PDA

View Full Version : Trying to get timing dates....continuation

smackawits
02-17-2023, 04:42 PM
I have asked many times without a concrete answer, so I will continue to ask:

When is the cutdown date to 53 roster players?
What is the intention for bot teams to fill rosters to 53 players or will they simply run with their 30+ players and their all-star SFA's?
When will restricted FA begin for those of us paying attention?
What is the anticipated date for the first week's games?

JackCarsten
02-17-2023, 04:59 PM
Maybe be patient and read the message board. He answers your questions.
CDCOX 2/12
As you mentioned, the Kenny B. Stopped incident has thrown a wrench into the schedule.

Before moving into 53-man roster cuts and limited free agency, I would like to do the following to make cheater-trades more difficult:
write code to prevent trades with teams owned by bots
write code to limit the frequency that an owner can change teams within one league
write code to track trades between owners, to substantiate charges of collusion going into the future
reallow owners to adopt abandoned teams

This shouldn't be too hard, but it's probably a day-long project.

Switching into 53-man roster cuts and limited free agency is almost ready to go. It will take maybe an hour, but I want to do it on a Saturday or Sunday in case something goes wrong. I have set a goal of getting this going by next Sunday.

I don't have a good answer for leagues with mostly abandoned teams. The game was envisioned to work when most teams in a league had active owners. The bot software and the concept of street free agents were designed only to keep things going, without really fielding competitive teams. Writing a decent AI for making intelligent moves in free agency and evaluating trades is a huge lift. Your suggestion about letting them retain their 0-year players is a good idea, and I will implement that.

The best outcomes would be for active owners to be concentrated in leagues with other active owners. The most active leagues are: Chiefs1, Raiders1, Bengals1, Bills1, Jets1, Dophins1, and Pats1.

UmmBerrto
02-17-2023, 05:23 PM
I have asked many times without a concrete answer, so I will continue to ask:

When is the cutdown date to 53 roster players?
What is the intention for bot teams to fill rosters to 53 players or will they simply run with their 30+ players and their all-star SFA's?
When will restricted FA begin for those of us paying attention?
What is the anticipated date for the first week's games?

Bro, you joined in Dec of 2021
None of this is new to you.

If I managed to figure out that I needed to chill out three or four months into this.

Why are you still trying to go 100mph in a residential area?

I've already cut my rosters to 53, at the time I had seven or eight teams, now I only have three.

Stop acting brand new.

Would you prefer he set a date and release something with a ton of bugs?

Or set a date and then move it back three or four times.

When it is ready to go, I am sure you will get an Email.

Other than that.

You are just instigating more frustration amongst the entire simulation.

smackawits
02-18-2023, 01:02 PM
Maybe be patient and read the message board. He answers your questions.
CDCOX 2/12
As you mentioned, the Kenny B. Stopped incident has thrown a wrench into the schedule.

Before moving into 53-man roster cuts and limited free agency, I would like to do the following to make cheater-trades more difficult:
write code to prevent trades with teams owned by bots
write code to limit the frequency that an owner can change teams within one league
write code to track trades between owners, to substantiate charges of collusion going into the future
reallow owners to adopt abandoned teams

This shouldn't be too hard, but it's probably a day-long project.

Switching into 53-man roster cuts and limited free agency is almost ready to go. It will take maybe an hour, but I want to do it on a Saturday or Sunday in case something goes wrong. I have set a goal of getting this going by next Sunday.

I don't have a good answer for leagues with mostly abandoned teams. The game was envisioned to work when most teams in a league had active owners. The bot software and the concept of street free agents were designed only to keep things going, without really fielding competitive teams. Writing a decent AI for making intelligent moves in free agency and evaluating trades is a huge lift. Your suggestion about letting them retain their 0-year players is a good idea, and I will implement that.

The best outcomes would be for active owners to be concentrated in leagues with other active owners. The most active leagues are: Chiefs1, Raiders1, Bengals1, Bills1, Jets1, Dophins1, and Pats1.

Jack...I am trying to get hard DATES.......not feelings of when something SHOULD be accomplished.

I understand his situation. I understand that this is not a business. I understand there probably needs to be several more people helping with the coding...which I would offer to do if I had the knowledge (for free).

We have not had a FA signing in over a month....probably the same in your other leagues. Why would it be so difficult to say that on February 20th all league will have their players at 53 so that those of us paying attention can scout the people cut? Why could there not be a published date saying that February 28th would start restricted free agency and 2022 availability will be updated? Why not say the target date for starting the season will be March whatever?

The lack of hard dates that one can point to in order to get ready for a season (who knows when that will begin...I can't get a target date from anyone) is PROBABLY the reason why we have so many bot teams in the first place. Silence equals bots.....that much has been proven already.

That leads me into the time it takes to do a draft..but let's stay on subject.

smackawits
02-18-2023, 01:06 PM
Bro, you joined in Dec of 2021
None of this is new to you.

If I managed to figure out that I needed to chill out three or four months into this.

Why are you still trying to go 100mph in a residential area?

I've already cut my rosters to 53, at the time I had seven or eight teams, now I only have three.

Stop acting brand new.

Would you prefer he set a date and release something with a ton of bugs?

Or set a date and then move it back three or four times.

When it is ready to go, I am sure you will get an Email.

Other than that.

You are just instigating more frustration amongst the entire simulation.

I have mine cut to 53 also......I respect the fact that you are usually the instigator on matters like this, but I have taken the lead of trying to find out dates. That's all I am asking. Give us the goal line location, even if it has to be moved. If cdcox told me the season would start on June 1 (or any other date), I would cease asking.

UmmBerrto
02-18-2023, 02:02 PM
I have mine cut to 53 also......I respect the fact that you are usually the instigator on matters like this, but I have taken the lead of trying to find out dates. That's all I am asking. Give us the goal line location, even if it has to be moved. If cdcox told me the season would start on June 1 (or any other date), I would cease asking.

There isn't one you jack wagon.

He doesn't know

If he knew for sure, he would tell you.

Go watch a movie and stfu