PDA

View Full Version : Non-specific position - which tier?

PaperLions
03-07-2023, 11:22 PM
When using the chart that assigns a tier to positions, I see that there is no RG or LG, but just Guard listed as a Tier 4. But there is not a Tier listed for just LB, however specific LB positions are listed such as OLB, ILB, MLB, SLB and WLB are assigned to a Tier. What Tier is just LB? Can I play a LB at any linebacker position on my Defense without any hit to his performance?

Guard is just listed as G on the Tier chart, not a specific RG or LG. Can a G play at right or left side without a performance adjustment for playing out of position?

Tackle is listed as just LT on the tier chart. What Tier is RT or just a T? Is there a performance adjustment here too? It’s confusing because Guard and Tackle are handled where one is left very generic (Guard) while Tackle is very tier specific but it’s incomplete with no RT or T assigned a tier.

Maybe this was addressed earlier, but I missed it and in that case, I’m sorry for asking a duplicate question.

UmmBerrto
03-08-2023, 02:44 AM
When using the chart that assigns a tier to positions, I see that there is no RG or LG, but just Guard listed as a Tier 4. But there is not a Tier listed for just LB, however specific LB positions are listed such as OLB, ILB, MLB, SLB and WLB are assigned to a Tier. What Tier is just LB? Can I play a LB at any linebacker position on my Defense without any hit to his performance?

Guard is just listed as G on the Tier chart, not a specific RG or LG. Can a G play at right or left side without a performance adjustment for playing out of position?

Tackle is listed as just LT on the tier chart. What Tier is RT or just a T? Is there a performance adjustment here too? It’s confusing because Guard and Tackle are handled where one is left very generic (Guard) while Tackle is very tier specific but it’s incomplete with no RT or T assigned a tier.

Maybe this was addressed earlier, but I missed it and in that case, I’m sorry for asking a duplicate question.

I might have to call you PaperTrail
It's a compliment...

PaperLions
03-08-2023, 05:01 AM
I might have to call you PaperTrail
It's a compliment...

Ha! Please don’t…..but thanks for the compliment.

cdcox
03-08-2023, 05:44 AM
Thanks for bringing this up. I need to update some of the documentation.

ILB, WLB, SLB, and MB have all been simplified into LB. LB are tier 3 players. OLB are still tier 2 players.

RG, LG, and G are all interchangeable both with respect to tier and where they play without penalty.

Same with S, FS, and SS.

RT and LT are still distinct positions on different tiers and some small adjustments playing out of position. RT and T are tier 4. If a generic T has significant NFL snaps, they will often be classified as LT or RT by the end of the season.

PaperLions
03-08-2023, 04:08 PM
Thank you! Very helpful.