PDA

View Full Version : Defensive impact

Aardvark71
03-28-2022, 03:46 PM
My first two weeks playing and it’s hard to see the impact of defense has - especially an aggressive 3/4 front w lots of blitzes. I do see how much difference a QB/WR combo takes over a game - my squad is on the right side of this w Dak and Deebo / Waller - much less impact reviewing running back performances even from a top player like Henry

cdcox
03-29-2022, 05:16 AM
Defense has a huge impact on the game. Go to the team defensive stats in your league an sort on various categories. You’ll see very large differences in YPA, passer rating, yards per rushing attempt, etc. These differences between defensive performances between teams depend both on the defensive personnel and how they are deployed.

If King Henry isn’t getting it done for you, it could be your OL, the defenses you have faced so far, or even the down/distances when you do most of your rushing. Star running backs (and QBs for that matter) have widely different performances across leagues. The simulations do have a random component, and we are only two games in. If you believe in what you are doing, stick with it another week or two and see if things get better.

Chilly
03-29-2022, 06:52 PM
Is there a way to include tackles for the defense? It would help me understand what I need to do to adjust if I know where the plays are being made and by whom.

Kingswood
03-29-2022, 10:51 PM
Is there a way to include tackles for the defense? It would help me understand what I need to do to adjust if I know where the plays are being made and by whom.

This right here.

cdcox
03-30-2022, 02:54 AM
I think it could be worth while to provide more detail about tackles, who is getting pressure, what formations are being run, etc. This will require a major rewrite of the simulator. Can't promise when that will happen.

Aardvark71
03-30-2022, 02:57 PM
Your points bear out well....
The team I started from scratch is doing great because I stocked both sides of the offense/defensive lines early in a new draft, and still got very productive runner/receivers and Dad Prescott (who has a 155 passer rating after two games and is 2-0 outscoring opponents 80-22)

The team I inherited and really could not fix due to a lack of everything, is basically terrible on both the fronts, and is rightfully stinking with YPC, cannot run or throw. It won't change much w/ Daniel Jones at QB (though I did add D. Henry and some good LB/ secondary players) the team's the defense is at least competitive, now 1-1.

Kingswood
03-30-2022, 09:52 PM
Your points bear out well....
The team I started from scratch is doing great because I stocked both sides of the offense/defensive lines early in a new draft, and still got very productive runner/receivers and Dad Prescott (who has a 155 passer rating after two games and is 2-0 outscoring opponents 80-22)

Dying at "Dad Prescott" :D

Aardvark71
03-31-2022, 03:59 PM
Shoulda said "Daddy Prescott"