PDA

View Full Version : Game Play

Kingswood
05-09-2022, 01:02 AM
Is there a reason why there are so many more odd things that happen in Sandbox than in the actual NFL? Things that happen once a season are happening once a week, penalties are over the top, turnovers look like a madden sim, etc.

UmmBerrto
05-09-2022, 02:04 AM
Is there a reason why there are so many more odd things that happen in Sandbox than in the actual NFL? Things that happen once a season are happening once a week, penalties are over the top, turnovers look like a madden sim, etc.

I was wondering myself, I'm sure the algorithms line up with the percentages.

Yet, it does seem like an episode of a Playmakers, where the writers try to get everything that "might happen" into every episode.

Yet the games I've played out so far are still unique in different ways.

I took over a team with Lamar Jackson and no O-Line a couple of weeks ago.

Because of that, and Deandre Hopkins tough year in AZ last year, D-Hop usually drops half the passes that are thrown to him in most every game.

As a result of that I basically set Lamar to run 40% of the time.

Even that is no great thing. he might run 20 for 200yds and 3TD or 20 for 78yds and 3 Turnovers, either of which will probably end in a loss.

Bottom line is I guess it's like every GM, we put a team together that we believe should play and perform very well, 30+ GM's in the NFL probable feel that way every year.

However, most won't even compete for their division at the end of the year, and only one will be truly happy with the final outcome.

tcavity4566
05-09-2022, 12:44 PM
The thing that happens to me way to much AND it seems like every game...sometimes a few times a game...I have corner back who is OFFSIDES. Thats extremely frustrating. However, this is simulation and you have to expect some weird stuff to go down. This is my 1st year in this league and I am excited to see the realism improve season to season...

Kingswood
05-09-2022, 01:47 PM
Bottom line is I guess it's like every GM, we put a team together that we believe should play and perform very well, 30+ GM's in the NFL probable feel that way every year.

However, most won't even compete for their division at the end of the year, and only one will be truly happy with the final outcome.

Too true. Everyone is running extra laps this week.

UmmBerrto
05-09-2022, 02:59 PM
Too true. Everyone is running extra laps this week.

I would guess that may very well point to the inherited problem in the algorithm....

Why every game?

Do teams not work to fix problems week to week?

Address issues and make improvements?

Or even get worse because the players rebel against the coaches?

Facts are, the absolute best coaching staffs use the Regular season to get prepared for the playoffs, work on flaws and improve performance, and most of the good ones have a number of game plan contingencies for second half adjustments as needed.

But if the algorithm doesn't allow for improvement, then Lamar And D-Hop will continue to play this season for me like two Street Free Agents who won't be on the team next year, even though I am sure they both went in the first three rounds when originally drafted.

And your DB will continue to line up Offsides like it's never happened before, as if his Position Coach has never delt with the issue in any practice after any game where it has happened, even though it has happened in every game...

But in the real world, their are more first round picks that flame out of the NFL and do not receive a second contract with their original team, then first round picks that do get that second contract and become the fulfillment of the great hope of the organization.

So, yeah, we could blame the algorithm, or recognize that in this alternative reality, players don't appear to learn from their mistakes or improve on their circumstances until after the season is complete. If there is ever any improvement at all, from year to year, quite possibly, they may even get worse.

I guess the moral of the story is, that this is not your father's Oldsmobile.

But it may just be his Pontiac, My only guess is that it is either not so easy, or was not considered that the algorithm must spread its percentages over each game while also at the same time spreading its percentages across a season.

Then again, maybe the algorithm does exactly that, and we are just not happy with the outcome of a phenomenal algorithm.

"Inventors and their Inventions need time to see the greatness to its end of their capabilities".

~ Author Unknown ~

Rick Rossi
05-09-2022, 04:32 PM
Its not a given your team will be coached up and get better! What if you suck as a coach? Change your calls to adjust to your strong parts and the weak parts of your opponents. i try every week to take away what my opponent likes to do! If they have a star he will go off. That does not mean he will shut you down. The NFL today is Offense driven . You need only make a couple of stope to win as long s you can score !

smackawits
05-09-2022, 08:22 PM
The "street free agents" do WAY too well.......there is no incentive for fixing your lineups to replace weekly injured players. SFA should NOT be returning kicks for 88 yard TD's, nor punts for TDs, nor making INT's, nor third in the league for rushing, nor having a QB rating of 147.3. This has to be fixed!

tcavity4566
05-19-2022, 12:37 PM
Yes. I agree regarding street free agents. There are way to many FREE AGENTS in the top of leaderboards. How do you not resign a street Free agent that has 5 interceptions?

UmmBerrto
05-19-2022, 04:04 PM
Yes. I agree regarding street free agents. There are way to many FREE AGENTS in the top of leaderboards. How do you not resign a street Free agent that has 5 interceptions?

That is a good point.

Perhaps a street free agent should be signable and nameable.

Yet, I feel like back in the day there were some guys that would pop up and have great games or even great parts to a season and either catch on or disappear.

Even today, its not unheard of for a guy to pop up with 100+ Rushing or Receiving in some random game or stretch of only to fall right back off.

Or a Taylor Heineke to pop up from grad school and win a playoff game.

After all Kurt Warner was Bagging Groceries.

And the Cowboys are always finding these ex con dope head types that make a good run for a year or three on the defensive side of the ball.

Alex Smith was on the scrap heap in SF until Jim showed up, put in the RPO and Alex had like four or five great games before the league could adjust, and then Alex hit the bench and was traded to KC where Andy made a really good QB out of him.

After all there are always a few great sixth round picks that make noise before anyone knows who they are.

As for a Street Free Agent DB with 5 INT's, He is going to get thrown at, He might grab a few picks because he is out of position, before there is enough film on him to expose why he wasn't on anybody's opening day roster.

Kevin
05-20-2022, 03:16 AM

One thing that I'll note is that all street free agents for a team are lumped together on the stats. So if a team starts an entire defensive backfield of free agents, then the stats will look like one free agent has 5 interceptions when that's not the case. The same is true for other positions like WR and TE. So the free agents may not be as good as they look on the stats sheet because they're reported en masse.

cdcox
05-20-2022, 05:24 AM
I will make a few comments about free agents in Sandbox.

The stats for free agents mimic low attempt players in the NFL, on the theory that hundreds of players every year in the NFL start the season as free agents but end up playing. Many NFL teams start a player some time during the season that was sitting on their couch opening weekend.

Free agents will occasionally make some big plays or have good games. Umberto listed some good NFL examples.

If you look in any Sandbox league, most FA with significant snaps aren’t doing great. QB ratings in the 60s or below. WR dropping 10% of their passes. Etc.

Kevin mentions a great point that all FA at a given position on a given team are lumped together.

But looking at the big picture, FA are performing a little better than they should. Over the next couple weeks I will likely tone down their average performance by another notch.

tophardtjr
05-20-2022, 06:57 AM
I use to be in a sim league very similar to this, all the player stats were individualized no matter if it was Tom Brady or Joe Blow off the street. The sim went off of the pervious years real NFL stats. The stats for a sim year would not be exact as the real NFL year but it would be fairly close. For example if you have Tom Brady at QB in real life he throws for 5,000 yards, in the sim the following year it would be close to that, but if you have nothing but lower level WR'S on your sim team he would not get close to that.

UmmBerrto
05-20-2022, 11:57 AM
I use to be in a sim league very similar to this, all the player stats were individualized no matter if it was Tom Brady or Joe Blow off the street. The sim went off of the pervious years real NFL stats. The stats for a sim year would not be exact as the real NFL year but it would be fairly close. For example if you have Tom Brady at QB in real life he throws for 5,000 yards, in the sim the following year it would be close to that, but if you have nothing but lower level WR'S on your sim team he would not get close to that.

I believe the same thing is going on here and it takes into account each offensive lineman TE and HB in exactly the same way. If I understand correctly, the whole offensive line can take a hit if you play one really bad Guard, that the line has co compensate for, and that will cause issues with QB and RB production across the board.

I believe that is the case, or maybe I'm just reading to much into it.

UmmBerrto
05-20-2022, 12:03 PM
I believe the same thing is going on here and it takes into account each offensive lineman TE and HB in exactly the same way. If I understand correctly, the whole offensive line can take a hit if you play one really bad Guard, that the line has co compensate for, and that will cause issues with QB and RB production across the board.

I believe that is the case, or maybe I'm just reading to much into it.

I wonder if we are going to see a different Pat, now that Hill is gone, I believe the cheetah ran down a lot of passes that no other WR would even come close to.

Not that they were all bad passes, just many passes were thrown to where Pat hoped only the cheetah could get to.

pit1232
05-20-2022, 02:21 PM
when a player get injured for the season can we put him on injured reserve list and pick up a free agent in that postion like the NFL has and do we get to keep that player untill we need to drop player to make the 53 man roster

tophardtjr
05-20-2022, 04:07 PM
According to the developer if a free agent scores 5 TDS in real life in the sim they just get bundled together with all your other WR's, in the sim i used to be in that didn't happen. If he caught 5 TD'S in real life HE would catch somewhere around that in the sim, not the whole WR core.

Kingswood
05-20-2022, 04:23 PM

The stats for free agents mimic low attempt players in the NFL, on the theory that hundreds of players every year in the NFL start the season as free agents but end up playing. Many NFL teams start a player some time during the season that was sitting on their couch opening weekend.

Free agents will occasionally make some big plays or have good games. Umberto listed some good NFL examples.

If you look in any Sandbox league, most FA with significant snaps aren’t doing great. QB ratings in the 60s or below. WR dropping 10% of their passes. Etc.

Kevin mentions a great point that all FA at a given position on a given team are lumped together.

But looking at the big picture, FA are performing a little better than they should. Over the next couple weeks I will likely tone down their average performance by another notch.

I get that SFA can produce. I get that anything and everything can and has happened. The issue I have is the frequency. In Browns1 there's a team whose SFA has 10 sacks and 6ints. Even if you're combining their defensive SFA stats on the year, those sack and int numbers are better than some other teams as a whole. There's also a SFA doing outperforming Baker Mayfield at QB, not that Baker is Joe Montana, but still.
My main concern lies outside of SFA, however. I can have a pressure rate of 50% and get 2 sacks and my opponent will have a pressure rate of 20% and get 4 or 5 sacks. The turnover rate seems to be tremendous as well. It becomes too difficult to gameplan when you can't determine why you're getting sacked without being pressured, or you throw a pick every time you get in the redzone, or you're fumbling 3+ times a game. Safeties have been high. Special teams impacts have been over the top since we can't gameplan one way or the other for it. Defensively we can only gameplan against the pass.
The penatlies seem inconsistent too. I've had more penalties called on Eric Stokes in one game than he's had called on him his entire NFL career. There have been a large amount of personal foul calls, too, which is significant since they are tacked on at the end of a play. I regularly have DE's getting called for defensive holding and corners called for neutral zone infractions.
CAN these things happen? Absolutely. Should they be the norm? Absolutely not. Don't get me wrong, I love playing, especially in my Dolphins1 league since it's so active. These are just some things that need tweaking imo.

Kingswood
05-20-2022, 04:45 PM

Just saw I was challenged and I was sacked 8 times, threw 3 ints, and fumbled 4 times... in one game? We had similar pressure percentages but I never got to him once. Explain to me how Jimmy G is better at evading a sack than Justin Fields. His receivers aren't better, his line isn't better, yet somehow I'm the only one struggling? This is what's infuriating. There is so little consistency that it makes everything a joke. If SFA are going to outperform NFL starters and my team play is going to be so hit or miss why should we even bother? What is the point of setting up a gameplan and lineup, or even drafting if players aren't going to perform realistically? You don't want to give ratings, which I'm all for, but then you don't want to make the players realistic. The only difference between SFA and starters at this point is that starters have a name. Everything else seems entirely randomized.

UmmBerrto
05-20-2022, 06:36 PM
when a player get injured for the season can we put him on injured reserve list and pick up a free agent in that postion like the NFL has and do we get to keep that player untill we need to drop player to make the 53 man roster

Yeah that would be cool, maybe a ten man practice squad or something like that.

Plus, another good option would be a three, six, nine, twelve and full season Injury Reserve.

We know when a guy is going to be out. It would be nice to pick up a guy from the practice squad.

But, I guess that is the whole point of the SFA.

They are that guy that would come from your own practice squad or a pick up from off waivers.

So, the SFA make sense.

I believe the issue maybe we have so many abandoned teams with so many SFA playing at so many positions, it goes against our normal understanding of what we can accept.

tophardtjr
05-20-2022, 07:54 PM
Just saw I was challenged and I was sacked 8 times, threw 3 ints, and fumbled 4 times... in one game? We had similar pressure percentages but I never got to him once. Explain to me how Jimmy G is better at evading a sack than Justin Fields. His receivers aren't better, his line isn't better, yet somehow I'm the only one struggling? This is what's infuriating. There is so little consistency that it makes everything a joke. If SFA are going to outperform NFL starters and my team play is going to be so hit or miss why should we even bother? What is the point of setting up a gameplan and lineup, or even drafting if players aren't going to perform realistically? You don't want to give ratings, which I'm all for, but then you don't want to make the players realistic. The only difference between SFA and starters at this point is that starters have a name. Everything else seems entirely randomized.

I have not played a game yet as my league is still in the initial free agent period. But that is something they need to fix, there is no reason for that to happen.

Phog
05-23-2022, 06:29 PM
So far, in league play, Ben Worthlessburger has 8 INT and 13 LOST fumbles. It's a lot more just plain fumbles, mind you....but he's LOST 13 fumbles. However the stats get compiled in the stats column? Is woefully inept, as this isn't accurately reflected. LMAO

So I checked Pro Football Reference, and according to them, he had 11 total fumbles all year, losing 6.....all year.

Checked the game logs, and he's responsible for 8 lost fumbles so far. (He sucked) Lol

UmmBerrto
05-23-2022, 08:28 PM
So far, in league play, Ben Worthlessburger has 8 INT and 13 LOST fumbles. It's a lot more just plain fumbles, mind you....but he's LOST 13 fumbles. However the stats get compiled in the stats column? Is woefully inept, as this isn't accurately reflected. LMAO

So I checked Pro Football Reference, and according to them, he had 11 total fumbles all year, losing 6.....all year.

Checked the game logs, and he's responsible for 8 lost fumbles so far. (He sucked) Lol

Who is on your O-line?

Phog
05-24-2022, 12:29 AM
I think it is a by-product of the challenge option, Seems he's way worse in there. I think he's a turnover machine. I have Matthews, Norwell, Meinerz, Glowinksi, and Hurst.

UmmBerrto
05-24-2022, 01:23 AM
I think it is a by-product of the challenge option, Seems he's way worse in there. I think he's a turnover machine. I have Matthews, Norwell, Meinerz, Glowinksi, and Hurst.

A quick look up on Madden shows that Meinerz and Hurst are rated in the low 70's Glowinksi is a 77.

What I assume is your Left side, Matthews and Norwell, are rated in the 81 and 82, which is not bad, however,

I believe that the weaker right side will pull the left side down and probably give you an average of mid 70's across the line.

Now, that is just Madden ratings and the guys who run this game use a lot more then Madden.

So, If these guys are rated even lower in the other sources, (For instance Quintin Nelson is rated 26 points lower on PFF (69.1) then on Madden (95)), that are being used for ratings, you will definitely need to upgrade in the offseason.

Also, I believe they take all kinds of other things into consideration that they don't really identify to us.

My only questions are, Why Burger?

Did you draft him?

[Burger is a 74 on Madden and a 53 on PFF]
. Overall .

Phog
05-24-2022, 05:28 PM
My starting QB was Watson, but he didn't play last year for obvious reasons (degenerate). So I picked up Rapistberger to fill in, also have Taylor Heinicke, lol. Had to use him 1 game, that was enough. Was in between a rock and a hard spot. So it's a throw away season for me basically, plus I have anywhere between 7 to 12 players out during any given week, so there's also that. It is what it is.

This week is a light injury list for me, 3 CBs (Peters, Gardner-Johnson, Echols), 1 RT (Conklin), the aforementioned QB (Watson), 1 DE (Lawson). But 2 or 3 of those that I can start, aren't worth it because they are usually hurt also, Wr Samuels being one such player.

Also, my right side OL USED to be Brandin Brooks and Jack Conklin, but injuries.

Like I said, a throw away season.

UmmBerrto
05-24-2022, 06:22 PM
My starting QB was Watson, but he didn't play last year for obvious reasons (degenerate). So I picked up Rapistberger to fill in, also have Taylor Heinicke, lol. Had to use him 1 game, that was enough. Was in between a rock and a hard spot. So it's a throw away season for me basically, plus I have anywhere between 7 to 12 players out during any given week, so there's also that. It is what it is.

This week is a light injury list for me, 3 CBs (Peters, Gardner-Johnson, Echols), 1 RT (Conklin), the aforementioned QB (Watson), 1 DE (Lawson). But 2 or 3 of those that I can start, aren't worth it because they are usually hurt also, Wr Samuels being one such player.

Also, my right side OL USED to be Brandin Brooks and Jack Conklin, but injuries.

Like I said, a throw away season.

I understand.

Well, I guess there is always the Draft.

tcavity4566
05-25-2022, 02:37 PM
Quick Question....

Is there anyway to minimize the amount of penalties your team receives? Like if we use players who are less penalized throughout the year? I am top the leaderboards on penalties and it is NOT a list you want to be high on....

Kingswood
05-25-2022, 03:39 PM
I hear if you have Brady you'll cut your penalties in half

UmmBerrto
05-25-2022, 04:49 PM
I hear if you have Brady you'll cut your penalties in half

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Hahahahhahahhahahha

Kingswood
05-27-2022, 12:59 PM
Anyone else getting sacked 10 times a game, 4 times on the first 4 plays? Make it make sense.

QB - Justin Fields - 2nd fastest QB in the league
LT - Elgton Jenkins - 11th tackle on PFF
LG - Chris Lindstrom - 6th guard on PFF
C - Conner McGovern - 9th center on PFF
RG - Michael Onwenu - 3rd guard on PFF
RT - Braden Smith - 13th tackle on PFF

UmmBerrto
05-27-2022, 05:09 PM
Anyone else getting sacked 10 times a game, 4 times on the first 4 plays? Make it make sense.

Perhaps the problem is Justin.

His stats were not very good last year.

Regardless of how fast he is, dude was way over matched play after play.

Not sure what his sack percentage was last year, because I just couldn't take watching the ineptitude.

Perhaps next year, fields will be better.

Also, in my own personal opinion, Young QB's need a run game, even in an alternate reality.

Reality is, I can't offer you much help, I just got here.

Kingswood
05-27-2022, 06:09 PM
Perhaps the problem is Justin.

His stats were not very good last year.

Regardless of how fast he is, dude was way over matched play after play.

Not sure what his sack percentage was last year, because I just couldn't take watching the ineptitude.

Perhaps next year, fields will be better.

Also, in my own personal opinion, Young QB's need a run game, even in an alternate reality.

Reality is, I can't offer you much help, I just got here.

You're probably right. He did have a game last year where he got sacked 9 times. I just expected that with a better line and receivers it would balance out a bit more. Lessons learned.

UmmBerrto
05-28-2022, 01:23 AM
Quick suggestion that is probably not a quick code update.

How about, instead of a SFA, program the computer to add a random real player at that position who is not signed to a team in that league?

Basically, the equivalent of picking up a real guy from waivers, another team's practice squad, own practice squad, the carousel or the couch.

Teams are constantly bringing guys in mid-season to fill holes and give opportunities when injuries occur.

My guess is you have already considered that as a step down the road.

You have what looks like a few hundred unused available players in each league.

Or let us pick up guys from the free agent list for $1 during the season and release our own guys to injury reserve?

Probably too much to make happen right now.

I like the idea of the random guy that the computer assigns, because then I can click on that guy and look up his real stats and ratings, even if I don't yet get to pick who is assigned to my team to fill a hole.

I understand that that is exactly what a SFA is, I'm just saying that having the real name and face of a specific player might help the GM's psychology.

I also am guessing that you realize that too.

Or another idea, expand our rosters to match what the NFL has available when including the practice squad.

Just the random thoughts of an outsider.

UmmBerrto
05-28-2022, 01:27 AM
You're probably right. He did have a game last year where he got sacked 9 times. I just expected that with a better line and receivers it would balance out a bit more. Lessons learned.

I understand

smackawits
05-28-2022, 05:40 PM
Quick suggestion that is probably not a quick code update.

How about, instead of a SFA, program the computer to add a random real player at that position who is not signed to a team in that league?

Basically, the equivalent of picking up a real guy from waivers, another team's practice squad, own practice squad, the carousel or the couch.

Teams are constantly bringing guys in mid-season to fill holes and give opportunities when injuries occur.

My guess is you have already considered that as a step down the road.

You have what looks like a few hundred unused available players in each league.

Or let us pick up guys from the free agent list for $1 during the season and release our own guys to injury reserve?

Probably too much to make happen right now.

I like the idea of the random guy that the computer assigns, because then I can click on that guy and look up his real stats and ratings, even if I don't yet get to pick who is assigned to my team to fill a hole.

I understand that that is exactly what a SFA is, I'm just saying that having the real name and face of a specific player might help the GM's psychology.

I also am guessing that you realize that too.

Or another idea, expand our rosters to match what the NFL has available when including the practice squad.

Just the random thoughts of an outsider.

good ideas well presented

Kevin
06-02-2022, 06:22 PM
good ideas well presented

That's reasonable. I have no idea how much coding that would involved, but it's certainly something we can consider as an improvement.

Kevin
06-02-2022, 06:24 PM
Quick Question....

Is there anyway to minimize the amount of penalties your team receives? Like if we use players who are less penalized throughout the year? I am top the leaderboards on penalties and it is NOT a list you want to be high on....

Yeah, we code in the real players' likelihood to draw penalties (with some normal random variation, of course), and some players are penalty magnets in real life. If a lineman or cornerback is grabby in real life, he'll be grabby in these leagues, too.

Phog
06-02-2022, 07:40 PM
I just played a challenge game where Rothlisberger fumbled 4 times.....in a little over 1 quarter of 1 game. Lmao. He fumbled a total of 11 times all of last year.

Wind From West
06-06-2022, 08:41 PM

Dude, my team, CCA, sacks the hell outta teams and forces plenty of turnovers. Ask dj's left nut, leader of Challenge. I sacked Dak 10 times and forced I think 6 turnovers last time we played and am 3-1 against him, lol.

Did you pay attention to whos sacking you? Its not a DE or LB, lol.

I have several D gameplans I use for certain teams. I'm all about Defense. Don't care the NFL is all Offense.

You gotta change **** up!

Wind From West
06-06-2022, 08:45 PM

We sacked Newport earlier today 19 times, lol.

363 sacks in 71 games. Yeah buddy!

Kingswood
06-07-2022, 01:01 AM

I pay attention to everything lol. Most of the time it is a DE or LB. It's rare I'm sacked by DB's or DT's.

Wind From West
06-07-2022, 01:32 AM
My Safeties are doing most of the damage. Poyer is killing it, lol.

I just asked cause my DT & S are rocking, lol. Not expected I would think or planned.

Kingswood
06-07-2022, 05:33 AM
My Safeties are doing most of the damage. Poyer is killing it, lol.

I just asked cause my DT & S are rocking, lol. Not expected I would think or planned.

Whatever works man

UmmBerrto
06-10-2022, 03:01 AM
Dude, my team, CCA, sacks the hell outta teams and forces plenty of turnovers. Ask dj's left nut, leader of Challenge. I sacked Dak 10 times and forced I think 6 turnovers last time we played and am 3-1 against him, lol.

I have several D gameplans I use for certain teams. I'm all about Defense. Don't care the NFL is all Offense.

You gotta change **** up!

So, it is ok that your Defense is doing all this, but will they change the code to reduce your advantage?

UmmBerrto
06-10-2022, 03:04 AM
We sacked Newport earlier today 19 times, lol.

363 sacks in 71 games. Yeah buddy!

So, what is being done to change the code since the NFL does not operate with these numbers?

In the last five years (81 Games) the highest sack total is the Steelers and they only have 273.

The tenth highest total is Tampa with 202.

In 10 less games you have 132% of the sacks of the #1 Sack Defense in the league and 180% of the #10 team

The record for most sacks in any one game is 14 in 1952 and seven other teams throughout history have managed 12 sacks in a game.

The 1984 bears have the most sacks ever in a season (72) and that is 4.5 per game.

Your team average for the last 71 games is 5.11 per game, for not just one great season, but multiple years.

No NFL franchise has ever scored 60 sacks or more in more then 5 seasons in their history and you have blown right past that yearly average for four years straight.

Clearly something needs to be adjusted....

How was this allowed to continue?

The fact that you just brag about this like its ok and then attack someone else.

Can you see the Hypocrisy?

Quit trying to over write the code.

UmmBerrto
06-12-2022, 03:14 AM

I was wondering how things are going with Justin?

In the browns league he seems to be doing well.

............................................ AT ... COM ..Yds .. TD ..INT ..Com% YdsPer ..Rating
Justin Fields Toledo Phantoms 296 ..221 ..2637 .. 19 .. 8 .. 74.7 .... 8.91 .....111.6

Kingswood
06-12-2022, 06:23 PM
I was wondering how things are going with Justin?

In the browns league he seems to be doing well.

............................................ AT ... COM ..Yds .. TD ..INT ..Com% YdsPer ..Rating
Justin Fields Toledo Phantoms 296 ..221 ..2637 .. 19 .. 8 .. 74.7 .... 8.91 .....111.6

That's great. I didn't have quite that much success with him

Justin Fields 200/294 2,268y 21tds 10ints 68% 7.71ypa 100.5r

I wasn't happy with his consistency though so I tried out Jacoby Brissett the last couple of games.

Jacoby Brissett 60/77 687y 8tds 0ints 77.9% 8.92ypa 138.5r

Still that's only a couple of games so we'll see how he performs tonight. Fields is out regardless this week.

Wind From West
06-12-2022, 11:38 PM
Urbumto, I'm not the one bitching about the game not being realistic and then expect a QB to run 50+, never passing or handing off to another RB, lol. Do you not see your hypocrisy in all this?

Yes, something happened to my D. My D game plans change on their own now too every time I click in.

I'm done with Challenge.

So what if I was bragging. I thought I figured out a good D gameplan for CCA. Same plan never worked for my other team.

You bitch too much. I called you out and you told me 3 X to "watch my tone". Youre no better than me, you **** outta the same hole, get over yourself, lol. Youre not all that, lol.

UmmBerrto
06-13-2022, 01:54 AM
Urbumto, I'm not the one bitching about the game not being realistic and then expect a QB to run 50+, never passing or handing off to another RB, lol. Do you not see your hypocrisy in all this?

Yes, something happened to my D. My D game plans change on their own now too every time I click in.

I'm done with Challenge.

So what if I was bragging. I thought I figured out a good D gameplan for CCA. Same plan never worked for my other team.

You bitch too much. I called you out and you told me 3 X to "watch my tone". Youre no better than me, you **** outta the same hole, get over yourself, lol. Youre not all that, lol.

Yeah well, the team I drafted is better then the team you drafted.

Na Na Na Na Na

Kevin
06-13-2022, 02:03 AM
That's great. I didn't have quite that much success with him

Justin Fields 200/294 2,268y 21tds 10ints 68% 7.71ypa 100.5r

I wasn't happy with his consistency though so I tried out Jacoby Brissett the last couple of games.

Jacoby Brissett 60/77 687y 8tds 0ints 77.9% 8.92ypa 138.5r

Still that's only a couple of games so we'll see how he performs tonight. Fields is out regardless this week.

One of my teams played Justin Fields a while back, and he was pretty superb. It makes me wonder what was holding him back in the NFL. Wait - I know. It was Matt Nagy.

UmmBerrto
06-13-2022, 02:17 AM

I'm done with Challenge.

Lamar is going on IR for the rest of the year, so If you want to know my motivations, what I was thinking when I set Lamar to run?

I am going to lose the guy for the year anyway, Might as well run him like it's my fault that he gets hurt.

I really had no Idea that you guys would be so offended and have such a kneejerk reaction to BS Challange games.

Having said all that, I meant everything that I said about wanting to run my QB's and RB's into concussion Protocall.

Running QB's are Cheep as hell, especially If, as a real NFL GM, I have no intention on offering any of them a second contract.

Big running backs that can't get separation in the Route Tree are also cheep as hell.

So are Offensive lineman who can run block but can't pass protect, and the same for TE's who can run block but can't catch or pass block.

So in the spirit of Money ball, As an NFL GM and Head Coach, I would run the ball all day everyday with replaceable parts that only take up 20% of my salary cap and spend the rest of the cap on defense and special teams.

My defense would have all pros at every position including the bench.

Eventually, adding in some minor play action and RPO near playoff time.

Going through 5-10 low paid Running QB's and 10-15 low paid hammer RB's a season, or more if necessary.

Meanwhile no D in the league would have the personnel to stop my Running plays for four quarters BECAUSE they are all built to stop the pass.

You guys are a gas, It is hilarious to see how you justify yourselves, when you talk to me, worse then I ever talked to any of you.

Kingswood
06-13-2022, 05:03 AM
One of my teams played Justin Fields a while back, and he was pretty superb. It makes me wonder what was holding him back in the NFL. Wait - I know. It was Matt Nagy.

I felt really bad for him when the Bears drafted him. I was really hoping Denver would take him. I can't complain about Pat Surtain or Russ but I would've filled the team's biggest need, which was QB. Hopefully he can be more efficient this year so he will perform better for me next season lol

Phog
07-11-2022, 01:58 AM
Well, I for one will welcome this new version because.......in my playoff game, I have in the 3/4 down and 1, 40% with 0 passing base offense, and also 60% two TE short yardage 0 passing. 1st and goal from the 1 yd line incomplete pass, 2nd down incomplete pass, 3rd down drops back to pass and is sacked (and fumbles of course). Come on. I have 0 passing.

Also, what does one have to do to get Kelce involved. I tried 2 TE sets, 1 TE sets, making him a WR even. and he has around 45 catches for 650 yds with 5 tds. In the playoff game, he had 1 rec with 7 and a half minutes left in the game for 9 yds. That's all. If he doesn't get ignored, he's like an afterthought. Come on.

Otherwise, thanks for the game and all you do. It's fun. Good luck.

cdcox
07-11-2022, 02:12 AM
Your experience with passing when you have it set to 0 is something I will check into. Thanks for letting me know.

As far as Kelce goes, who are the other WR? If you only have one good target, they can be taken out by a good pass defense.

Phog
07-11-2022, 01:29 PM
Godwin, Mooney, Brown, Reynolds, Pascal. Godwin's been out for about 5 weeks. It just isnt this year....it's been a problem for some time. Of course Rapistberger may have had something to do with it, but Watson before this year had the same problem. But no matter, good luck to everyone the rest of the way in the playoffs.

TheeMasterBolt
07-11-2022, 04:06 PM

I agree with street free agents. Two of them led my league in targets. Honestly, I would like to do away with street free agents open free agency back up during the season with a 24 hour bid that opens on Tuesday, or a waiver priority with each free agent Costing 1 point for 1 year

tophardtjr
07-11-2022, 06:04 PM
I agree with street free agents. Two of them led my league in targets. Honestly, I would like to do away with street free agents open free agency back up during the season with a 24 hour bid that opens on Tuesday, or a waiver priority with each free agent Costing 1 point for 1 year

I agree with this, also make in season trading a thing!

Wind From West
07-11-2022, 07:27 PM
I have yet been able to utilize my TE's either. Sort of why I traded Pitts off.

In season trading being similar to the nfl with a deadline would be great.

Phog
08-01-2022, 01:34 AM
So, I just noticed in our (Raiders1) league, in the Championship game, that one team completed a pass for 15? yards, I don't remember. But there was a roughing the passer penalty. They took the play, but the penalty was declined??? I'm thinking roughing the passer is a personal foul that is tacked on to the end of the play. Might be something to look at for future play. (providing I'm correct)

Kingswood
08-10-2022, 06:57 PM
Imagine having the audacity to claim you have a realistic sim and then have games where Ryan Tannehill, Damien Harris, and CMac can combine for over 200y on 12 rushes... and Cmac only had 1 of those carries.