PDA

View Full Version : Injury

pit1232
10-24-2022, 07:15 PM
I know i ask about a IR list so we can put are player on that are injured because there are alot of rookie that are going on the IR this year so we draft a rookie that we will sign to a contact but we will only use him for one week and them we can not use him. But we can put him on IR and get another player that we think that can help us and not a street player. what dose other people think? I know i would like to see it

smackawits
10-25-2022, 11:55 AM
I know i ask about a IR list so we can put are player on that are injured because there are alot of rookie that are going on the IR this year so we draft a rookie that we will sign to a contact but we will only use him for one week and them we can not use him. But we can put him on IR and get another player that we think that can help us and not a street player. what dose other people think? I know i would like to see it

I would not mind the "street free agents" if they performed like the dregs of the league rather than all-pro players. I played our recent sandbox season on another platform recently and got much more realistic results. The SFA's that led teams to sandbox victories all fell to the bottom of the heep. I did substitute real player SFA when necessary and they performed pretty crappy (like they should have in sandbox.

The problem as I see it is the programming that would be needed to allow this to happen. This is still a part time project for cd......I don't know if the programming could be done at this time.

Kevin
10-25-2022, 11:48 PM
Yeah, we don't have an IR system. The street free agent system is a proxy for that. Otherwise, a lot of things get complicated like managing salary points.

UmmBerrto
10-26-2022, 06:43 PM
Yeah, we don't have an IR system. The street free agent system is a proxy for that. Otherwise, a lot of things get complicated like managing salary points.

Each Free agent Pick up for the IR could just as easy be 1 salary point for the remainder of the season, or 1 salary point for the game they are being used for, if the team has no money available, they would not be able to sign a free agent replacement mid-season of their choice, then that team would end up with your street free agent or be forced to play someone out of position.

Also, not to beat the dead, however, extending Mid-Season Trades to mirror the NFL trade deadline would also help a bit with this issue.

Kevin
11-04-2022, 12:11 AM
We appreciate the suggestion and will take it into consideration. I don't know the programming effort involved in such changes, so I'll just nod and smile at the moment.