PDA

View Full Version : Feature Request List

eaglesphan79
07-23-2023, 11:35 PM
Just starting this thread, to centralize all the suggestions for the game...so that we don't have to keep opening new threads.

Here's two that I previously posted:

1. Add a 4WR/1TE formation - Currently the only empty backfield formation is 5WR, but some teams with a stud TE may not want to take him off the field in that situation.

2. Lineups in Play-by-play - At the beginning of the play-by-play file, just print out the Offensive & Defensive lineups (including like RDE2, LDE2, nickle corner, etc) for each team.

eaglesphan79
07-23-2023, 11:49 PM
Here's a new suggestion.

I think there has to be some better control on RBs, with that 300 carry threshold around.

For example, in one of my games, my team was up 35 points with 4 mins left in Q3. From that point on, in what I assume was a "run out the clock" offense, Derrick Henry rushed 10 times. Pretty much meaningless from a game-play standpoint, but very meaningful if you're trying to avoid the 300 carry threshold. (I know this a real champagne problem).

Right now, we can basically split carried between RB1/RB2/RB3/FB. But this doesn't account for game situation. When the game is close, I want Henry getting a large percentage. But when the game is out of hand (winning or losing), I don't want to waste Henry's carries.

My suggestion is there should be essentially a "garbage time" setting.

Maybe keep the current RB distribution as the "base distribution"

Then have a configurable garbage time(s) settings. So maybe the config screen would be something like this:

Base
HB2 20%
HB3 10%
FB 5%

Up by <21> in Q3 (the "<#>" would be configurable by the owner)
HB2 30%
HB3 20%
FB 5%

Up by <17> in Q4
HB2 40%
HB3 20%
FB 10%

Losing by <21> in Q3
HB2 30%
HB3 10%
FB 5%

Losing by <17> in Q4
HB2 300%
HB3 20%
FB 5%

Not sure the exact details...could also do it time based, rather than quarter based

JackCarsten
07-24-2023, 07:46 PM
See which lineman is giving up the sack or what DB is giving up the pass.

Kingswood
07-24-2023, 08:19 PM
I've been thinking of some type of adjustment tuner. For example if my team has been shutdown running the ball out of the 2TE set after a certain amount of attempts then it would either increase passing from that formation, or run more from a different formation.

eaglesphan79
07-25-2023, 02:31 PM
One of the big dials the real life coaches can and do adjust in the NFL is their aggressiveness on 4th down.

Would be good to have some sort of config settings in the game plan so you can adjust how aggressive your team is in terms of punting or going for it on 4th down. Maybe settings based on field location, yards to go, and score.

JackCarsten
07-25-2023, 02:55 PM
One of the big dials the real life coaches can and do adjust in the NFL is their aggressiveness on 4th down.

Would be good to have some sort of config settings in the game plan so you can adjust how aggressive your team is in terms of punting or going for it on 4th down. Maybe settings based on field location, yards to go, and score.

I private messaged CDCOX about this because one of my games my team punted rather then try a 58 yard field goal with Justin Tucker. It worked out cause ball was downed at 2, but in reality I would have attempted the field goal.

pit1232
07-25-2023, 11:23 PM
Like to see more game statics for each defensive players Example total tackles solo ast. sack Int FF FR Just like what the USA news paper dose for the NFL game summary in there paper.

Would like to a lineup for run plays and for passing plays in each offensive and defense in each game package

liike to see a 3TE formations just like the NFL when they use it on first and second or third downs in the game not just short yardage

like to see a offence package 3TE were it look like this 1RB 3TE and 1WR

some kind of salary cap Bonus to be add to the game

On Ex points we have the option to go for the 2pt, convesion or the 1 ex point in the game some how

pit1232
07-28-2023, 10:45 PM
see we still have a problem with SFA maybe we could have a reserve roster just like the NFL so we don't need the SFA in the game I know there was talk about some time last year so meybe we sould think about again. when it time to cut the roster to 53 we would cut down to 65 player 3 or 4 weeks before the season so if there was any one we would like to add or cut that would be a good time to do that.

Injury list of 5 players so we can keep him on are roster and so if we draft a player that get hurt in person we will be able to pick a player up so we don't have to use a SFA in the season

JackCarsten
07-29-2023, 07:41 PM
Being able to cut players in off season to gain salary cap money. Like get half remaining salary back.

pit1232
07-30-2023, 12:15 AM
Being able to cut players in off season to gain salary cap money. Like get half remaining salary back.

That a good idea I like that see the NFL can do that a safe cap money

Phog
08-01-2023, 12:42 AM
I would like an option to pick when I want to go for 2 points, or not to go for 2 points.

pit1232
08-01-2023, 03:44 PM
on running play would like to know who is running the ball in that play is it the HB or FB that is the ball carrier on that play

eaglesphan79
08-02-2023, 02:51 AM
2 UI suggestions...

1. League Schedule Improvements

Add the score to the league schedule page, after games are completed.

Currently looks like this:

Rochester Rhinos at Miami Dolphins box score play by play
Milwaukee Gaslighters at Lutz 86ers box score play by play
Indianapolis Immortals at Massillon Tigers box score play by play
King Of Prussia Maulers at Princeton Tiger Sharks box score play by play

Consider changing to this

Rochester Rhinos 28 at Miami Dolphins 14, box score play by play
Milwaukee Gaslighters 17 at Lutz 86ers 35, box score play by play
Indianapolis Immortals 10 at Massillon Tigers 21, box score play by play
King Of Prussia Maulers 30 at Princeton Tiger Sharks 28, box score play by play

Or something like that. In any case, now you can tell who won each game without having to go into each individual box score.

2. Team Schedule Improvements

Right now the team schedule page is pretty useless, other than to quickly see who you play next. Additionally, when a simulation is complete, you have to go into the league schedule page, and scroll all the way down to the current week to see you team's results.

Suggestion is that the team schedule page should mirror the league schedule page, in terms of updating with score and links to box score and play by play for each of your games.

Samdarnoldsucks21
08-02-2023, 12:57 PM
I also think an app would boost interest in the website with notifications preventing all of the lost people.

pit1232
08-02-2023, 04:44 PM
would like to fine a way to get 24 people that would like to start a league that would stay together for a few good years to make it fun to see how you would do them. Not like now you only have 10 to 14 player in the league and the other team that only have 28 to 40 player on there roster .

JackCarsten
08-03-2023, 02:32 PM
would like to fine a way to get 24 people that would like to start a league that would stay together for a few good years to make it fun to see how you would do them. Not like now you only have 10 to 14 player in the league and the other team that only have 28 to 40 player on there roster .

I actually was talking to Kingwood about this and PM Kevin and CDCox about it. I am willing to bet we could get 24 teams easy.

pit1232
08-03-2023, 06:25 PM
JackCarsten If you do that please tell me I would love to be in that group. add in the group of player maybe we could come up with ideas to make the game even better see we are the once that come up with ideas and then cdcox could try them out in that group of player to see what work and work dosen't .

Kingswood
08-03-2023, 08:31 PM
I actually was talking to Kingwood about this and PM Kevin and CDCox about it. I am willing to bet we could get 24 teams easy.

I was just thinking about this again last night. I was checking out some of the other teams and saw an inactive team with some real ballers and it pissed me off. I hate seeing these players go to waste on these teams. Is there some way we can get 24 owners to commit and create a 'Competitive League'? You, Pit, and I make 3 and I'm sure Eaglesphan and the others from Dolphins1 would be interested at least. I'd be willing to scrap all the other leagues and consolidate it down to 1 but I imagine some owners would feel some type of way about that after putting in all that work to make their teams what they are. IDK I'm just not going to be satisfied with leagues that are only 40%-50% active

Cmcm2297
08-03-2023, 11:34 PM

I would be down to do this!

JackCarsten
08-04-2023, 12:11 AM
I’ve emailed Kevin and the sandbox email again trying to make them aware we want to do a new league.

pit1232
08-04-2023, 12:20 AM
right now I am in 4 league and that was to help out full there league but as time when on other player left the from thought league. and when you think they would stay they don't and I like to know why the game is getting better each year. but when you are playing a team that only has 30 or 40 player how can you tell if you are getting better or how bad the league is and that is no fun. I would like to get beat by a team that has a GM to see how you are doing

JackCarsten
08-04-2023, 12:22 AM
right now I am in 4 league and that was to help out full there league but as time when on other player left the from thought league. and when you think they would stay they don't and I like to know why the game is getting better each year. but when you are playing a team that only has 30 or 40 player how can you tell if you are getting better or how bad the league is and that is no fun. I would like to get beat by a team that has a GM to see how you are doing

Why the new league with active teams is the solution.

cdcox
08-04-2023, 12:55 AM
2 UI suggestions...

1. League Schedule Improvements

Add the score to the league schedule page, after games are completed.

Currently looks like this:

Consider changing to this

Or something like that. In any case, now you can tell who won each game without having to go into each individual box score.

2. Team Schedule Improvements

Right now the team schedule page is pretty useless, other than to quickly see who you play next. Additionally, when a simulation is complete, you have to go into the league schedule page, and scroll all the way down to the current week to see you team's results.

Suggestion is that the team schedule page should mirror the league schedule page, in terms of updating with score and links to box score and play by play for each of your games.

I always find it exciting to read the play-by-play line-by-line so the game unfolds like a real game. If the score were posed to the league schedule page, it would ruin that experience.

pit1232
08-04-2023, 02:02 AM
Why the new league with active teams is the solution.

just tell when and what the new league name is and I am in if we can get 24 that what to stay with it for a long time

tophardtjr
08-04-2023, 05:37 AM
I would join the active people league, i am on here every day, most days more than once!

Samdarnoldsucks21
08-04-2023, 09:28 PM
I would join

smackawits
08-05-2023, 12:17 PM
I was just thinking about this again last night. I was checking out some of the other teams and saw an inactive team with some real ballers and it pissed me off. I hate seeing these players go to waste on these teams. Is there some way we can get 24 owners to commit and create a 'Competitive League'? You, Pit, and I make 3 and I'm sure Eaglesphan and the others from Dolphins1 would be interested at least. I'd be willing to scrap all the other leagues and consolidate it down to 1 but I imagine some owners would feel some type of way about that after putting in all that work to make their teams what they are. IDK I'm just not going to be satisfied with leagues that are only 40%-50% active

I would do it in a heartbeat!

Kingswood
08-13-2023, 05:39 PM
Would it be possible to add a feature that would allow us to copy our gameplan from one situation to another? For example if I lose a TE for the week and I can't use the 2TE formation I'd like to be able to copy the adjustments I made for 1st and 10 and apply it to 2nd and 6-9 or whatever.
I'd also like the ability to save 2 or 3 copies of different gameplans that I could apply from week to week. For example I could have a gameplan saved for a run heavy approach one week, be pass heavy the next week, or have one designated for a specific lineup etc.

pit1232
08-13-2023, 08:17 PM
Would it be possible to add a feature that would allow us to copy our gameplan from one situation to another? For example if I lose a TE for the week and I can't use the 2TE formation I'd like to be able to copy the adjustments I made for 1st and 10 and apply it to 2nd and 6-9 or whatever.
I'd also like the ability to save 2 or 3 copies of different gameplans that I could apply from week to week. For example I could have a gameplan saved for a run heavy approach one week, be pass heavy the next week, or have one designated for a specific lineup etc.

I like to see that to but one question if one of your TE is out for the week that were a free street agent come in. so you want to use what you have on your roster and not a SFA for that part on your game plan. we need to fine a way to use what we hav

eaglesphan79
08-14-2023, 03:13 AM
I love the idea of being able to save different versions of game plans.

pit1232
08-15-2023, 02:17 AM
can we have some stats on are Kicker and punter in the next update like to see how they are doing

eaglesphan79
08-15-2023, 02:21 AM
can we have some stats on are Kicker and punter in the next update like to see how they are doing

Agreed. Kick & Punt returners as well.

Reggy
08-15-2023, 01:53 PM
Sorry if this has been mentioned, but does anyone else's defensive ends get called for holding like 3+ times per game?

Kingswood
08-15-2023, 06:33 PM
Sorry if this has been mentioned, but does anyone else's defensive ends get called for holding like 3+ times per game?

Yeah it's pretty infuriating.

pit1232
08-16-2023, 04:23 PM
is there any way that team rosters can not go under 45 player in each team. even if there is no one running that team in the up coming years. there got to be a way the computer can do that to help thoughts teams out so they have some players on there team and not use SFA players that seem to do better then the player we pick for are teams.

eaglesphan79
08-20-2023, 02:56 PM
In-season trades, with a trade deadline after week 8 games, like in the NFL.

tophardtjr
08-20-2023, 03:32 PM
In-season trades, with a trade deadline after week 8 games, like in the NFL.

I second this one!!

pit1232
08-20-2023, 10:06 PM
I like that too but with most of the teams don't have a GM to make the trade but I am all for it.

mdboucher
08-23-2023, 08:45 PM
I'd like to see season end MVP/all pro/pro bowl lists

Kingswood
08-23-2023, 09:06 PM
i'd like to see season end mvp/all pro/pro bowl lists

seconded!!

Kingswood
09-04-2023, 02:04 AM
Would it be possible to have a champions playoff run after the seasons end? I'm not sure how many leagues there are total but I just thought it would be cool to have a post-post-season contest, just set it up like it's own playoff bracket

UmmBerrto
09-04-2023, 09:37 PM
Would it be possible to have a champions playoff run after the seasons end? I'm not sure how many leagues there are total but I just thought it would be cool to have a post-post-season contest, just set it up like it's own playoff bracket

Now that is an interesting off-season suggestion.

All the SBB winners in a 12 or 16 team Challange Play playoff bracket to finish the season?

"There can be only one!!!"

JackCarsten
09-04-2023, 09:49 PM
Problem is most of the leagues have half to 2/3 of the teams as bots.

tophardtjr
09-05-2023, 03:24 AM
You would have 6-7 teams with the same players

mdboucher
09-08-2023, 07:51 PM
I'd really like to be able to open offensive and defensive lineups (depth chart) in the off-season, like right now when setting draft priorities

mdboucher
09-22-2023, 09:13 PM
Also if a "counteroffer" option could be added to trades, that would be pretty cool

JackCarsten
09-29-2023, 02:33 PM
Maybe awarding league champions with extra money for free agency or award members that are active extra money for free agency.

pit1232
09-30-2023, 06:07 PM
I would like to have some kind of vote on some of these request that we ask for to see what the player think that should be add to the game. So Cdcox could see what the player would like to be add to the game if it is possible. Like I like to see a IR list to be add to the game some how. How dose that sound.

PaperLions
09-30-2023, 11:11 PM
How about a way to give 3-5 players per team, a 1 year contract extension, and have it cost double (or more) the max cost of a 1 year tiered free agent contract. The reason is to reward teams that found a great free agent talent, and keep him for another year at a reasonable salary, before exposing him to free agency? This type of deal is used in pretty much every professional sports league. If it’s not over complicating this change, we could establish a limit so that a player cannot be given an extension in consecutive seasons? This is just a basic idea for a framework of establishing extensions - I’m sure many of you have ideas of making this idea even better. Feel free to add your ideas to this suggestion.