PDA

View Full Version : Draft in Patiots1

cdcox
02-05-2023, 10:56 PM
Because of the trading clandestine trading with bots, I've paused the rookie draft in Patriots1.

I'm planning to reverse all of the trades made with bots in recent weeks. The question is what to do with the draft in Patriost1?

I can think of two ways to proceed.

1. Restart the draft after restoring all the picks to their original team.

2. Award the players drafted to the team that originally held the pick and continue on with the draft.

Open to opinions here.

JackCarsten
02-05-2023, 11:19 PM
I’d say restart draft because walker was someone I was targeting and he went 7th. But I’m ok with just letting the players go to original team cause I’m happy with my draft besides that.

UmmBerrto
02-05-2023, 11:32 PM
Because of the trading clandestine trading with bots, I've paused the rookie draft in Patriots1.

I'm planning to reverse all of the trades made with bots in recent weeks. The question is what to do with the draft in Patriost1?

2. Award the players drafted to the team that originally held the pick and continue on with the draft.

Open to opinions here.

I am fine with keeping the draft going.

Kingswood
02-05-2023, 11:43 PM

Open to opinions here.

I'm good with the draft continuing as well. It hasn't effected me since I've moved out of the early rounds anyway

Cmcm2297
02-06-2023, 12:36 AM
I would like to start over as I put zero effort or thought into my pick because I thought it was being restarted. Now I'm fine with the player I got so if everyone else wants to continue that's fine but I'd rather start over and have a clean slate

JackCarsten
02-06-2023, 12:38 AM
I would like to start over as I put zero effort or thought into my pick because I thought it was being restarted. Now I'm fine with the player I got so if everyone else wants to continue that's fine but I'd rather start over and have a clean slate

This is where I’m at.

Samdarnoldsucks21
02-06-2023, 01:21 AM
I would prefer to continue the draft

ddeyarman
02-06-2023, 02:07 AM
I am fine continuing the draft, if I understand this properly. My concern is, how will we know which trades were made with bots? I certainly didn't use any, and if the people I traded with did, I would like the chance to revisit some trade options before the draft commences. This is a mess. I also think that if we are 100% sure someone is using a bot that caused all this mess, there should be sanctions against them.

cdcox
02-06-2023, 05:04 AM
You can still respond with your preference if you're in Patriots1. It could be a couple more days before I am ready to restart the draft.

MasterMind
02-06-2023, 11:50 AM
I’d say restart draft because walker was someone I was targeting and he went 7th. But I’m ok with just letting the players go to original team cause I’m happy with my draft besides that.

Did you have a pick prior to #9? I moved from #9 to #7. #7 would have gone #9.

JackCarsten
02-06-2023, 03:35 PM
Did you have a pick prior to #9? I moved from #9 to #7. #7 would have gone #9.

How are you not banned? I get what you are saying. Its just if I knew there was a chance the draft would continue I would have been more aggressive trading up. Like I would have been aggressive moving up to get Pierce (RB) if Walker was gone as you said you would have taken him at 9. So like CM said the effort with draft wasn't that big given we thought it was going to restart. But I'll live if it continues. Just not thrilled about it.

Cmcm2297
02-06-2023, 04:54 PM
Yeah there was no effort/urgency being put in to the draft as far as moving up as I thought it was all restarting a handful of players I was heavily targeting have been drafted since all of this after all if thus plus my own pick which I didn't really care about as I thought it was restarting

UmmBerrto
02-06-2023, 09:57 PM

Open to opinions here.

Let's restart

Only way to be fair

Samdarnoldsucks21
02-06-2023, 11:28 PM
Agreed, could we turn the bot teams on auto though

UmmBerrto
02-07-2023, 02:59 AM

Ijs 15 minutes?

Kingswood
02-07-2023, 03:43 AM

That would be great, they're only going down the list so no point in waiting for what we know is coming.

cdcox
02-09-2023, 03:59 AM
Considering the input in this thread, I decided to restart the draft at 9:00 Eastern Time on Saturday. There were opinions on both sides of the question, but since I gave an indication earlier that the draft would be restarted, I wanted to be fair to the people who didn't really engage in the draft while it continued on for a day. I will also send an email to everyone in the league explaining the situation.

If I have time, I will make it so the bot teams pick immediately.

Kingswood
02-09-2023, 03:05 PM
Considering the input in this thread, I decided to restart the draft at 9:00 Eastern Time on Saturday. There were opinions on both sides of the question, but since I gave an indication earlier that the draft would be restarted, I wanted to be fair to the people who didn't really engage in the draft while it continued on for a day. I will also send an email to everyone in the league explaining the situation.

Thanks CD for all the time and energy put into regaining order, and for automating the bots if you get the chance

JackCarsten
02-09-2023, 04:46 PM

Thanks CDCOX for handling this. I know its taken lot of time and set back the other leagues timing so really appreciate it.

mdboucher
02-09-2023, 06:14 PM
I just took over a team in patriots1, and it looks like Travon Walker is already assigned to a roster, I assume a leftover from the aborted draft. Just want to be sure he's included on saturday

cdcox
02-10-2023, 02:20 AM
I just took over a team in patriots1, and it looks like Travon Walker is already assigned to a roster, I assume a leftover from the aborted draft. Just want to be sure he's included on saturday

Thanks, somehow the algorithm missed him.

ddeyarman
02-10-2023, 05:59 PM
If we are re-setting all of th traded drat picks, I would prefer to redo the draft completely, with a little lead time to try and trade back to the picks we want.

JackCarsten
02-10-2023, 06:45 PM
If we are re-setting all of th traded drat picks, I would prefer to redo the draft completely, with a little lead time to try and trade back to the picks we want.

Cdcox only reset the trades sanantonio bulls made with Bots. Everything else is good. He was done with it yesterday so that gave us yesterday and today to make trades.

mdboucher
02-10-2023, 07:39 PM
I took over the San Antonio Bulls yesterday, didn't realize that was one of the cheating teams! I threw out a ton of trade offers yesterday, so if anyone in Patriots1 is seeing a trade offer and unsure, SA Bulls has a new manager and they're legit offers