PDA

View Full Version : Kevin and Company

UmmBerrto
11-27-2022, 05:31 PM
Any thoughts on the subject of increasing the roster size to include practice squad players?

There used to be 10 players on the Practice Squad, since the Covid issues there are now 16.

A ten player increase in roster size to 63 would make a lot of sense to me.

Solve a lot of the issues of SFA and injuries, and it does so by following the pattern of what the NFL is already doing.

The NFL probably started the practice squad for all the same reasons that it makes sense in this game.

pit1232
11-27-2022, 06:02 PM
I like that very much. see some of my player were injury before the season or like the first few week and they are out for the season that way we dont have to cut players that have two or three years lift on there contract. see that we have the roster that can g0 to 80 players we can keep player that we would have cut to make the 53 man roster and the nfl has a practice squad and just like the nfl they still pick up player in the season so that way if we dont have a player to full that spot we can still use a street player .

UmmBerrto
11-27-2022, 08:01 PM
Right, because with the current 53-man roster and a few guys out for the year, we either have to cut guys we have already paid, and want to keep, or play shorthanded with random guys that we have no influence over.

Then come back next year and repay the same guys we already paid but had to cut, if we want those same guys back when they get healthy.

Expanding the roster would make this game more like the NFL.

Kevin
12-04-2022, 07:07 PM
It's a reasonable idea that's worth consideration. I think that right now a lot of programming work is going into making the data coding more efficient, which is a change that will be invisible to users. So user changes might be a little lower on the priority list right now. Management apologizes for this inconvenience.