PDA

View Full Version : Players like Vita Vea....

Relvig
03-14-2022, 05:42 PM
I am setting up my lineup and I was planning on making Vita Vea a Tackle on my team. However, even though I can switch other Ends into Tackle positions, Vita Vea cannot. Here is my weirdness on it; he played as a Tackle this year, even though his position on here is listed as a DE3. I would think Tackles and Ends could be somewhat interchangeable. Can you look into this please.

Relvig

Cmcm2297
03-14-2022, 06:52 PM
I have him on one of my teams and it let me play him at tackle

Dbillblood
03-14-2022, 07:32 PM
Make sure he isnt inserted into the lineup at another position

PaperLions
03-14-2022, 09:04 PM
Vita plays in a 3-4 base defense in TB. In the 3-4 the outside linebackers are the defacto DEs. In the 4-3 base, the outside down lineman are the defacto DEs. There is a different skill set and physical size requirements to play the DE spot for each base defense. That’s why Sandbox labels players as DE4 (base 4-3) and DE3 (base 3-4) and they aren’t easily moved in Sandbox, much like the NFL. Can you switch your base defense to a 3-4 and play Vita as a DE3?

Kingswood
03-14-2022, 09:09 PM
However, even though I can switch other Ends into Tackle positions, Vita Vea cannot.

Relvig

I was having similar issues I was able to resolve after I refreshed a couple times.

cdcox
03-15-2022, 12:17 AM
I am setting up my lineup and I was planning on making Vita Vea a Tackle on my team. However, even though I can switch other Ends into Tackle positions, Vita Vea cannot. Here is my weirdness on it; he played as a Tackle this year, even though his position on here is listed as a DE3. I would think Tackles and Ends could be somewhat interchangeable. Can you look into this please.

Relvig

Vita Vea is currently assigned to play as your LDE2. You need to put another player in that position, or a free agent, to free him up so he can be assigned to play Tackle.

Relvig
03-15-2022, 02:34 AM
I already tried that earlier, will try again

Relvig
03-15-2022, 05:40 PM
What about Ty Montgomery. When I drafted him I was going to use him as my third HB. However, after the draft, he was changed to a WR, even though his NFL info says RB/WR. Now I can only position him as a WR.

cdcox
03-16-2022, 03:23 AM
What about Ty Montgomery. When I drafted him I was going to use him as my third HB. However, after the draft, he was changed to a WR, even though his NFL info says RB/WR. Now I can only position him as a WR.

So we have to list a WR or RB as one position or another. They aren't interchangeable and it has to be the same position across all leagues. Montgomery is listed at WR because he had more snaps at WR than at HB in 2021.

As a practical matter Montgomery doesn't have great stats as a RB in 2021. You'd be just as good having a FA at that position.

UmmBerrto
05-08-2022, 02:19 PM
So we have to list a WR or RB as one position or another. They aren't interchangeable and it has to be the same position across all leagues. Montgomery is listed at WR because he had more snaps at WR than at HB in 2021.

As a practical matter Montgomery doesn't have great stats as a RB in 2021. You'd be just as good having a FA at that position.

The way the NFL is going, it would be great if you reflected the standard that select RB spend a lot of time as WR and WR spend time at RB.

I don't know what it would take, but eventually opening up the code to reflect this reality would be great.

Take your time.

Even the NFL is slow to make changes.

Have you seen this other football league that has technology determining if the ball made it to the first down marker?