PDA

View Full Version : I am going to keep asking until I get an answer!

smackawits
02-12-2023, 05:03 PM
I have asked many times without a concrete answer, so I will continue to ask:

When is the cutdown date to 53 roster players?
What is the intention for bot teams to fill rosters to 53 players or will they simply run with their 30+ players and their all-star SFA's?
When will restricted FA begin for those of us paying attention?
What is the anticipated date for the first week's games?

I understand that dates can be pushed back considering the problems the KennyBStopped has created for you and the fact that this appears to be a hobby instead of a business, but there HAS to be a calendar that should state at least the target date for these important dates. How are the few of us that are paying attention and trying to improve our teams keep our interest up if we just keep checking everyday with the same issues not being addressed? This is probably the reason there are so many bot teams.

For the record in Bills-1, there are only three teams at 53 players including my team (GRS, Roch, Syr)
6 teams are above the 53 player limit (Akron, Aug, Chicago, Dubuque, Minn, and SPL)
The other FIFTEEN teams are under the 53 man limit...some significantly (4 teams with under 40 players, 12 teams under 50 players)

Please respond with target dates for cutdown, restricted FA, and expected first week games.

Please tell us what will be done....if anything....to fill the bot teams to their 53 player limit (I suggest that AFTER RFA any teams under the limit re-sign their players currently at 0 years on contract to one year contracts to try to minimize long term damage to any potential replacement GM's that actually want to participate. This should be easily done at the cost of one salary point. I see two bad outcomes for those teams seriously under-manned....1) more salary points would be available to a GM who takes over that team because salary points will be grossly out of proportion to those teams that have payed attention and filled their rosters. 2) We need less SFA playing time, not more.

I will ask again in a couple days if we do not get the response that those of us paying attention are deserved.

cdcox
02-12-2023, 07:27 PM
As you mentioned, the Kenny B. Stopped incident has thrown a wrench into the schedule.

Before moving into 53-man roster cuts and limited free agency, I would like to do the following to make cheater-trades more difficult:
write code to prevent trades with teams owned by bots
write code to limit the frequency that an owner can change teams within one league
write code to track trades between owners, to substantiate charges of collusion going into the future
reallow owners to adopt abandoned teams

This shouldn't be too hard, but it's probably a day-long project.

Switching into 53-man roster cuts and limited free agency is almost ready to go. It will take maybe an hour, but I want to do it on a Saturday or Sunday in case something goes wrong. I have set a goal of getting this going by next Sunday.

I don't have a good answer for leagues with mostly abandoned teams. The game was envisioned to work when most teams in a league had active owners. The bot software and the concept of street free agents were designed only to keep things going, without really fielding competitive teams. Writing a decent AI for making intelligent moves in free agency and evaluating trades is a huge lift. Your suggestion about letting them retain their 0-year players is a good idea, and I will implement that.

The best outcomes would be for active owners to be concentrated in leagues with other active owners. The most active leagues are: Chiefs1, Raiders1, Bengals1, Bills1, Jets1, Dophins1, and Pats1.

cdcox
02-12-2023, 09:00 PM
Ok, this part is done:

JackCarsten
02-13-2023, 01:56 AM
As you mentioned, the Kenny B. Stopped incident has thrown a wrench into the schedule.

Before moving into 53-man roster cuts and limited free agency, I would like to do the following to make cheater-trades more difficult:
write code to limit the frequency that an owner can change teams within one league
write code to track trades between owners, to substantiate charges of collusion going into the future
reallow owners to adopt abandoned teams

This shouldn't be too hard, but it's probably a day-long project.

Switching into 53-man roster cuts and limited free agency is almost ready to go. It will take maybe an hour, but I want to do it on a Saturday or Sunday in case something goes wrong. I have set a goal of getting this going by next Sunday.

I don't have a good answer for leagues with mostly abandoned teams. The game was envisioned to work when most teams in a league had active owners. The bot software and the concept of street free agents were designed only to keep things going, without really fielding competitive teams. Writing a decent AI for making intelligent moves in free agency and evaluating trades is a huge lift. Your suggestion about letting them retain their 0-year players is a good idea, and I will implement that.

The best outcomes would be for active owners to be concentrated in leagues with other active owners. The most active leagues are: Chiefs1, Raiders1, Bengals1, Bills1, Jets1, Dophins1, and Pats1.

Have you thought of doing leagues with active owners like you mentioned previously? Seemed like a good idea to find the most active 24 owners and create a league with them in it.

UmmBerrto
02-13-2023, 03:19 AM
Have you thought of doing leagues with active owners like you mentioned previously? Seemed like a good idea to find the most active 24 owners and create a league with them in it.

I like the Idea I had of a league for SandBox Bowl Winners

Kingswood
02-13-2023, 04:34 AM
I like the Idea I had of a league for SandBox Bowl Winners

Have there been 24 separate Sandbox Bowl champions who are still active to fill a league?

pit1232
02-13-2023, 05:11 PM
I like the idea of putting active teams together. But would that be the the rest of the time or just until all of the teams in the league you are in full up. For the time being that sound good. But I think you would have a lot of things to work out if you are going to do that for the rest of the time. If you could make a seperate league to do that were all the active owners can go to that would be great. An not lose what they work on in the league they are in. cdcox said there are 7 league with the most active owner in them and i am in 3 of them. I know we need to fine a way to keep people active in the league and to want to keep playing the game to see what they can do with the team they made in that league but I think we need to fine out why they don't keep up with it and fine a way to keep them. I think with all the Kenny B stopped really hurt what was going on with the game so I am hoping thing get back to were they were before all this happen. So what you come up I will support it one way or other so keep us up to date but keep the good work going I can't wait to see all the things you come up with this year

UmmBerrto
02-14-2023, 04:15 PM
Mr. COX

On behalf of all those who started very impatient, and learned over time, to relax and enjoy the game that you have created so far.

Take your time, enjoy your life, your family and your passion to continue building this beautiful little piece of the world.

I don't know that I ever publicly apologized for the way I entered this world.

The approach I had to the frustrating concepts of wait, wait, wait, waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait.

Were not handled well by me.

Your product is AWESOME, again.

Take your time and release your updates when you are comfortable with the work you are putting in.

Be Quentin Tarantino, release the version, you are satisfied with.

We will wait, we will gladly Wait.

For the new born players, I can only say,

"if it's not ready soon, just wait a little longer."

-Author Unknown-

smackawits
02-14-2023, 05:01 PM
Mr. COX

On behalf of all those who started very impatient, and learned over time, to relax and enjoy the game that you have created so far.

Take your time, enjoy your life, your family and your passion to continue building this beautiful little piece of the world.

I don't know that I ever publicly apologized for the way I entered this world.

The approach I had to the frustrating concepts of wait, wait, wait, waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait.

Were not handled well by me.

Your product is AWESOME, again.

Take your time and release your updates when you are comfortable with the work you are putting in.

Be Quentin Tarantino, release the version, you are satisfied with.

We will wait, we will gladly Wait.

For the new born players, I can only say,

"if it's not ready soon, just wait a little longer."

-Author Unknown-

I like the new you!