PDA

View Full Version : Physical attributes vs Stats

Cmcm2297
08-16-2022, 04:32 PM
Do things like a players speed or strength get taken into consideration for the sim or is it strictly statistics driven.

Chilly
08-16-2022, 06:41 PM
I do not have an answer to your question as far as the simulation is concerned, but the logical reply would be a player's speed and strength are likely the reason he received the statistics.

Cmcm2297
08-16-2022, 07:33 PM
I do not have an answer to your question as far as the simulation is concerned, but the logical reply would be a player's speed and strength are likely the reason he received the statistics.

Stats could also be based off of situation. Plenty of fast people who weren't good or slower people that were good. Based on the situation they are put in. While scouting rookies I would like to know if speed and strength matters. If speed doesn't matter then why get a fast QB why not any qb and just have them run. Plenty of reasons to know if these things matter and Plenty of situations to say these don't go hand and hand

cdcox
08-16-2022, 11:43 PM
The simulations are based on stats, not physical attributes. When drafting rookies, you have to project how they will play without having seen them play at the NFL level. When I do my drafting, I will use physical attributes as an input to making those projections.

UmmBerrto
08-17-2022, 02:50 AM
The simulations are based on stats, not physical attributes. When drafting rookies, you have to project how they will play without having seen them play at the NFL level. When I do my drafting, I will use physical attributes as an input to making those projections.

¿HUH? What did you just say?

smackawits
08-17-2022, 12:34 PM
he said he uses the same data that NFL scouts use.....

UmmBerrto
08-17-2022, 12:49 PM
he said he uses the same data that NFL scouts use.....

No that is not what he said.

What he said was

The simulation is not based on physical attributes.

However, when there is no data,

he uses physical attributes to predict the simulation.

What came first, the chicken or the egg?

Cmcm2297
08-17-2022, 01:11 PM

Ok Thank you!

smackawits
08-17-2022, 03:09 PM

What he said was

I get what he's saying, even if you don't.

UmmBerrto
08-17-2022, 04:35 PM
I get what he's saying, even if you don't.

I didn't say I didn't get it

I just added an obligatory HUH??.

HE SHOULD BE A POLITICIAN.

He pulled that off without a single mark but my own.

I'm not surprised this whole instance is above your head and most everyone else's.

I swim in the deepest oceans and the highest heights of the atmosphere simultaneously.

smackawits
08-17-2022, 04:57 PM

I'm not surprised this whole instance is above your head and most everyone else's.

I swim in the deepest oceans and the highest heights of the atmosphere simultaneously.

please enlighten the masses with your eternal knowledge and tell us what you "get". Try to use normal sentences instead of pretending you are an intellectual....

Kingswood
08-17-2022, 04:58 PM

Is that a metaphor for you being bipolar?

cdcox
08-17-2022, 05:11 PM

What he said was

No, I said I use physical attributes to draft. I play the game too. ;)

UmmBerrto
08-17-2022, 05:35 PM

I am not saying anything different then what you said.

Man y'all are like women when it comes to holding on to negativity.

Y'all are so angry and threatened by me you can't even see the forest through the trees

Chilly
08-17-2022, 05:58 PM
No UmmBerto, you changed the statement to fit your point. It's called spin in the PR/politics world. What CD said was very clear. The simulation does not use physical attributes. CD personally uses physical attributes setting up for his DRAFT board because there are no statistics for rookies who haven't played a down.

I'm not threatened by you, but your attempts to prove you are the smartest through bullying language are tiresome. You have some good points, but they are overridden by your delivery resulting in your statements no longer carrying weight, only vitriol.

UmmBerrto
08-17-2022, 06:05 PM
No UmmBerto, you changed the statement to fit your point. It's called spin in the PR/politics world. What CD said was very clear. The simulation does not use physical attributes. CD personally uses physical attributes setting up for his DRAFT board because there are no statistics for rookies who haven't played a down.

I'm not threatened by you, but your attempts to prove you are the smartest through bullying language are tiresome. You have some good points, but they are overridden by your delivery resulting in your statements no longer carrying weight, only vitriol.

Ok for the last time.

That is exactly what I said.

Get a grip on reality and stop looking for a reason to argue with me.

Or at least pick an argument that you have some ground to stand on.

smackawits
08-18-2022, 02:24 PM

which we all knew, except for Bertie

UmmBerrto
08-19-2022, 08:01 PM
I hope y'all figure this sim out, somebody had Cooper Kupp in 2021 and now they are offering him up for a trade; so I looked to see what his stats were this year, since he had a ridiculous performance in 2021 and your sim is supposed to be based on that years performance.

Not even close, Kupp only produced about 60% of the yards and 20% of the TD in the sim for that league, than he produced in real life.

I won't speak on TE production, most everyone is disappointed in those guys.

I know all your rebuttals about other factors, but all that is a big whatever to most people by now.

I truly believe you guys are trying your best and what you have made is absolutely amazing to be a participant in.

I hope you get this games next evolution to an app on Google or Apple or somewhere you can get some funding so that you can hire some people who can take this thing places you may not be capable of taking it.

I am appreciative of the product you have provided and the open forum to speak frankly and uncensored.

99% of the time, passionate people aren't willing to allow themselves to be exposed to open criticism about their efforts, especially from strangers.

Way to hang in there all these years.

I look forward to seeing the new version.

"Keep the continuing"
-Sammy Sosa-

cdcox
08-20-2022, 01:26 AM
I hope y'all figure this sim out, somebody had Cooper Kupp in 2021 and now they are offering him up for a trade; so I looked to see what his stats were this year, since he had a ridiculous performance in 2021 and your sim is supposed to be based on that years performance.

Not even close, Kupp only produced about 60% of the yards and 20% of the TD in the sim for that league, than he produced in real life.

I won't speak on TE production, most everyone is disappointed in those guys.

I know all your rebuttals about other factors, but all that is a big whatever to most people by now.

I looked up Cooper Kupp on Browns1. He gained 1053 on 113 targets from Ben Roethlisberger compared to NFL production of 1947 yards on 191 targets from Matt Stafford. Do you think the number of targets a player gets should affect their yardage gained? Do you think the QB should affect production and targets? Tell me again about "big whatevers.” A players situations and “other factors” absolutely affect a player’s production. Roster building and game planning are going to very much influence a Sandbox player’s performance by design. The sims aren’t perfect but you’re barking up the wrong tree on Cooper Kupp’s production in Browns1. If you passed on a good value trade based on his production in Browns1, you just made a huge mistake.

UmmBerrto
08-20-2022, 01:53 AM
I looked up Cooper Kupp on Browns1. He gained 1053 on 113 targets from Ben Roethlisberger compared to NFL production of 1947 yards on 191 targets from Matt Stafford. Do you think the number of targets a player gets should affect their yardage gained? Do you think the QB should affect production and targets? Tell me again about "big whatevers.” A players situations and “other factors” absolutely affect a player’s production. Roster building and game planning are going to very much influence a Sandbox player’s performance by design. The sims aren’t perfect but you’re barking up the wrong tree on Cooper Kupp’s production in Browns1. If you passed on a good value trade based on his production in Browns1, you just made a huge mistake.

Hey buddy, calm the h down.

I didn't pass on a trade, Kingswood has Kupp and I don't talk to that hypocrite anymore.

Facts are still facts, 60% and 20% or kingwood would not be trying to trade kupp

I am not saying that differences shouldn't be accounted for, I am saying that all in all, your sim doesn't add up, Lamar Jackson in my other league has. 75% completion percentage and a rating of 135. I don't care what kind of line and WR you give Lamar, he was not that accurate in his own dreams.

So yeah, get somebody on the staff that can get it right.

One of the updates you definitely need is the ability to adjust the target share per each player in the offensive game plan.

Kingswood
08-20-2022, 03:33 AM
Hey buddy, calm the h down.

I didn't pass on a trade, Kingswood has Kupp and I don't talk to that hypocrite anymore.

Facts are still facts, 60% and 20% or kingwood would not be trying to trade kupp

I am not saying that differences shouldn't be accounted for, I am saying that all in all, your sim doesn't add up, Lamar Jackson in my other league has. 75% completion percentage and a rating of 135. I don't care what kind of line and WR you give Lamar, he was not that accurate in his own dreams.

So yeah, get somebody on the staff that can get it right.

One of the updates you definitely need is the ability to adjust the target share per each player in the offensive game plan.

I am not trading Kupp, I traded for Kupp...

UmmBerrto
08-20-2022, 03:49 AM
Somebody tell kingwood I said, my mistake, nobody is perfect, & I look forward to kicking his balls into his throat, in an NFL sort of way.

UmmBerrto
08-21-2022, 06:38 AM

Oh yeah, and by the way, Burger, had 500 attempts 30 TD a 72% completion percentage with a 109 rating and 8 int's

So yeah, I still say whatever to your line about effective accurate portraits of the players from year to year.

But I do believe you are doing your level best and I look forward to your newest update and the coming years that we will be able to enjoy it.

After all your claim in this regard is Burger slowed Kupp down..... How, Burger is clearly one of the better QB's in whatever system was being game planned.

Kevin
08-24-2022, 12:41 AM
The draft is interesting at this stage because we have to do what the NFL does and project a player from college to the NFL. The game is based on the previous seasons' production, so by the time the rookies suit up in Sandbox we'll have data on them. But for the draft we have to be draftniks.