PDA

View Full Version : Position Reassignments

Chilly
09-09-2022, 07:38 PM
Is there or can there be provided a simple list for each position (especially defensive line and linebackers but all positions would be helpful) that provides what players can play each position and a general designation of how much a penalty there is for being out of position?

I would imagine it goes something like this:

QB = None

RG = G (no penalty), LG (minor penalty?) C (minor penalty), T (medium penalty)

TE = FB (minor penalty), G (medium penalty), WR (medium penalty)

3/4 Defense

NT =

DE =

ILB =

4/3 Defense

DT

DE

You get the point. Its very difficult to align my roster, available players and what scheme I want to run when I cannot determine if a player will be effective playing out of position.

Thank you,

Chad

Kingswood
09-09-2022, 08:04 PM
Is there or can there be provided a simple list for each position (especially defensive line and linebackers but all positions would be helpful) that provides what players can play each position and a general designation of how much a penalty there is for being out of position?

I would imagine it goes something like this:

QB = None

RG = G (no penalty), LG (minor penalty?) C (minor penalty), T (medium penalty)

TE = FB (minor penalty), G (medium penalty), WR (medium penalty)

3/4 Defense

NT =

DE =

ILB =

4/3 Defense

DT

DE

You get the point. Its very difficult to align my roster, available players and what scheme I want to run when I cannot determine if a player will be effective playing out of position.

Thank you,

Chad

This would be a huge help. It's impossible to determine the effects of your lineup when the game results are so random. Do I lose pressure putting a DE3 at DE4? Do NT have an advantage over DT in 3-4 schemes? What about a safety at LB or a SS at FS? Would a CB have a penalty for playing S? Too many variables and not enough information. Matchups would be amazing too. It would be nice to know if one of my safeties or a corner is giving up big plays.

Wind From West
09-10-2022, 01:45 AM
The site is down now but its listed clearly what positions give the best results in the 4-3 and 3-4...just like the nfl. Also says that playing someone outta ANY position may not produce the best results.

Chilly
09-10-2022, 04:44 PM
I understand that Wind...based on your comment is it better to use a DT in place of a NT in the 3/4 or a street free agent? Same with using OL or a FB or a 6'5" 230lb WR for a TE? Is a street free agent at FS better than a SS or CB? How about a C playing RG? I cannot see any statistic that provides feedback on the effect of these changes and there is no information as to the impact of using out of position players. I'm not looking for the simulation code with the exact reduction, just enough information to be able to make an informed decision on how I set my lineup...especially when I have positional injuries and no way to bring in another player during the season.

Wind From West
09-10-2022, 07:43 PM
I understand. This Sim is frustrating at times.

I drafted two rookie T's who are listed as starters @ G. Im hoping their positions are updated?
I don't know if theres a formula either but with my D I run the 4-3 with both teams so all I use is DT & DE4, LB. With my linebackers I avoid the ILB & OLB since they're a 3-4 dominant position, same with DE3 & NT.
Problem is there's not many designated NT's. Sorta why Ive stayed with 4-3. Iirc, you're dinged more for players waay outta position vs. a NT & DT? Ive never had that issue yet to worry about.

Pretty sure cox has said using at least someone outta position is better than street free agents but we've all seen how well the sfa's do, lol.

I remember asking about using WRs as RB's ala Debo but the code, statistics aren't there or something.

I try playing my guys at their listed positions. R or L CB or FS vs. SS.
Iirc Ive played O lineman @ the TE position...big man touchdowns, lol, but nothing ever come out of it.
TE's don't get any respect with this Sim tho.

Problem is you'll never find any stats on playing people out of position or using SFAs. It can be frustrating.

UmmBerrto
09-10-2022, 08:26 PM
I understand that Wind...based on your comment is it better to use a DT in place of a NT in the 3/4 or a street free agent? Same with using OL or a FB or a 6'5" 230lb WR for a TE? Is a street free agent at FS better than a SS or CB? How about a C playing RG? I cannot see any statistic that provides feedback on the effect of these changes and there is no information as to the impact of using out of position players. I'm not looking for the simulation code with the exact reduction, just enough information to be able to make an informed decision on how I set my lineup...especially when I have positional injuries and no way to bring in another player during the season.

You ae not the only one who see things this way, what these guys are capable of, they are giving us their absolute best.

Best we can hope for is continued success of the site and an influx of capital that will allow them to bring in some guys fulltime who can write the necessary code.

Until then, I take solace in the basic truth that nobody really knows, save for the few guys who keep their own records of every game and every play.

Those guys deserve to be the best, my life has too much going on to invest a couple dozen hours a week into any game.

But for the non-socially-functional, I wish you continued success at the top of the board.

pit1232
09-13-2022, 02:38 AM
in the Pro some player can play G and T but when you draft him it only said one position in the game so he is good for that one. and when it come the playing defense the pro will use a two defense line man and five lb in some down so how can you say that a lb is not as good as a de in the simulation the pro use many line up for each down in the game today that is play it not like the 60 and 70 when they only use a 4-3 or 3-4.

Wind From West
09-13-2022, 03:21 AM
in the Pro some player can play G and T but when you draft him it only said one position in the game so he is good for that one. and when it come the playing defense the pro will use a two defense line man and five lb in some down so how can you say that a lb is not as good as a de in the simulation the pro use many line up for each down in the game today that is play it not like the 60 and 70 when they only use a 4-3 or 3-4.

I have no idea man.

I'm just an objective player that bitches about ****. This isn't a new Sim so I get frustrated with it sometimes.