PDA

View Full Version : Cdcox question

JohnMeynardie
10-13-2022, 02:37 PM
Yesterday one of my free agents was signed by another team. I immediately matched the offer. The game has not awarded the player to me.

Does the game award the player only after 24 hours regardless of when the offer is matched or is there a glitch?

I don’t wish to lose a potential pro bowl safety on a game glitch. I am also making a record that I have attempted to match salaries.

Dolphins1 league, Brooklyn Bombers, player Talanoa Hufanga.

Thank you

smackawits
10-13-2022, 10:12 PM
I tried to communicate with CDCOX and Kevin regarding "matching" an offer by another team but I could not get them to respond within the 24 hour window. The rules say that you must go one additional year in order to retain the player. My player (Ekugam) had been bid for two years by another coach, but when I got the email it forced me to go 4 YEARS instead of 3 years, burning an additional 18 salary points. They should really make themselves available for questions like this.

JohnMeynardie
10-13-2022, 10:21 PM
Mine said accept or decline. I chose accept but did not accept it apparently. The numbers were those of the winning bid and maybe I could have changed the numbers but it didn't look like it. I remember the rule about 1 extra year but they also repeatedly use the term "matching" which is more than ambiguous. At any rate, I've had no response. Fortunately, we're a friendly group and I'll work something out with the bidder: bid for him and then trade, compensate him with players or some combination. But hitting accept, should not be an option if you can't actually accept.

cdcox
10-14-2022, 12:02 AM
It appears there is an error. I will have to look at it. It might be Saturday before I have time. In the meantime 1) list any players you tried to sign and 2) if anyone has better luck in matching an offer, post here.

cdcox
10-14-2022, 12:15 AM
I just re-signed two of my FA and everything worked as designed. Head scratcher. I’ll as some follow up questions later.

cdcox
10-14-2022, 01:56 AM
John, Smack, Here is how it is supposed to work. Please confirm that you saw each step.

1. When you click on the link to take you to the FA page, instead of going to that page, see a single line with your player asking of you want to match. Your options are to accept or decline. Did you see that?
2. When you click on the accept button, you should get a popup asking you to confirm. Did you see that?
3. After you confirm, it will deduct the salary points and add the contract back to your roster.

Like I say, it worked as designed for me.

JohnMeynardie
10-14-2022, 02:06 AM
Yes I followed those three things precisely. The winning bidder has agreed to send him to me and I'll either bid on something for him or trade him something of value, but it would be easier for all concerned if I could re-sign him as I intended. thanks for the reply.

cdcox
10-14-2022, 03:27 AM
John, I put the counter offer opportunity back in place. Please try again and let me know if it works this time.

UmmBerrto
10-14-2022, 03:33 AM
It appears there is an error. I will have to look at it. It might be Saturday before I have time. In the meantime 1) list any players you tried to sign and 2) if anyone has better luck in matching an offer, post here.

Ouch, I did not know this could be a problem; I have signed a few guys via the accept option, I could not tell you who those guys were or what league they were in; (one of the hazards of running six teams). I have no idea if it worked or not.

I guess it really doesn't matter since I cannot remember them.

JohnMeynardie
10-14-2022, 12:44 PM
I’m going to try but the screen has the contract listed as the same as the winning bid, not one year more. And there isn’t a way to change it. Could this be the problem? I have a screenshot if you need it. Going to hit accept and see what happens.

JohnMeynardie
10-14-2022, 12:47 PM
Does not appear to have worked. If I need to add a year, there is no way on my screen to do that.

smackawits
10-14-2022, 02:10 PM
I also followed all three steps. I resigned the player, but at the cost of 1 additional year (2 years in all) and 18 additional salary points.

cdcox
10-15-2022, 01:33 AM
Does not appear to have worked. If I need to add a year, there is no way on my screen to do that.

Ok, I believe I have found the error. Try again. It is a 5 year contract at 47 salary points.

cdcox
10-15-2022, 01:48 AM
I tried to communicate with CDCOX and Kevin regarding "matching" an offer by another team but I could not get them to respond within the 24 hour window. The rules say that you must go one additional year in order to retain the player. My player (Ekugam) had been bid for two years by another coach, but when I got the email it forced me to go 4 YEARS instead of 3 years, burning an additional 18 salary points. They should really make themselves available for questions like this.

I reduced Ekugam's contract by one year and added 18 salary points to your total. The same "off-by-one error" that caused John's issue also caused yours. Should be fixed on future bids.

JohnMeynardie
10-15-2022, 01:52 AM
Ok, that seems to work. It was 47 salary points and 5 years. I accepted which put him on my roster but only for 4 years. If you can give me that 5th year I'd appreciate it but either way I'm thrilled I actually got him. Thanks.

cdcox
10-15-2022, 01:58 AM
Ok, that seems to work. It was 47 salary points and 5 years. I accepted which put him on my roster but only for 4 years. If you can give me that 5th year I'd appreciate it but either way I'm thrilled I actually got him. Thanks.

All good and fixed.

smackawits
10-15-2022, 11:41 AM
I reduced Ekugam's contract by one year and added 18 salary points to your total. The same "off-by-one error" that caused John's issue also caused yours. Should be fixed on future bids.

thanks...appreciate the fix

Phog
10-21-2022, 04:38 PM
Ok, so Leonard Floyd in Chiefs1 I bid for 4 years, and it's showing 3 years....and Mark Glowinksi I had to retain by bidding for 2 years, and it's showing 1year. Quandre Diggs I bid for 4 years, and it's showing 3. Everything else looks good so far. Thanks

Edit: Also, it looks like in Raiders1, I bid on C David Andrews, and it's been well over 24 hours since I won the bid, but it's still showing the old team as current owner.

Phog
10-25-2022, 01:03 PM
Ok, so Leonard Floyd in Chiefs1 I bid for 4 years, and it's showing 3 years....and Mark Glowinksi I had to retain by bidding for 2 years, and it's showing 1year. Quandre Diggs I bid for 4 years, and it's showing 3. Everything else looks good so far. Thanks

Edit: Also, it looks like in Raiders1, I bid on C David Andrews, and it's been well over 24 hours since I won the bid, but it's still showing the old team as current owner.

Ok, so I retained another player in FA and it only gave 2 yrs when I bid 3yrs to retain him. TE Everett, retained with a bid of 22 (3 yrs) in Chiefs1 league. j/s