PDA

View Full Version : rookie draft

pit1232
10-20-2022, 02:21 PM
If you look at the draft board that is on the left side this is up this is how they were draft in this years draft by the nfl teams in the order of there win lose record and not by the player ranking this year. if you look up any draft board for this year draft the top player was Keyvon Thibodeaux and he was a edge rush and the next player was Ikem Ekwonu OL then it was Evan Neal OT and so on that what i mean that the way i see it because there was not a QB in the top 20 pick at all in the players ranking but if you look at 20 pick on the board it was Kenny Pickett and that is were the steeler draft him

Cmcm2297
10-20-2022, 03:01 PM
The Draft pool sets up in the order they were picked in real life. You can set your own draft board however you would like it

UmmBerrto
10-20-2022, 04:00 PM
If you look at the draft board that is on the left side this is up this is how they were draft in this years draft by the nfl teams in the order of there win lose record and not by the player ranking this year. if you look up any draft board for this year draft the top player was Keyvon Thibodeaux and he was a edge rush and the next player was Ikem Ekwonu OL then it was Evan Neal OT and so on that what i mean that the way i see it because there was not a QB in the top 20 pick at all in the players ranking but if you look at 20 pick on the board it was Kenny Pickett and that is were the steeler draft him

I understand what you are saying pit.

Just seems to me that most draft boards are subjective, but the actual NFL draft results are universal.

My guess is that it is easier to keep everyone on the same page this way.

I pull up pro football reference information as well as pff and Madden, they all have different information, at the end of the day, the way they are doing it here is uniform and simplistic.

One of the benefits of drafting rookies after the season has started, is we get to see how they are actually playing out, so, pre-draft rankings mean even less today than they did back in April.

tophardtjr
10-20-2022, 05:23 PM
I made up a que of like 30 players and when it came to my pick Pickett was the highest available, i am an active owner this is not any kind of farce.

UmmBerrto
10-20-2022, 05:39 PM
I made up a que of like 30 players and when it came to my pick Pickett was the highest available, i am an active owner this is not any kind of farce.

Who said anything about a Farce?

pit1232
10-20-2022, 11:03 PM
to me you took all of the work out off the draft Yes i know that i did the same thing by making my own draft board from doing all of the work but that is were you fine out who had a good draft but by this way it don't matter if you did good or not because they took all the work out of it

mdboucher
10-20-2022, 11:23 PM
They have to order it in some way--what would make MORE sense than the actual draft order?
Mock drafts and player rankings from separate sites will differ. I don't feel there's any work taken out of it, quite the opposite. We don't know the actual ratings of these players as coded in sandbox, only the information that is most widely available--the order they were picked