PDA

View Full Version : compensatory pick

pit1232
02-11-2023, 04:48 PM
In the Nfl they have compensatory pick that start in round three to seven for team that lost player threw free agent. I was wondering if you though of that. This could work in a lot of ways. One if someone drop a team and all the other owners pick that team a part in free agent when there is no owner running that team they would have so compensatory pick in the next draft to help them with build the team back up threw that draft or they can trade them just like the teams in the NFL do. So how this would work say John Doe is on a team that lose there owner and free agent start. the other owner bid on him and say the highest bid is 50 dollars on him there would be a scale for the player that get pick up say round 3 players that get bid 50 or higher get a 3 round draft for that player from 30 to 49 that would get a 4th round pick them 20 to 29 would get a 5th round pick. so that would be up to you to work out the scale for those compensatory picks it is just an idea that i though you could look into if you like this. And I ask a few time before if you have any plan for a IR roster so we could keep a player we drafted and in training camp or in the preseason so we dont have to carry him for a full year and we dont have to cut him and try to bid on him the next year seeing we pay for him and he has a few years on his contract