PDA

View Full Version : If I might be so bold as to make another suggestion?

UmmBerrto
05-04-2022, 03:01 PM
Making every draft pick a 10-minute pick, even when locked in, would set the rounds rather nicely.

For example, every pick set at 10 min would make every 24-pick round a 240-minute round.

That would mean that each round would take exactly 4 hours.

The first round of each day could be scheduled to run from 8am to noon.

Each team would know exactly when their pick is coming up.

After the first round, there could be a one-hour break before the second round starts at 1pm, running to 5pm.

After another one-hour break the third round could run from 6pm-10pm.

This would give three rounds a day, with enough advanced warning and slow enough movement to allow for men to be keep up with their draft boards.

As well as move the draft process along in a manner that may prove to be more efficient.

24 rounds in 8 days or 27 rounds in 9 days.

Seems to me it would minimize headaches and complaints.

But then again, I could be wrong.

Sincerely,

Robert Cal Richards Jr.

smackawits
05-04-2022, 04:02 PM
not a bad idea until the last sentence.......

UmmBerrto
05-04-2022, 04:37 PM
not a bad idea until the last sentence.......

Not quite sure I get what you are saying?

smackawits
05-04-2022, 04:48 PM
you could have left the last sentence out...your idea was good and deserves some attention for future leagues.

cdcox
05-04-2022, 05:40 PM
I appreciate the input. So as someone who works 10-12 hour days pretty regularly, this would require me to put and rank at least 60 players on my draft board every night. That is about a 3 hour task for me. I one or two rounds per day is about all I can handle.

UmmBerrto
05-04-2022, 06:59 PM
I appreciate the input. So as someone who works 10-12 hour days pretty regularly, this would require me to put and rank at least 60 players on my draft board every night. That is about a 3 hour task for me. I one or two rounds per day is about all I can handle.

Might I then ask, what is the plan when there are actually 24 individual teams drafted by 24 actual humans?

When each of those 24 teams is run by an actual independent person?

What is your plan to maintain the speed of the draft then?

Or, is it your plan, to start every league, with ghost teams, that never auto pick, as your means to control the speed of the initial draft, for all time?

And continue to later offer those miss-drafted bot teams as secondary abandoned teams for bored and frustrated gamers to adopt as a means to pacify the multitude?

I'm just asking for a friend.

Personally, I am enjoying most every moment of this.

Sincerely,

Robert Cal Richards Jr.

tigerchen
05-04-2022, 07:22 PM
Might I then ask, what is the plan when there are actually 24 individual teams drafted by 24 actual humans?

When each of those 24 teams is run by an actual independent person?

What is your plan to maintain the speed of the draft then?

Or, is it your plan, to start every league, with ghost teams, that never auto pick, as your means to control the speed of the initial draft, for all time?

And continue to later offer those miss-drafted bot teams as secondary abandoned teams for bored and frustrated gamers to adopt as a means to pacify the multitude?

I'm just asking for a friend.

Personally, I am enjoying most every moment of this.

Sincerely,

Robert Cal Richards Jr.

Why are you like this? I've been reading a bunch of you comments / messages. You make this community toxic. This game isn't perfect, but you attitude is far worse.

UmmBerrto
05-04-2022, 07:32 PM
Why are you like this? I've been reading a bunch of you comments / messages. You make this community toxic. This game isn't perfect, but you attitude is far worse.

Am I not asking a legitimate question?

Your game is for the intelligent, is it not?

Intelligent people ask questions about things that don't add up.

It's a matter of our nature.

So, I'm just asking, what is the plan for the future?

How do you plan on controlling the speed of the draft when 24 humans lock in their draft board?

cdcox
05-04-2022, 10:42 PM
We have some plans on the stove to increase engagement they aren’t ready to roll out yet, but they hopefully will be in the next few weeks.

I’m not worried about the draft ever going too fast in practice. Let’s do a thought experiment where 24 people were fully engaged, each had 100 players on their draft board and all had auto draft turned on. Boom, four rounds get executed instantly. What do you think happens next? All the draft boards are empty and half the people will be away from the game for many hours living their lives. The draft will slow down to the normal pace. With a very active league you can average 20 minutes per pick over the course of the draft or two rounds per day. Faster than that just isn’t likely to happen.

UmmBerrto
05-05-2022, 01:58 AM
We have some plans on the stove to increase engagement they aren’t ready to roll out yet, but they hopefully will be in the next few weeks.

I’m not worried about the draft ever going too fast in practice. Let’s do a thought experiment where 24 people were fully engaged, each had 100 players on their draft board and all had auto draft turned on. Boom, four rounds get executed instantly. What do you think happens next? All the draft boards are empty and half the people will be away from the game for many hours living their lives. The draft will slow down to the normal pace. With a very active league you can average 20 minutes per pick over the course of the draft or two rounds per day. Faster than that just isn’t likely to happen.

Then why the Ghost teams?

cdcox
05-05-2022, 02:19 AM
We have some plans on the stove to increase engagement. They aren’t ready to roll out yet, but they hopefully will be in the next few weeks.

UmmBerrto
05-05-2022, 03:53 AM
We have some plans on the stove to increase engagement. They aren’t ready to roll out yet, but they hopefully will be in the next few weeks.

Yeah, I get it, you don't need to explain what you don't want to explain, to your clients.

I don't always offer my wisdom, but when I do, those who accept the guidance are grateful and those who dance around the facts, usually reach out to apologize.

~Author Unknown~

I look forward to seeing how this season plays out

Sincerely,

Robert Cal Richards Jr.

Kingswood
05-05-2022, 01:40 PM
I don't always offer my wisdom, but when I do, those who accept the guidance are grateful and those who dance around the facts, usually reach out to apologize.

~Author Unknown~

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

~Socrates~

UmmBerrto
05-05-2022, 01:52 PM
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

~Socrates~

That is just one of the reasons why I ask questions that people don't want asked.

~Me~

Kingswood
05-05-2022, 05:23 PM
That is just one of the reasons why I ask questions that people don't want asked.

~Me~

It is a wise thing to polite; consequently, it is a stupid thing to be rude. To make enemies by unnecessary and willful incivility is just as insane a proceeding as to set your house on fire.

~Arthur Schopenhauer~

UmmBerrto
05-05-2022, 07:36 PM
It is a wise thing to polite; consequently, it is a stupid thing to be rude. To make enemies by unnecessary and willful incivility is just as insane a proceeding as to set your house on fire.

~Arthur Schopenhauer~

A wise man showeth himself to be friendly.

~ The Creator of All ~

Does not say that he must always be friendly, just says he must show that he is friendly.

I hope you well.

TheeMasterBolt
05-11-2022, 04:00 PM
What’s the rush? Your trying to hurry up to draft just to wait. This is supposed to be a slow process. Gives other owners plenty of time to make trades. One season is supposed to take an entire year. Take your time. Do your research on players. Look at their backgrounds. Arrests etc… watch game film and make a decision on if the player is worth drafting. It’s supposed to be a long process.

UmmBerrto
05-11-2022, 08:02 PM
What’s the rush? Your trying to hurry up to draft just to wait. This is supposed to be a slow process. Gives other owners plenty of time to make trades. One season is supposed to take an entire year. Take your time. Do your research on players. Look at their backgrounds. Arrests etc… watch game film and make a decision on if the player is worth drafting. It’s supposed to be a long process.

Good idea, I'll keep that in mind.

UmmBerrto
05-11-2022, 09:09 PM

Reality is, it all comes down to being lied to.

I actually read the panels that were provided and watched the videos while I waited weeks for the draft to begin.

The draft was said to run a specific way, and yet it was clear from the first round, that the people who made the panels and videos, were controlling the draft to make sure that it did not move the very way they said it would move.

That caused a seed of negativity to rise up and take root in my opinion and understanding of the entire site.

So, after being pissed off, I composed myself and offered a solution here that would allow the owners to stop being seen by their clients as liars.

The very solution could be used to make the draft one round a day or two rounds a day, I suggested three rounds which isn't really importaint.

What is important is that once again they just pushed innovation and suggestion to the side and returned to self justification.

All I asked, from the beginning is to not be lied to and then dismissed like a child who doesn't see the hypocrisy in front of them.

Perhaps, had I not been distracted and caught up in the lie, I would have noticed, as you said, through the research I was engaged in, that one of the top recruits that I had placed in my draft pool had just retired a few months ago.

Realizing that that had happened, as I was simultaneously being dismissed by ownership, contributed even more to the fervency of my anger at the lies and the manipulation of the drafting speed.

But, it's all good.

I am no longer upset at the lies or the distraction they caused, I said my peace and offered a solution.

Those within the organization have to deal with the continued rejection of innovation and suggestion.

Which continues to lead to reduced retention of clientele.

I am currently participating in two separate draft leagues, both of which have less then 50% participation.

I guess, even in the real world there are franchises who are mailing it in on a regular from decade to decade.

So, why should I be upset if half the league is nonexistent?

Sincerely,

Robert Cal Richards Jr.

Kevin
05-16-2022, 02:23 AM
Sincerely,

Robert Cal Richards Jr.

Ummberto, we would be glad to refund your money and let you move on to other activities if you wish. No one has lied to you and everyone here has been treating you respectfully. If you're not enjoying the game, let me know and we'll refund your subscription.

UmmBerrto
05-16-2022, 07:40 AM
Ummberto, we would be glad to refund your money and let you move on to other activities if you wish. No one has lied to you and everyone here has been treating you respectfully. If you're not enjoying the game, let me know and we'll refund your subscription.

I am enjoying the game, and you are manipulating the game, for a number of reasons, reasonable reasons I am sure.

I don't care about the money, I care about the game, If you are going to continue to manipulate things, just be upfront about it.

When you do things this way, you are calling your clients idiots.

Your calling me an idiot, we see what you are doing.

From jump street I have attempted to help you better your product and your appearance of integrity.

The game lacks integrity when you are not upfront and honest, when you dismiss people who point out the obvious.

You lack integrity when you threaten to take the game away from people who ask questions you don't want asked.

Check all my correspondence, then realize that many people have walked away from your game feeling and thinking in some fashion similarly to what I have tried to convey to you.

They may have asked a question themselves and not appreciated the dismissive response, or they may have just not felt it worth the trouble.

I understand that you probably put those walk aways as people who just aren't in your demographic, let me say this, ANYONE who lays out $18 for an unrecognizable computer game is in your Demographic and your game should keep them interested for years, however something left them walking away.

I suggest that you are not listening to the objections in a way that conveys respect to the clients intelligence and desires.

After all, are we not here at this stage of the conversation, because You think controlling the initial draft via ghost teams that are never skipped over is a way that brings "Intrigue" into the draft?

Believe me when I say this one more time, Nobody, after waiting weeks to find out that they were not ripped off, wants to sit through a five week draft because you won't just set a draft schedule in the absence of "Intrigue".

Also, if there was anyone who actually paid and did not show up to the Draft because of whatever reason, you did rip them off and you should return their money no matter how long ago it was.

You can keep my money, I would prefer to prove I am a Better GM then any of you.