PDA

View Full Version : 2022 Rookie Draft Boards are available for leagues done with 2022 simulations

cdcox
08-14-2022, 07:58 PM
Ok, I have advanced the league year to 2022 for most leagues except Dolphins1, Jets1 and Pats1. You should start building your draft boards now. The drafts are all scheduled to begin August 27, 2022 at 1:00 PM. You should have received an email with details.

Challenge play continues to be available, but all simulations will continue to be based on 2021 NFL performances, until sometime in February. All contracts advanced by one year, so some of your players may not be under contract -- that's fine, they will still be available for challenge games until your release them or another team signs them (perhaps in free agency). Once we start drafting rookies, they will not immediately be available for challenge play because we are still simulating off of 2021 data. Rookies won't be officially available for challenge games until sometime in Feburary.

Free agency will begin around the 2nd or 3rd week of the NFL season, and we will roll out players from a few NFL teams each week. Once a player signs for another Sandbox team, they will no longer be available for challenge play on your roster, and will become available for the acquiring team. Free agency will be a new experience this year for all of the leagues.

I'm still part way through with the 2nd phase of the new subscription model. I hope to get that up before the draft. If I do, you will be able to take over existing Sandbox teams owned by inactive people. More later on that.

UmmBerrto
08-14-2022, 08:43 PM
Cool Beans

Kingswood
08-15-2022, 12:53 AM
Ok, I have advanced the league year to 2022 for most leagues except Dolphins1, Jets1 and Pats1. You should start building your draft boards now. The drafts are all scheduled to begin August 27, 2022 at 1:00 PM. You should have received an email with details.

Challenge play continues to be available, but all simulations will continue to be based on 2021 NFL performances, until sometime in February. All contracts advanced by one year, so some of your players may not be under contract -- that's fine, they will still be available for challenge games until your release them or another team signs them (perhaps in free agency). Once we start drafting rookies, they will not immediately be available for challenge play because we are still simulating off of 2021 data. Rookies won't be officially available for challenge games until sometime in Feburary.

Free agency will begin around the 2nd or 3rd week of the NFL season, and we will roll out players from a few NFL teams each week. Once a player signs for another Sandbox team, they will no longer be available for challenge play on your roster, and will become available for the acquiring team. Free agency will be a new experience this year for all of the leagues.

I'm still part way through with the 2nd phase of the new subscription model. I hope to get that up before the draft. If I do, you will be able to take over existing Sandbox teams owned by inactive people. More later on that.

Dolphins1 finished our season today. When will we be advanced to the next season?

Also, some of us are locked out of anything but the forums.

cdcox
08-15-2022, 02:52 AM
Dolphins1 finished our season today. When will we be advanced to the next season?

Also, some of us are locked out of anything but the forums.

I advanced Dophins1 to 2022. Your draft boards should be ready. Also, I was working on a bug earlier tonight and locked access to the game part for a while. It's open again.

misterdizz
08-19-2022, 04:34 PM
How many Rounds is this Rookie Draft?

cdcox
08-19-2022, 05:38 PM
7 round draft

smackawits
08-23-2022, 07:32 PM
If a team is abandoned and no pick is made and a draft board is not set, what happens? Do we move to the next team and they lose the pick? Does a supernatural power make a selection for the rudderless team?

smackawits
08-23-2022, 07:33 PM

what time in the evening will the draft conclude for the day?

cdcox
08-24-2022, 12:07 AM
All Sandbox drafts pause between midnight and 8:00 eastern time. If you have your draft board set, you don’t have to worry about it.

smackawits
08-24-2022, 01:35 AM
All Sandbox drafts pause between midnight and 8:00 eastern time. If you have your draft board set, you don’t have to worry about it.

thanks CD...what about the first question I asked?

cdcox
08-24-2022, 03:58 AM
If a team is abandoned and no pick is made and a draft board is not set, what happens? Do we move to the next team and they lose the pick? Does a supernatural power make a selection for the rudderless team?

Supernatural power makes the pick. But the owner could lose their team and it would become available for another owner. We are trying to concentrate the active owners into the same leagues. There will be some good rebuilding projects…

Phog
08-24-2022, 11:12 PM
Supernatural power makes the pick. But the owner could lose their team and it would become available for another owner. We are trying to concentrate the active owners into the same leagues. There will be some good rebuilding projects…

Would there be a way to have the inactive teams that are for sure inactive set to auto-draft? Some leagues I would imagine have almost half the teams inactive.

Wind From West
08-25-2022, 12:17 AM
Would there be a way to have the inactive teams that are for sure inactive set to auto-draft? Some leagues I would imagine have almost half the teams inactive.

If cd puts "inactive" teams on auto, I can guarantee one of those managers would all of a sudden show up and bitch about not being able to pick. You got a guy on CP bragging how hes never changed the game plans all year and made it to the Sandbowl.

So, for now we gotta wait until time expires for each Joe to get off his ass and let auto pick do it.

Please put my teams in the most competitive leagues.
In my $ fantasy leagues, managers usually never give up.

We need a carrot...

Phog
08-27-2022, 03:50 PM
I suppose so.

smackawits
08-27-2022, 05:05 PM
I see Clarksville is right on top of that first pick...NOT!!!!!!!!! (Bills-1)