PDA

View Full Version : Salary Cap Bonus cdcox

pit1232
07-19-2023, 11:00 PM
Each year we get 450 dollars to start the New Year. Each year in the NFL the Salary Cap go up on the base on revenue at the end of the last Year. So I thought there could be a way to get a bonus with the 450 that we get to start the new season. the way we would get this is in the league that we are in. You add up the money that is left over from each team that each owner has that they did not use on signing player to contract and after free agent is all done and then divide it by the 24 teams in that league. that would be the bonus they would get that year. So in the Jet1 league after all the contact sign and after free agent there was 7779 dollars that was not use for that league so if you diivide that by 24 teams that come to 324 that would be add to the salary cap. So the total would be 874 for the teams to use for there cap that year. Plus in each league it would be different for each league. I am in 4 league and each one come to a different amount in each league. Dolphins 1 league there was 5348 not use so if you divide by 24 that come to 222 for each team to be add. In the Bengals 1 league there was 6283 not use and if you divide that by 24 that come to 261 that would be add to the cap. and just to show you that in the Chiefs 1 there was only 4377 dollars that was not use so that come to 182 dollar to each team. That way to get some interest in the game knowing there will be so kind of bonus to want them to play the game. I hope you like the idea and use it in the up coming season. So what do you think about it.

Kingswood
07-20-2023, 01:06 PM
Not gonna lie, I'm not a fan of this idea, but first let me make sure I understand correctly. You want to divide unused cap space evenly amongst the league and add it to the 450 we get? If I'm not mistaken, as it stands, don't we keep half our leftover cap? Since I'm pretty active on FA I get the appeal of splitting up the money since the bot teams would theoretically have more money. I just don't like the idea of my money being pooled in with everyone else's whether it's $2 or $200. I also feel like it's punishing the more active leagues since they'd have less money to divide as well as stiffer competition to face in FA.

I like the way it is now so that when new owners take over a team they have a substantial amount of cap space to play with and prepare their team. Some of these abandoned teams aren't even teams anymore and dividing their salary cap feels like you're discouraging new owners since the rebuild will be more difficult and take longer. I'm not mad at the idea I just think it could backfire. What if instead of pooling 100% of the leftover cap space we pool together the half that would've been lost and distribute the bonus based on the rankings? The more active teams should have better records and this way the SB Champ will earn something for their efforts since there's no recognition whatsoever.

smackawits
07-20-2023, 02:24 PM
i agree with Kingswood

pit1232
07-20-2023, 02:41 PM
Ok i see your view point just though if would help get some interest in the game.

Kingswood
07-20-2023, 06:14 PM
Ok i see your view point just though if would help get some interest in the game.

Hey it's not a bad idea at all! I just put my own little 2 cents in. My idea isn't perfect since technically the SB champ would be getting the biggest cut and they're the least likely to need it so in a sense the rich keep getting richer. That being said though it should inspire more activity. Not everyone is going to put the work in to run a team just for the self satisfaction. Some sort of reward system should be in place to motivate owners.

PaperLions
07-20-2023, 06:30 PM
With current cap rules we can only keep half of our cap balance to carry over to the next season. With the half we forfeit, could we use that to give four players (2 offense, 2 defense) currently under contract for next season, a one or two year extension. Make the 1 or two year extensions cost double (or more, it’s something that can be changed from my idea). And add that you cannot give a player a second extension - only once for your team (if he’s traded the new team could give him one extension. This rewards teams that identify and draft players that turn out really well, to not lose them in a free agency bidding war the next season.

All of those details are open for better ideas. My big idea was to be able to use the half of cap space we forfeit towards extending contracts for a few players, but only to be used once per player so you can’t sign a free agent for $1 and then extend him one year at a time for his career and never expose him to free agency. It’s a little bit more complex than the franchise 5-7 year deal to keep them away from free agency, but its similar, and I hope it can be done on the programming side.

I’m sure someone has some better ideas to make this better, fairer, and most important, easy on Sandbox so it’s not something that consumes their time that could be better spent on more important Sandbox things.

pit1232
07-20-2023, 06:33 PM
thank for your feedback Kingswood I hope more player would say what they think would help to make the game better so good luck inthe season. Seeing your in the Jets 1 league how many owner do you think are activity in it.

Kingswood
07-20-2023, 09:34 PM
thank for your feedback Kingswood I hope more player would say what they think would help to make the game better so good luck in the season. Seeing your in the Jets 1 league how many owner do you think are activity in it.

Yeah no worries man. I'm actually in 11 different leagues with 1 more pending. Not sure how I'm going to handle these 3 games a week but I'll manage. I tend to be overly meticulous, to my own detriment at times so maybe it's a blessing in disguise. By my estimates in Jets1 there's about 10-12 active owners, which isn't bad. It should make for some good competition