PDA

View Full Version : Psa: Playoffs

Kingswood
07-07-2022, 05:45 PM
I just wanted to take a moment to brag that I have three teams and in my first season all three made the playoffs. That's all.

Wind From West
07-07-2022, 07:35 PM
Good job!

I built VV but never did the draft due to not having access to a pc.

Took over Carson City and had about 20 or so players left. Picked up a bunch of low cost players and overbid for John Allen. Team still has lots of needs.

Wildcard for VV and bye for CCA.

Years back when this was in beta I spent everyday researching before the draft. Notebook full, etc., lol.
Great way to kill time when youre paralyzed, lol.

Wind From West
07-07-2022, 07:36 PM
Forgot. I can't edit my posts so I sent you a dm yesterday sir.

Cmcm2297
07-07-2022, 07:59 PM
I also have 3 teams. So far I have 2/2 in the playoffs 3rd is unlikely but still possible if I win my last 2 games and another team loses last 2 games

Kingswood
07-08-2022, 04:50 AM
Good job!

I built VV but never did the draft due to not having access to a pc.

Took over Carson City and had about 20 or so players left. Picked up a bunch of low cost players and overbid for John Allen. Team still has lots of needs.

Wildcard for VV and bye for CCA.

Years back when this was in beta I spent everyday researching before the draft. Notebook full, etc., lol.
Great way to kill time when youre paralyzed, lol.

I drafted the Immortals and picked up the Commanders and Broncos. Picked up the Commanders about a week before the games started and I traded away Brady right before he unretired. Grabbed the Broncos midway through the season and honestly I don't recognize like 70% of that team so squeezing in the Wildcard is a huge win for me lol.

Kingswood
07-08-2022, 04:52 AM
I also have 3 teams. So far I have 2/2 in the playoffs 3rd is unlikely but still possible if I win my last 2 games and another team loses last 2 games

I'll try to help you out with that lol. It would be dope for both Wildcard spots to be from our division.

Winkie
07-11-2022, 01:49 PM
I’m a noob. Trying to make sense of it all. Been lucky so far I guess. Getting better at adjustments I think

Kenny B. Stopped
07-17-2022, 09:21 PM
Unless you win the championship, you merely have 3 very bad draft pick slots for next year.

Kingswood
07-17-2022, 10:00 PM
Unless you win the championship, you merely have 3 very bad draft pick slots for next year.

You could look at it that way if you're incapable of building on the previous year's success. I've found success where most others in these leagues haven't. Otherwise you might as well just tank every season until you think you have a chance.

Kingswood
07-17-2022, 10:02 PM
I’m a noob. Trying to make sense of it all. Been lucky so far I guess. Getting better at adjustments I think

It's not easy with the limited information we get.

Wind From West
07-17-2022, 11:29 PM

I guess it could be said I tanked when I wasn't keeping up. No pc access and the phone was a joke.
I let the auto draft take over and it did alright I guess.

Still, I remember a decade back or so when this was in beta and was current when I drafted unknown players and its cool to see them still playing.

Imo, itll get back to that eventually.

We always bitched about half time adjustments so maybe thats implemented with the new version?

If a person doesn't wanna get serious about this sim, its not worth y/our time.
I haven't tried others so I don't know I'm missing or not?

cdcox
07-18-2022, 01:10 AM
Well, bummer. Lost both of my playoff games. :(

Kingswood
07-18-2022, 02:17 AM
Well, bummer. Lost both of my playoff games. :(

Damn that's rough. I won 1 and lost 1.