb is that? Nothing would ever get better. "Thank you sir may I have another" is no way to go through life.

JackCarsten
10-11-2023, 01:06 AM
Anyway active league-
https://m.facebook.com/groups/1533517760732906/
Cardinals1 Sandbox Football is group name
We also have a Facebook chat going so easiest way to stay in contact for trades

UmmBerrto
10-11-2023, 01:08 AM
Biggest frustration for some was players like tj watt, dj reader, Davonte Wyatt, jordan Davis, rashan Gary, being automatically assigned. But I agree best thing to do is enjoy the game.

Well, that is life, sometimes you get a cookie with your name on it and sometimes you don't even get Jello.

Eat the sandwich and drink the juice.

Get to work and build your team and enjoy the game.

I didn't get any of those guys, and I don't care if one guy got them all.

I can still come out the SandBox Simulation Champion of the first ever all active league, Cardinals1.

I dare anyone to stop me.

!!!!GO CHICAGO OILMEN GO!!!!!

CincyDan
10-11-2023, 01:11 AM
Ah crap. I spent a good deal of time curating the player database for 2023, forgetting that this league was starting in 2022. If people want me to, I can update the 2022 database and re-do the autoassignment, keeping the draft order the same. If I did this, all the autodrafted players would have been active in 2022. Sorry for this screw up. Let me know if you want me to fix it. I could do this on Saturday, while keeping the beginning of the draft the same.

cdcox, would that mean then that the auto-assigned players would be those who didn't play that much in 2021 (due to either injury or general suckage), since in this current iteration the good players who were auto assigned were injured for a chunk of 2022?

cdcox
10-11-2023, 01:12 AM

I can probably make it a 53 round draft. The draft will take longer and gets really dull at the end (we tested this back in the day and a lot of people lost interest).

If any players have been traded, that could be a problem for keeping trades in place.

I can keep draft boards in place.

JackCarsten
10-11-2023, 01:19 AM
Thanks Cdcox. I vote for redoing 2022 auto assigned players. Agree 53 round draft would be dragged out too long.

Kingswood
10-11-2023, 01:19 AM
Well, that is life, sometimes you get a cookie with your name on it and sometimes you don't even get Jello.

Eat the sandwich and drink the juice.

Get to work and build your team and enjoy the game.

I didn't get any of those guys, and I don't care if one guy got them all.

I can still come out the SandBox Simulation Champion of the first ever all active league, Cardinals1.

I dare anyone to stop me.

!!!!GO CHICAGO OILMEN GO!!!!!

... I don't even like cookies or jello. I buy the food I want to eat. I don't follow your metaphor. Either way I'm going to enjoy the game and either way I'm going to win the SB Championship. I don't see the problem with people voicing their opinions. Cox is going to be spending a lot of time upgrading the sim right? So changes will be made in the future. If the game is still in development it's actually beneficial to give feedback. Granted, some of us might get a little too whiny (ok me, sorry) but that doesn't mean that everything shouldn't at the very least be taken into consideration.

JackCarsten
10-11-2023, 01:20 AM
cdcox, would that mean then that the auto-assigned players would be those who didn't play that much in 2021 (due to either injury or general suckage), since in this current iteration the good players who were auto assigned were injured for a chunk of 2022?

Yes that’s correct

JohnMeynardie
10-11-2023, 01:20 AM
I would prefer 53, but I'm a nerd for figuring out the 53rd man on my roster. Barring that, a redo is in order.

JohnMeynardie
10-11-2023, 01:22 AM
redo please, though preference is 53 person draft. It would lengthen the time but shorten the post draft free agency I would think.

JackCarsten
10-11-2023, 01:26 AM
I would prefer 53, but I'm a nerd for figuring out the 53rd man on my roster. Barring that, a redo is in order.

Same part of me wants to try the 53 round draft just for the fun of it.

UmmBerrto
10-11-2023, 01:26 AM
I can probably make it a 53 round draft. The draft will take longer and gets really dull at the end (we tested this back in the day and a lot of people lost interest).

If any players have been traded, that could be a problem for keeping trades in place.

I can keep draft boards in place.

People only know what they have seen.

They believe change is better and needed.

If you can give them what they want, a 53 man draft, statistics suggest you should give it to them.

Your wisdom and experience is not inside their heads.

They are full of their own opinions.

Give them cake, if they get sick from eating too much, they will learn.

Building a community is a process full of give and take.

Or perhaps a 40-45-man draft with an empty roster to start and everyone can bid in Free Agency for the other 9-14 players.

But again, how much coding would this take?

How long of a setback?

I just want to play before guys throw tantrums, call each other names and leave the league.

JackCarsten
10-11-2023, 01:27 AM

If you can give them what they want, a 53 man draft, statistics suggest you should give it to them.

Or perhaps a 40-45-man draft with an empty roster to start and everyone can bid in Free Agency for the other 9-14 players.

How long of a setback?

I just want to play before guys throw tantrums, call each other names and leave the league.

Wow I actually agree with umberto

Reggy
10-11-2023, 01:28 AM
My thinking was that since we’re all longtime players committed to a full league, 53 rounds would more doable than if you had a bunch of bots, but again, I will roll with the punches.

JackCarsten
10-11-2023, 01:31 AM
Once again the Facebook group is
Cardinals1 Sandbox Football
https://m.facebook.com/groups/1533517760732906/

UmmBerrto
10-11-2023, 01:33 AM
... I don't even like cookies or jello. I buy the food I want to eat. I don't follow your metaphor. Either way I'm going to enjoy the game and either way I'm going to win the SB Championship. I don't see the problem with people voicing their opinions. Cox is going to be spending a lot of time upgrading the sim right? So changes will be made in the future. If the game is still in development it's actually beneficial to give feedback. Granted, some of us might get a little too whiny (ok me, sorry) but that doesn't mean that everything shouldn't at the very least be taken into consideration.

You are in the Lunar, and I am in the Solar.

Perhaps it is a good chance we will meet in the Championship.

I look forward to reading each line.

Kingswood
10-11-2023, 01:38 AM

How long of a setback?

Someone else had mentioned a similar idea in the FB chat. We're already on a tight schedule so if the 53rd draft will take too long and most people are unhappy with random crap players, just drop the initial roster and add them to the draft pool. 25rds is enough to get our core offense and defense together and that will leave a good amount of players in the FA. That way everything is fair for everyone and we can eat our happy meals.
I also agree that if it is a setback in any way that we should leave everything as is and move forward. As previously mentioned, we're on a tight schedule as is.

Kingswood
10-11-2023, 01:39 AM
You are in the Lunar, and I am in the Solar.

Perhaps it is a good chance we will meet in the Championship.

I look forward to reading each line.

I'll see you there

CincyDan
10-11-2023, 01:50 AM
I agree with keeping draft order and draft boards in place, as well as with redoing the auto-assigning.

I would vote for a 53 round draft, or alternatively 45 for times sake if needed as a compromise. Between the auto-assigned players and the rookie draft we can find 8 solid players to add to the back end of our rosters. Losing those final eight rounds would save us 96 hours which equates to four days if each team took 30 minutes on average to make each of their later round picks, which is quite possible with some teams likely taking the full hour if they grow bored in the last few rounds and aren't as on top of it as in earlier rounds.

Given that the auto-assigned players are being re-done, I would suggest that any trades involving players be undone, but any trades solely involving draft picks remain so that the efforts expended in trade negotiations for those teams aren't wasted.

smackawits
10-11-2023, 01:02 PM
.......I am on hold awaiting decisions.....I believe that a 53 man draft can be done in a timely manner if all are participating (completing their draft list and putting it on auto).....I would also suggest that the rookies be included in the player pool during the initial draft....why have two drafts? Someone had the suggestion that the draft be a lower amount of players selected (40'sh) and the rosters fleshed out in free agency. That would keep me in the league also. I have great respect for all that are participating. I have seen many great ideas floated, for the draft and for the game. If I was anywhere in my lifespan under 60 years of age, I would have rolled with the original **** players. I am in my mid 70's.....not a great age to start with **** players trying to win football games. At the same time, the game cannot be run on my life-span, so if I must abandon this project for the betterment of the league, I am willing to do that also.

smackawits
10-11-2023, 01:49 PM
It appears that DeAndre Hopkins (WR) has been left off the draft list.

JackCarsten
10-11-2023, 02:07 PM
.......I am on hold awaiting decisions.....I believe that a 53 man draft can be done in a timely manner if all are participating (completing their draft list and putting it on auto).....I would also suggest that the rookies be included in the player pool during the initial draft....why have two drafts? Someone had the suggestion that the draft be a lower amount of players selected (40'sh) and the rosters fleshed out in free agency. That would keep me in the league also. I have great respect for all that are participating. I have seen many great ideas floated, for the draft and for the game. If I was anywhere in my lifespan under 60 years of age, I would have rolled with the original **** players. I am in my mid 70's.....not a great age to start with **** players trying to win football games. At the same time, the game cannot be run on my life-span, so if I must abandon this project for the betterment of the league, I am willing to do that also.

Understood I'd say be patient and let CDCOX do his work I'm sure Hopkins, Watson will be in draft pool if not they'll be in free agency or another way to get them.
Other thread draft will be 53 rounds which you requested and 45 minutes a pick and will go to 30 minutes if it's going good.
Its an active league so my request is make the effort and don't just give up so quickly cause I really think this league will help solve lot of issues.