PDA

View Full Version : Progress toward Simulating the 2022 Sandbox season

cdcox
03-24-2023, 02:22 AM
I'm going to keep this thread stickied and update the OP as we progress through the steps toward simulating the 2023 Sandbox Season.

Player Availability Status: 100% Goal: April 2. Completed April 1.
Rushing game offense Status: 100% Goal: April 7. Now delayed until April 16. Completed April 15.
Rushing game defense Status: 100%
Passing game quarterbacks Status: 100%
Passing game receivers Status: 100%
Passing blocking Status: 100%
Passing game defense Status: 100%
Fumbles Status: 100%
Penalties Status: 100%
Special teams Status:100%

Fixing the Stree Free Agent issue:0%
Testing: 0%

Update for 4/24. I worked on run defense over the weekend. In fortunately, some of the data isn’t behaving. I have a solution, but need to test it. It will take some time high quality time. I’ll start doing some of the simpler other tasks in the meantime.

Update for 4/29. Good progress today. Will make more progress tomorrow. I’ve added two new tasks, but I’m optimistic about being ready in 2-3 weeks.

Update for 4/30. More good progress today.

Update for 5/21. We have begun the 2022 Sandbox Preseason. See the preseason thread. I will continue to post updates on adjustment to free agent performance here.

Update for 5/29. I've updated free agent performance for all positions except QB, HB, and receiving positions.

smackawits
03-24-2023, 02:36 AM
I'm going to keep this thread stickied and update the OP as we progress through the steps toward simulating the 2023 Sandbox Season.

Update to player availability table:

I'm waiting on access to some a data source provided by one of our vendors. I should have it by March 30. My goal is to have Player Availability posted by April 2.

Further progress on processing 2022 data will be provided after April 2.

THANK YOU cd......I appreciate the date.

UmmBerrto
03-24-2023, 05:14 AM
Cool beans, I am interested to see how my team will perform based on the new season stats.

I think I got something, but I keep getting mollywopped in challenge games.

Kingswood
03-24-2023, 10:48 AM
Cool beans, I am interested to see how my team will perform based on the new season stats.

I think I got something, but I keep getting mollywopped in challenge games.

That's why I stopped doing challenges. Teams are ready for '22 but challenges are running on '21

PaperLions
03-24-2023, 08:32 PM
Can free agency remain active/open for a couple of days after the new Availability Chart is posted? That can give us a few days to sign a player to cover any availability issues that we may have overlooked in building our 2022/2023 season roster and avoid using a Street Free Agent. The new availability chart can also be helpful in making final cuts to the 53 man roster as well.

cdcox
03-25-2023, 12:07 AM
It will be open for at least a couple weeks, because it will take some time to process the data.

misterdizz
03-25-2023, 07:08 AM
When will team budgets get replenished? I spent all of my available funds last FA period so I cannot bud anymore.

eaglesphan79
03-25-2023, 10:47 AM
When will team budgets get replenished? I spent all of my available funds last FA period so I cannot bud anymore.

After the season

MasterMind
03-26-2023, 02:39 PM
Thanks! I'm anxious to get the 49ers filled and drafting.

cdcox
04-02-2023, 02:55 AM
Player Availability has been updated for 2022, one day before the goal.

UmmBerrto
04-02-2023, 06:43 AM
Player Availability has been updated for 2022, one day before the goal.

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

tophardtjr
04-02-2023, 11:26 AM
Dre'Mont Jones played in 13 games yet you have him as no games available

smackawits
04-02-2023, 12:12 PM
Thanks for the updated listing! I did this throughout the season so I know how time consuming this is.

the following members of the Bills-1 Grand Rapids Snowbirds should be corrected as follows:

Tua (QB) should be ineligible week 17 (our playoff week)
Javonte Williams (RB) was available and played week 2
Terrace Marshall (WR) was unavailable week 1
Alex Singleton (LB) was available and played week 2
Desmond King (CB) was available and played week2
Kyle Dugger (S) should be unavailable week 8

Thanks for your attention to this.

smackawits
04-02-2023, 12:16 PM
I am unable to access my lineups to get my new guys into the game planner. Anyone else having the same problem?

UmmBerrto
04-02-2023, 03:06 PM
I am unable to access my lineups to get my new guys into the game planner. Anyone else having the same problem?

Same here.......

pit1232
04-02-2023, 05:18 PM
I having the same problem with the game planner keep kicking me out.

cdcox
04-02-2023, 06:08 PM
Thanks to those providing feedback.

The most accurate data source available to me on eligibility of players is not formatted in a convenient way. I use some automated processes to crunch this data, but occasionally some one-off and systematic errors creep in. Those that check their rosters helps to find these. To respond to some specifics:

tophardtjr: Dre'Mont Jones played in 13 games yet you have him as no games available The sofware confused him with D.J. Jones, also on the Broncos

smackawits
Tua (QB) should be ineligible week 17 (our playoff week) I use a rule that if a player was active in NFL week 17 or NFLweek 18, they are fully available for Sandbox playoffs.
Javonte Williams (RB) was available and played week 2 There was a systematic error related to eligibility in week 2 for players on Houston and Denver.
Terrace Marshall (WR) was unavailable week 1 Terence Marshall did not play in week 1, but he was on the active roster. So he's available in Sandbox.
Alex Singleton (LB) was available and played week 2 There was a systematic error related to eligibility in week 2 for players on Houston and Denver.
Desmond King (CB) was available and played week2 There was a systematic error related to eligibility in week 2 for players on Houston and Denver.
Kyle Dugger (S) should be unavailable week 8 I agree that Kyle Dugger should be out during week 8. That's what the player availability table for Sandbox shows.

These changes will be reflected in the player availability table in about 30 minutes. It will also require me to re-run the probability based calculation of playoff availability. Therefore, until all of these inaccuracies have been uncovered, the playoff availability could change. Please continue to post inaccuracies in this thread so I can address them publicly.

cdcox
04-02-2023, 06:23 PM

Same here.......

I having the same problem with the game planner keep kicking me out.

The game planning modules won't be available until I am done processing the data. We'll allow a couple weeks of challenge games to allow teams to tweak their game plans prior to beginning the simulation season. I'll do this work as quickly as possible, but there is a lot of data crunching to do.

Kingswood
04-02-2023, 10:49 PM
Thanks for the updated listing! I did this throughout the season so I know how time consuming this is.

the following members of the Bills-1 Grand Rapids Snowbirds should be corrected as follows:

Tua (QB) should be ineligible week 17 (our playoff week)
Javonte Williams (RB) was available and played week 2
Terrace Marshall (WR) was unavailable week 1
Alex Singleton (LB) was available and played week 2
Desmond King (CB) was available and played week2
Kyle Dugger (S) should be unavailable week 8

Thanks for your attention to this.

Please take a look at CB Michael Carter. I'm showing no availability although he played every week.

cdcox
04-03-2023, 01:30 AM
Please take a look at CB Michael Carter. I'm showing no availability although he played every week.

You are correct. The root of the problem is that the only other player named Michael Carter in the NFL also plays for the Jets. I'm going to wait a couple days to update the Player Availability table, to see if other people find issues and I will correct them all at once.

Kingswood
04-03-2023, 01:39 AM
You are correct. The root of the problem is that the only other player named Michael Carter in the NFL also plays for the Jets. I'm going to wait a couple days to update the Player Availability table, to see if other people find issues and I will correct them all at once.

Makes sense. Thanks

eaglesphan79
04-03-2023, 04:00 AM
Looks like Mahomes is unavailable week 11. He played all 17 games this season.

Same with Kelce. Maybe something wrong with Chiefs week 11 data.

Higbee also played 17 games, shows him missing week 11. Rams played KC week 11, must be that particular game.

tcavity4566
04-03-2023, 12:48 PM
I am not sure if this is the place to question the player availabiltiy...Tyler smith is injured all season based on the new chart. He played much of the season for the cowboys.

Phog
04-04-2023, 12:04 AM
Ok, in Raiders1 league, Tulsa Trojans:
Darious Williams, CB, shows out all season, he played all season
Hayden Hurst shows out week 16, he played
Travis Kelce shows out week 11, he played
Tyler Bass shows out week 16, he played

In Chiefs1, Enid Alliance:
Dawson Knox shows out week 5&16, he played week 16
Joe Mixon shows out week 11,12,16, he played week 16
Justin Watson shows out week 11, he played
Leonard Floyd shows out week 11, he played
Van Jefferson shows out week 11, he played somewhat surprisingly considering his season :-)

I think this is all I found, most are just off a week here or there except Darious Williams. Thanks for all your hard work!

cdcox
04-04-2023, 04:13 AM
As an update, I worked on this for three hours tonight. It is a two step process. First I update "database A". Once "database A" is completely updated, I run some additional code to update "database B" which is what is visible on the website. I've updated "database A" to cover all of the issues raised by you fine folks, except for the issues caused by the Bills-Bengals Damar Hamlin game. I will do that tomorrow, then update 'database B". So although I have done a good amount of work, none of it will be visible now.

UmmBerrto
04-04-2023, 04:59 AM
As an update, I worked on this for three hours tonight. It is a two step process. First I update "database A". Once "database A" is completely updated, I run some additional code to update "database B" which is what is visible on the website. I've updated "database A" to cover all of the issues raised by you fine folks, except for the issues caused by the Bills-Bengals Damar Hamlin game. I will do that tomorrow, then update 'database B". So although I have done a good amount of work, none of it will be visible now.

Thank you for your work, and your communication.

I have no idea if my players are accurate from one week to the next, I actually don't really care.

They play, they play, they don't, they don't.

Makes me no nevermind.
Y only question is about players that will eventually be available once you have finished your updates.

And the performance of all players based on 2022.

After that, I am a happy man

I can see how my roster actually plays.

Kingswood
04-04-2023, 10:50 PM
For our trade notification emails, would it be too much of a hassle to get them to tell us what league the trade proposal is in?

cdcox
04-05-2023, 02:46 AM
For our trade notification emails, would it be too much of a hassle to get them to tell us what league the trade proposal is in?

Probably less than an hour's work. I'll try to get to it soon.

cdcox
04-05-2023, 04:34 AM
All of the player availability issues identified so far have been updated in the table available on the website.

smackawits
04-05-2023, 11:41 AM
any idea on the timing of being able to utilize our lineup pages?

Kingswood
04-05-2023, 01:24 PM
Probably less than an hour's work. I'll try to get to it soon.

Thanks you, sir, that would certainly be helpful

Aardvark71
04-05-2023, 04:24 PM
better have a top 6 QB, 2 upper echelon OT, a top 2 WR, solid TE, and a defense that is insanely good at CB and DT, DE to get sacks and forced fumbles. Thats how I won a super bowl in year one. I truly believe the rest of the positions dont even matter though I do stack RB too.

Kingswood
04-05-2023, 05:06 PM
better have a top 6 QB, 2 upper echelon OT, a top 2 WR, solid TE, and a defense that is insanely good at CB and DT, DE to get sacks and forced fumbles. Thats how I won a super bowl in year one. I truly believe the rest of the positions dont even matter though I do stack RB too.

I won with Taysom Hill.

Reggy
04-05-2023, 05:36 PM
Dude listed like all the positions

Cmcm2297
04-05-2023, 07:32 PM
"Have a great team and you'll win"

smackawits
04-06-2023, 11:42 AM
Can anyone get into their lineup pages yet? I am not able to.

UmmBerrto
04-06-2023, 12:05 PM

Let me right this down, Okay, So I need Top Ten at every position but Interior Linebacker and Interior Offensive Lineman.

Got it. Anything else?

Oh, wait, don't need any Safety help either.

Ok bet, thank you for your help.

I'll get on that right away,...

Oh, wait, dang, the draft is already over and so is FA.

Oh well, I guess my two SB appearances and the one trophy that came with it must have been a fluke, since I didn't know anything about how this game plays out.

But hey, I am glad you got a ring too.

All jokes aside, I do agree that there is a flaw in the game play, and I believe that flaw is directly related to the opinions of Cox and Kevin, on how they believe the game should be playing.

I have voiced my opinions several times, that the game is not realistic when played outside of their controlled program.

For instance, if I run the ball with a multiple TE package, and those TE are Pro Bowl caliber Offensive Lineman, Because I paid to have Eight starting caliber Offensive Lineman on my roster, my average yards per attempt, with my pro bowl RB's, behind those eight juggernauts and a great run blocking FB, should not be less than 2 yards.

But that is usually the case, because the "programing" has limited the possible results of short yardage formations to have short yardage outcomes.

The program needs to have more realistic outcomes.

But, I am not a programmer, so I have no idea what it would take, to allow actual truth to play out in the actual simulation.

Yet, they are, for lack of better resources available to them, responsible for this entire sim being available to the world.

For that I am grateful.

I hope that as the days go by, they may actually develop a more complicated and complete product that we all can feel as though we had some part in.

And maybe, just maybe, they will credit me 😜😜😜 for enough of my influence, that I will get some rights to the hundreds of millions in perspective profits.

Maybe you guys too...

😎😎😎😎😎

cdcox
04-06-2023, 12:07 PM
Can anyone get into their lineup pages yet? I am not able to.

The game planning modules won't be available until I am done processing the data. We'll allow a couple weeks of challenge games to allow teams to tweak their game plans prior to beginning the simulation season. I'll do this work as quickly as possible, but there is a lot of data crunching to do.

pit1232
04-07-2023, 01:31 AM

it there any way you can let us change from a 3-4 to a 4-3 in the game planning now or do we need to wait to you get done with what you need to do. I know with the offense part of it we can set that up. but i want to go to a 4-3 and the only way to do that is when we can change from a 3-4 to a 4-3 so is there any way you can make that happen now so we can set that up. and keep up with what you are doing we thank you for doing this to make the game one of the best around

JackCarsten
04-07-2023, 03:06 PM
Hey CDCOX since we are behind schedule. Would you be open to having games twice a week like you've done in other leagues?

smackawits
04-07-2023, 04:21 PM

thanks for the update.....looking forward to getting my new guys aboard and playing some challenge games....

Kevin
04-20-2023, 10:43 PM
Hi guys, I'm checking in with cdcox on progress tonight. The plow continues to cut through earth, even though I recognize that it's not as fast as we'd like. Thanks for the patience.

smackawits
04-27-2023, 11:31 AM
Is this season EVER going to start?

Chilly
04-28-2023, 05:12 PM
If you go to the first post on this thread, CD has been updating it. I only realized that today. It was last updated on 4/24 and indicates there is a problem with some of the statistics. He is working on rushing defense and has a goal date of 4/29 to complete.

cdcox
04-30-2023, 01:37 AM
New update in the OP.

cdcox
04-30-2023, 08:37 PM
Another update in the OP posted.

pit1232
04-30-2023, 09:46 PM
that good it nice to know that you are doing all you can do. one question is there any way we can work on are game planning and can we change from a 3-4 to a 4-3 so we can get going when the season start but thank you for the up dates and keep up with what yo doing we all apricate what you are doing

cdcox
05-01-2023, 10:47 AM
Pit, the subroutine that activates game plans also flips the challenge games to the new 2022 data. Need to get the data in first, then we will be ready to go.

pit1232
05-01-2023, 10:42 PM
i understand just keep what your doing and when your done it will be time to go great so keep the good work going and thank you for what you are doing again

cdcox
05-08-2023, 10:40 AM
You all are due an update. I have been very busy at work all of last week, through the weekend, and now through this week. So no time for Sandbox. But I should be able to spend some time this coming weekend.

UmmBerrto
05-08-2023, 02:25 PM
You all are due an update. I have been very busy at work all of last week, through the weekend, and now through this week. So no time for Sandbox. But I should be able to spend some time this coming weekend.

"Keep the Continuing"

~ Sammy Sosa ~

We appreciate you

JackCarsten
05-08-2023, 03:08 PM
CDCOX
Would you consider 2 games a week in leagues to speed up seasons since we are behind schedule?

UmmBerrto
05-08-2023, 04:34 PM
CDCOX
Would you consider 2 games a week in leagues to speed up seasons since we are behind schedule?

Monday and Friday works for me.
Or Monday and Thursday

If you are asking for my opinion.

Then maybe one game a week during the playoffs.

Just as an idea.

Kingswood
05-08-2023, 08:20 PM
CDCOX

I'd like to throw a bid in for Sundays and Thursdays but I'll make it work regardless.

pit1232
05-08-2023, 11:50 PM
I will go for anything if we need to do it if we need to go to two game a week

cdcox
05-09-2023, 04:23 AM
Yeah, no problem doing two games a week we’ve done that many times before.

Aardvark71
05-12-2023, 03:04 AM
Tuesday and Saturday, could be great, or Tuesday and Friday.

pit1232
05-17-2023, 02:59 PM
cdcox is there anything anyone can do to help you out with what you need to do. is there any way you can show someone what need to be done to help you out. If you could train me I would be glad to help you out just thought I would ask

cdcox
05-21-2023, 04:08 AM
I completed the penalty analysis today. About 7 hours of work. I should be able to do special teams tomorrow.

cdcox
05-22-2023, 12:53 AM
We have started a "Preseason" for 2022. See the Preseason thread.

tcavity4566
05-24-2023, 01:30 PM
I am not sure if this the correct forum to ask a question....But the site shows that Duane Brown is not active week 1 through week 4. However based on Pro Football Reference...He was active however DID not play. Shouldnt that make him ok to use?

cdcox
05-25-2023, 03:12 AM
I am not sure if this the correct forum to ask a question....But the site shows that Duane Brown is not active week 1 through week 4. However based on Pro Football Reference...He was active however DID not play. Shouldnt that make him ok to use?

Hi Tim,

According to Wikipedia: "He was placed on injured reserve on September 10, 2022 after injuring his shoulder in practice.[23] He was activated on October 8.[24]" The wikipedia page is consistent with our official data source that indicates he was not available weeks 1-4.

cdcox
05-29-2023, 05:44 PM
I'm going to suspend challenge games for several hours so I can work on the Street Free Agent thing. Not sure how far I will get, and I will try to put the simulator back on line when I finish up for the day.

cdcox
05-30-2023, 03:39 AM
Simulations are back on. I've updated free agent performance for all positions except QB, HB, and receiving positions.

smackawits
05-31-2023, 12:46 AM
Simulations are back on. I've updated free agent performance for all positions except QB, HB, and receiving positions.

but you are updating those position also, correct?

cdcox
05-31-2023, 01:41 AM
Yes, I have to carve out the time.

tcavity4566
07-08-2023, 08:15 PM
Thank you so much for taking the time to read and answer my message!